Authorizer 2.7.2 Released...

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Theo.M

10 Feb 2015

michael.jaye wrote:Theo/Exo,

I'm in Australia and having problems as described above. Never really had major issues with Authorizer until now, very frustrating. 
well this may mean there is a problem with their servers and maybe they need to set up a local aussie one for their aussie customers. TBH I don't have any issues with elicenser, ilok, NI, Arturia, XLN audio, anything else that uses internet authorisation actually.. so not sure what to make of this and why Australia would be affected.

Not being able to use something I paid for on a daily basis for a varying period due to the authorisation has made me stop using Reason for now.. will not be around here much in the next few weeks and am using logic again. I think it's only fair that my 4k+ investment is usable at my command when I need it, no?

Jagwah

10 Feb 2015

michael.jaye wrote:For what it's worth I'm on OSX 10.10.2

Does anyone know roughly what the waiting time for a response from Prop's support is?
Probably prioritized by importance of the problem, let them know others are experiencing it.

Jagwah

10 Feb 2015

Theo.M wrote:I think it's only fair that my 4k+ investment is usable at my command when I need it, no?
 I am not having any problems but if I couldn't log in for a whole day I would go crazy.

Theo.M

10 Feb 2015

I thought this was funny as Murphy's law is just so real! I launched Reason just now and surprisingly had the update license message again.. i must have had another beta or demo expire.. or perhaps there has been an RE update.. any way.. I said, "ok i am going to get proof this time", launched quicktime, started recording.. and what do you know, it updated, first time, in about 30 seconds.. LOL! I mean can you believe that? This is the first time it has worked the first time in months. Literally. The one time I go to record. I am sure it was an anomaly, but I hope not.. the time is 7am here so 9pm Stockholm, will keep an eye on times in future when i have problems and when the authoriser is slow. Anyway i plan to buy the cheap new chorus RE soon so will film it again then, but yeah, just had to share, wouldn't you know it, the irony!

JoshuaPhilgarlic

10 Feb 2015

plaamook wrote:Ok, so I've updated the Authorizer and now I can't start Reason.

Every time I try I get...

"Reason needs to install a system extension for the Ignition Key hardware.
This will take a few moments and requires that you provide your Administrator password. After the installation, you will be asked to restart your computer."

So I click ok, it does its thing, it restarts. But this happens every time I start Reason.

This is kind of an emergency so any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
motuscott wrote: Checking in to say the same thing.
Can't start Reason
Reason 7.1.1
Mac OS10.8.5
MBPro

I suggest not installing the authorizer update.
Agree. Same setup, same message, same behaviour. I'm extremely pissed ATM, especially 'cause I spend some days at my parents without having my backup drive available for a downgrade :x .

Theo.M

10 Feb 2015

plaamook wrote:Ok, so I've updated the Authorizer and now I can't start Reason.

Every time I try I get...

"Reason needs to install a system extension for the Ignition Key hardware.
This will take a few moments and requires that you provide your Administrator password. After the installation, you will be asked to restart your computer."

So I click ok, it does its thing, it restarts. But this happens every time I start Reason.

This is kind of an emergency so any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
motuscott wrote: Checking in to say the same thing.
Can't start Reason
Reason 7.1.1
Mac OS10.8.5
MBPro

I suggest not installing the authorizer update.
JoshuaPhilgarlic wrote: Agree. Same setup, same message, same behaviour. I'm extremely pissed ATM, especially 'cause I spend some days at my parents without having my backup drive available for a downgrade :x .
Man that's terrible! Thankfully with R8/mavericks that definitely didn't happen, but they should have tested it thoroughly for older OS and Reason versions. Something like that, hosing all your use of the program, is just not on.

This copy protection they have employed is an out right nuisance.

Even ilok would have been better, as it works 99.9999999% of the time.

Hope you get it sorted Josh and others who are suffering from this. Reading about authoriser problems is really starting to get my goat up. That's the most basic fundamental thing that HAS to work and be reliable, in order for use to use Reason!

JoshuaPhilgarlic

10 Feb 2015

Theo.M wrote:Hope you get it sorted Josh and others who are suffering from this. Reading about authoriser problems is really starting to get my goat up. That's the most basic fundamental thing that HAS to work and be reliable, in order for use to use Reason!
Well, I'm pretty sure I get it to run when I return back to my backup drive on friday ;) . BTW Reason itself worked fine - until I installed an RE trial an hour ago :bawl: .

Jagwah

10 Feb 2015

I would become like a caveman and hit random people on the head with a big stick.

deankay

11 Feb 2015

I'm having the same issues and have the same specs.
Just to let people know

deankay

11 Feb 2015

This response from Propellerhead helped me

"Sounds like you have a problem with the installation of the CodeMeter drivers. I'd imagine you're running wrong version.I'd recommend that a first step would be to delete the CodeMeter app/folder from Applications by drag and drop it to the trash. Empty the trash and restart your computer. Then launch Reason and have Reason install the proper version. You may gonna need to restart your machine after installation."

JoshuaPhilgarlic

11 Feb 2015

deankay wrote: This response from Propellerhead helped me

"Sounds like you have a problem with the installation of the CodeMeter drivers. I'd imagine you're running wrong version.I'd recommend that a first step would be to delete the CodeMeter app/folder from Applications by drag and drop it to the trash. Empty the trash and restart your computer. Then launch Reason and have Reason install the proper version. You may gonna need to restart your machine after installation."
Yep, got the same response and everything is healthy again :) !

michael.jaye

11 Feb 2015

Yep, I recieved a similar message and it's all fixed now.

JoshuaPhilgarlic

18 Feb 2015

Damn, after installing another RE trial the same shit happened again :x . Do I need to perform all this rubbish every time now I try a new RE??

• Information