Shape is in the shop!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
X1Lo

13 Feb 2015

Absolutely impressive! This is the first time I can honestly say I have looked at a cv device and said: omg I have to have this!
"As I stare into the digital abyss, I will remember when the world was real."

tiker01

13 Feb 2015

joeyluck wrote:The capture function is everything I wanted with Skope.

And now, Shape can serve CV scope needs as well.
That is why I think Skope should be thrown in the bundle for free as JP does it with Titus.

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

Faastwalker

13 Feb 2015

joeyluck wrote:The capture function is everything I wanted with Skope.

And now, Shape can serve CV scope needs as well.
tiker01 wrote:
That is why I think Skope should be thrown in the bundle for free as JP does it with Titus.
I haven't actually bought Scope yet, despite being a CV junkie & recognizing how completely useful & essential it would be. I'm still running an old beta of the Chronologists oscilloscope RE (which is awesome but never got released). That bundle would probably sell it for me even though I didn't feel Korde was really worth the money. Shape is much more appealing & cheaper than Korde. But $99 for Korde, Shape + Scope would be a no brainer.

jfrichards

13 Feb 2015

There is a very weird advertisement for Shape on the Props Twitter feed.  They say if you are a waveform snob looking for the perfect LFO, Shape is for you.  I watched the Lectric Panda video on Shape, and that is the last thing I would say about it.  It seems to me that if you want the latest, most advanced synth sounds, like twisting dance patterns, huge morphing dub drops, pounding hoover rhythms, swaying arpeggios, offbeat logarithmic spike accents, thrilling space warbles, etc, then Shape is for you.  Just such a weird narrow thing to say for such a versatile synth tweaker.

CharlyCharlzz

13 Feb 2015

Crazy visual on the right side ! top looking RE
It does not die , it multiplies !

7.101 and I will upgrade maybe this summer .

ionly

13 Feb 2015

A cardiograph for aural infarction.

"...over 9000 preset waveform patches"

Gulp.

I am deeply concerned about this purchase - what remains of my outdoor existence is in great peril

Tincture

14 Feb 2015

I just watched the video. Wow, this thing really is well thought out and impressive! Just one thing I couldn't pick up from the video (prob just me being dumb)... Can the 5 waveforms (colours) be drawn to have their own independent waveforms (like the 3 diff. colours for Synchronous)? Or, are they all the same, just with the ability to offset/lag etc?

jfrichards

14 Feb 2015

This is WAY too much fun...

http://phead.mu/s/FVK3qS9D

(sending one Shape into a Subtractor and a Malstrom in a combinator)

Attachments
shape_back.png
shape_back.png (1.27 MiB) Viewed 2614 times

Leighbeater

14 Feb 2015

messing with this has allowed me to appreciate and know Synchronous more i have to say

just worked out Synchronous is pretty cool as well

rcbuse
RE Developer

14 Feb 2015

jfrichards wrote:This is WAY too much fun...

http://phead.mu/s/FVK3qS9D

(sending one Shape into a Subtractor and a Malstrom in a combinator)
Thats fantastic!

jfrichards

14 Feb 2015

rcbuse wrote:...
Thats fantastic!
Thanks.  Damned robots are talking about some jerk at work named Michael Headway during a Hank Shocklee set.

R8.1 file attached

Attachments
Michael_Headway_hahaha_c'mon_that's_right_Michael_Headway.reason.zip
(113.65 KiB) Downloaded 93 times

ahs

14 Feb 2015

can shape output to a moog sub 37 via midi ?

ahs

14 Feb 2015

i think shape can't be topped from PH's
i expected such professional RE from PH but they don't make such !

selig
RE Developer

14 Feb 2015

ahs wrote:can shape output to a moog sub 37 via midi ?
Of course!
:)
Selig Audio, LLC

selig
RE Developer

14 Feb 2015

ahs wrote:i think shape can't be topped from PH's
i expected such professional RE from PH but they don't make such !
I find Shape and Syncronous to be similar but complimentary to each other. Each can do things the other cannot, making it impossible for me to choose my preference (I'll take both please), and certainly wouldn't call either one more or less professional than the other (not that I'm sure what that term means, since an RE can't be paid for the work they do!). ;)
Selig Audio, LLC

ahs

14 Feb 2015

my sub 37 arrived today and i am looking for a howto use my reason for the sub 37 using shape !

selig
RE Developer

14 Feb 2015

One suggestion - I just realized there are different types of outputs on the back, but the low contrast labeling and the "batman villain" angles make it very difficult to read for me. Seems like black lettering would be far more legible?
Selig Audio, LLC

ahs

14 Feb 2015

what ???

jfrichards

14 Feb 2015

Zac Scott wrote:...Can the 5 waveforms (colours) be drawn to have their own independent waveforms (like the 3 diff. colours for Synchronous)? Or, are they all the same, just with the ability to offset/lag etc?
There are not 5 waveforms, only one.  The five colors show what is being output through the five colored banks on the back.  Each bank has four normal outs and four inverted outs, with the outer two being bipolar, so depending where the colored triangle pointer is on the front, that is the value going to the outs of that color.  You can change the spacing and the speed of the pointers

ahs

14 Feb 2015

i am not an english native speaking person. i mean that panda give us very very good re's !

jfrichards

14 Feb 2015

Question for the technical maniacs:  If you use Shape to capture the CV waveform produced using Peff's audio-to-CV device when playing a guitar, can you then use the captured waveform and the triggering input on Shape to play a sound on a synth that will have that exact same envelope as the guitar?

jfrichards

14 Feb 2015

Here is a combinator using Shape for the above song.  It's also fun to change the Subtractor to polyphonic and play chords.

Attachments
Shape_Mal_Sub.cmb.zip
(3.72 KiB) Downloaded 92 times

kloeckno

14 Feb 2015

jfrichards wrote:Question for the technical maniacs:  If you use Shape to capture the CV waveform produced using Peff's audio-to-CV device when playing a guitar, can you then use the captured waveform and the triggering input on Shape to play a sound on a synth that will have that exact same envelope as the guitar?
It should work. Using an envelope follower, like the one on Pulveriser, may work better. I'd try that first. Just set the attack and release settings as low as possible and be sure the volume going into the Pulveriser is fairly loud. As long as Shape can capture at a fast enough rate it should capture the amplitude very accurately!

Just keep in mind that the amplitude envelope changes a lot on stringed instruments when you increase or decrease the pitch. The sustain is lower the higher the pitch rises, so that is something you can add to the synth programming if you want it to be realistic. If you're just making a cool synth sound however, that is probably not that important.

ahs

14 Feb 2015

@selig

can u pls explain

selig
RE Developer

14 Feb 2015

ahs wrote:@selig

can u pls explain
Do you mean can I explain how to convert CV to MIDI? Use the EMI's Assignable CV Input!
Do you need more info than that?
Selig Audio, LLC

• Information