RE permanent removal (even if I paid money for them).

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Parameter

17 Feb 2015

Hi guys,

Probably like everyone I have devices that I know for sure I will not use in the future. After each synchronization they reappear in authorizer and tool panels.

I have to delete them every time (from the authorizer window). At the same time I believe there must be a way to permanently say byee to them.

If you know, please and welcome to share

platzangst

17 Feb 2015

1) Find their locations on your hard drive and delete their folders;

2) Never sync your account ever again.

That's the only way. Since they are linked to your Propellerhead account, every time you sync they'll be back. You would have to convince PH to delete them entirely from your account, somehow, to permanently delete them, and then what if you ever did want them back?

pushedbutton

17 Feb 2015

It's probably not impossible for them to add an option to ignore the device bit you never know when having it comes in handy. They'd have to implement it server side. It's in their interest to know who'd trial'ed the software so they know whether you can have a trial or not, but as they're Swedish they probably don't come across many people who buy things they don't want. They're quite a sensible race and sometimes need reminding that no matter how foolproof they make a system a more sophisticated fool is always in development.
@pushedbutton on twitter, add me, send me a message, but don't try to sell me stuff cos I'm skint.
Using Reason since version 3 and still never finished a song.

joeyluck

17 Feb 2015

If you're lucky and you don't use other REs by that developer, you can just minimize that developer in the tool window or browser.

Parameter

17 Feb 2015

joeyluck wrote:If you're lucky and you don't use other REs by that developer, you can just minimize that developer in the tool window or browser.
Great idea, my case.

Ostermilk

20 Feb 2015

I think a simple checkbox to ignore a Sync request on the device on the account page is something lacking currently.

I'm sure all of us have got some freebies that just take up menu space in Reason when they are downloaded as well as some paid ones that may no longer be used.

That way you wouldn't lose anything in your account but it would save time not to have to keep re-downloading devices that you don't currently want in the Rack.

Parameter

02 Apr 2015

Ostermilk wrote:I think a simple checkbox to ignore a Sync request on the device on the account page is something lacking currently.

I'm sure all of us have got some freebies that just take up menu space in Reason when they are downloaded as well as some paid ones that may no longer be used.

That way you wouldn't lose anything in your account but it would save time not to have to keep re-downloading devices that you don't currently want in the Rack.
Best implementation idea so far. Simple checkbox. Just one column more...

MDTerps2015

02 Apr 2015

I synced yesterday and every rack extension i ever tried and didnt buy showed up in my authorizer. I have been playing games on whether or not to get the last kuassa  eq. So i hit sync to get it back, then delete it to get rid of it. The i will sync again to get it back....... my point is every rack extension i have tried in the last month and one i have deleted showed back up. 
150 paid RExtensions and still no Grammy

• Information