System 9 Pattern Sequencer in the shop!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.

rcbuse
RE Developer

18 Feb 2015

I dig the TR-707 LCD look.

Shokstar

18 Feb 2015

I´d like this too, but I think, tools like this should be part of the stock Reason devices. 

functions like shuffle should be availible on the transportbar to get quick access and it should work in realtime instead of the F8 tool feature. 

tiker01

18 Feb 2015

Shokstar wrote:I´d like this too, but I think, tools like this should be part of the stock Reason devices. 

functions like shuffle should be availible on the transportbar to get quick access and it should work in realtime instead of the F8 tool feature. 
At least they (PH) should sort out notes to track as these sequencers and chord devices coming out one after another.

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

lowpryo

18 Feb 2015

can anyone explain to me what this can do that a ReDrum or a few Matrixes can't? or is it just meant to be a more accessible/compact alternative?

Goan

18 Feb 2015

Is it remotable? I'd love to build a more streamlined version of this:

Goan doesn't do Goa, he likes samples, weirdness, beats
Tools of choice: Reason, iPad, MicroBrute
Listen: http://adamagon.bandcamp.com/album/the- ... e-remix-ep

Marc64

18 Feb 2015

Pretty cool device, instead of having many matrixes.
copy , paste and even saving patches  :t2018: :)

Roly

18 Feb 2015

Will it work with the LoopMIDI or IAC Driver notes to track workaround? I guess I'll have to trial it and find out.

gak

18 Feb 2015

On the radar.

Jagwah

19 Feb 2015

tiker01 wrote:At least they (PH) should sort out notes to track as these sequencers and chord devices coming out one after another.
I think it might be part of the master plan, less features accessible in Reason itself and only accessible via paid Rack Extensions. Kinda like how I waited years for curved automation in the sequencer then they give us Synchronous.

Not having notes to track is very restrictive, even with a cool device like this it would be much better to edit it in the sequencer after the sequence is set up.

gullum

19 Feb 2015

Jagwah wrote: Not having notes to track is very restrictive, even with a cool device like this it would be much better to edit it in the sequencer after the sequence is set up.
+1 devices like this should work in a way like the Dr.Rex make a sequence, setup a loop where you want in it your song, then press note to track. Now it's just as easy for me to do a sequence 4 bars or what ever in the midi sequencer, then just copy past.

electrofux

19 Feb 2015

Goan wrote:Is it remotable? I'd love to build a more streamlined version of this:
Also my most burning question. I doubt it though, 16x32 steps means 512 remotables - possible though.

boobytrap

19 Feb 2015

another interesting device !
Reason 8 + Rack Extensions

FL Studio - Bitwig - Renoise - Massive - Zebra2 - Hive - Cyclop - Ozone 6

gullum

19 Feb 2015

Goan wrote:Is it remotable? I'd love to build a more streamlined version of this:
here are the remote options so no sequence mapping at all

Code: Select all

//______________________________Quadelectra Audioworx System9____________________________
Scope  Quadelectra Audioworx  com.quadelectra.System9
//  Control Surface Item  Key  Remotable Item  Scale  Mode
//Map  _control_  Song Pattern Selection
//Map  _control_  Resync On Pattern Change
//Map  _control_  Pattern Source
//Map  _control_  Sequencer Mode
//Map  _control_  Trigger #1: Mute
//Map  _control_  Trigger #1: Solo
//Map  _control_  Trigger #2: Mute
//Map  _control_  Trigger #2: Solo
//Map  _control_  Trigger #3: Mute
//Map  _control_  Trigger #3: Solo
//Map  _control_  Trigger #4: Mute
//Map  _control_  Trigger #4: Solo
//Map  _control_  Trigger #5: Mute
//Map  _control_  Trigger #5: Solo
//Map  _control_  Trigger #6: Mute
//Map  _control_  Trigger #6: Solo
//Map  _control_  Trigger #7: Mute
//Map  _control_  Trigger #7: Solo
//Map  _control_  Trigger #8: Mute
//Map  _control_  Trigger #8: Solo
//Map  _control_  Trigger #9: Mute
//Map  _control_  Trigger #9: Solo
//Map  _control_  Trigger #10: Mute
//Map  _control_  Trigger #10: Solo
//Map  _control_  Trigger #11: Mute
//Map  _control_  Trigger #11: Solo
//Map  _control_  Trigger #12: Mute
//Map  _control_  Trigger #12: Solo
//Map  _control_  Trigger #13: Mute
//Map  _control_  Trigger #13: Solo
//Map  _control_  Trigger #14: Mute
//Map  _control_  Trigger #14: Solo
//Map  _control_  Trigger #15: Mute
//Map  _control_  Trigger #15: Solo
//Map  _control_  Trigger #16: Mute
//Map  _control_  Trigger #16: Solo
//Map  _control_  Start / Stop
//Map  _control_  Shuffle
//Map  _control_  Random (Humanize)
//Map  _control_  Drum Hits: Master Level
//Map  _control_  Drum Hits: Strong Hit Level
//Map  _control_  Drum Hits: Weak Hit Level
//Map  _control_  Param #1: Bipolar Enable
//Map  _control_  Param #2: Bipolar Enable
//Map  _control_  Param #3: Bipolar Enable
//Map  _control_  Param #4: Bipolar Enable
//Map  _control_  Param #1: Scaling Amount
//Map  _control_  Param #2: Scaling Amount
//Map  _control_  Param #3: Scaling Amount
//Map  _control_  Param #4: Scaling Amount
//Map  _control_  Select Previous Patch
//Map  _control_  Select Next Patch

Goan

19 Feb 2015

gullum wrote:
here are the remote options so no sequence mapping at all
Thats what i thought. Makes this device kinda useless for me, i mean where is the advantage over using the normal sequencer? If this would be remotable we coud build badass lemur templates. Sure there would be hundreds or even thousands of remote items, but that's no excuse :) Except the possible amount of remotables is limited. Is it?
Goan doesn't do Goa, he likes samples, weirdness, beats
Tools of choice: Reason, iPad, MicroBrute
Listen: http://adamagon.bandcamp.com/album/the- ... e-remix-ep

mayzon

19 Feb 2015

Jagwah wrote: Not having notes to track is very restrictive, even with a cool device like this it would be much better to edit it in the sequencer after the sequence is set up.
gullum wrote:
+1 devices like this should work in a way like the Dr.Rex make a sequence, setup a loop where you want in it your song, then press note to track. Now it's just as easy for me to do a sequence 4 bars or what ever in the midi sequencer, then just copy past.
Yes and yes, totally agree.

eusti

19 Feb 2015

DOKTOR242 wrote:It just looks like any piece of shit they drop ,everyone wows it .........
Pathetic 
Who is the "they" you are referring to?

D.

electrofux

19 Feb 2015

Sigh, another non remotable sequencer. I really hope OchenK releases his one even if there is no note to track. I am even considering doing it myself if no one does it.
I mean, look at the Push sequencer which works on an 8x8 matrix but can create Patterns of many bars length and even do parameter locks or quickly double a pattern (so usefull).
For mouse clicking this looks like a well thought out thing and it definitly adds to the rack compared to the other options.
But in the days of cheap launchpads and Lemur et al it is sadly lacking remotability options. Is it really a problem adding a remote item to each step?

frog974new

19 Feb 2015

really 50$ !! damn
the device seems cool but that price , .. :frown:

just saying , there's so many tools devices with cool features and all are aboves 20-30$ or less
Matrix and thor , those stock device still a great alternative ^^

tiker01

19 Feb 2015

electrofux wrote: Sigh, another non remotable sequencer. I really hope OchenK releases his one even if there is no note to track. I am even considering doing it myself if no one does it. I mean, look at the Push sequencer which works on an 8x8 matrix but can create Patterns of many bars length and even do parameter locks or quickly double a pattern (so usefull). For mouse clicking this looks like a well thought out thing and it definitly adds to the rack compared to the other options. But in the days of cheap launchpads and Lemur et al it is sadly lacking remotability options. Is it really a problem adding a remote item to each step?
Maybe it is not to late to ask the DEV to make them remotable.

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

pjeudy

21 Feb 2015

Quadelectra should have combined System 9 sequencer with both of there jacbox devices!
My opinion is that Propellerhead REASON needs a complete rewrite!
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

O1B

21 Feb 2015

The Running lights area at the top of the StepSeq Area don't seem to run at all.  It makes it a challenge - no, learning experience - to figure out which 'step' I'm on or which step to activate/de-activate.

Nice Reason workarounds implemented, btw.  Maybe a randomize steps f(x) per lane/pattern...

i agree with the consensus so far: pH really should PUSH this.

platzangst

22 Feb 2015

For me, this is worth it just to be able to control a Kong or OchenK's EDS06 from one relatively compact device. Now, I certainly have my own wish list for additional features, but they don't seem to be echoed in this thread.

Myself, I'd like to see a step-sequencer very much like this, only with independently-adjustable channels. That is, one could set Trigger 1's lane to 16 steps, but Trigger 2 to 24 or 32 or whatever steps, and even set a different rate for each trigger. (A greater number of steps past 32 would also be nice...)

frog974new

22 Feb 2015

platzangst wrote:For me, this is worth it just to be able to control a Kong or OchenK's EDS06 from one relatively compact device. Now, I certainly have my own wish list for additional features, but they don't seem to be echoed in this thread.

Myself, I'd like to see a step-sequencer very much like this, only with independently-adjustable channels. That is, one could set Trigger 1's lane to 16 steps, but Trigger 2 to 24 or 32 or whatever steps, and even set a different rate for each trigger. (A greater number of steps past 32 would also be nice...)
other need to improve .
- the sole bouton trigger , only work for one trigger at the same time :frown:
- browsing or selecting a pattern , not really friendly use like a redrum or pattern mattrix
- short key not working , Ctrl+x ,Ctrll+C , Ctrl+V ..need to scroll the function command 
- the bouton run/stop , its working like the redrum but there's no Led ( automation ) active the pattern
- only 16 pattern
- no led to follow the step on the time
- no Cv trigger input
- no automation on the rate

cool feature
the gruid scaling by the rate we choice on each step
the random ( addind a flare bouton 'll be fine )
cpu usage / dsp .. we can stack this Re without be afraid to crash reason ^^
all in

This Re a Mix between the step sequenceur thor and redrum / pattern matrix but in fact they need to improve again their Re if they target to sell it at 50$ . most of features ou basic function can made with all stock devices

electrofux

22 Feb 2015

electrofux wrote: Sigh, another non remotable sequencer. I really hope OchenK releases his one even if there is no note to track. I am even considering doing it myself if no one does it. I mean, look at the Push sequencer which works on an 8x8 matrix but can create Patterns of many bars length and even do parameter locks or quickly double a pattern (so usefull). For mouse clicking this looks like a well thought out thing and it definitly adds to the rack compared to the other options. But in the days of cheap launchpads and Lemur et al it is sadly lacking remotability options. Is it really a problem adding a remote item to each step?
tiker01 wrote:
Maybe it is not to late to ask the DEV to make them remotable.
I assume, in order to provide 16 patterns the remote side of things may not be possible. Probably every step in the 16 patterns would have its own remote item. At least thats what i come across alot when i talk with devs.

• Information