Rob Papen's Predator RE gets an update !

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Emian

01 Feb 2015

a Quote from Rob on his Facebook-page :
"Working on Predator 1.6.5 which is a small update...before we start working on 2.0
Predator was the born from the idea of having a synthesizer with all major features visual all the time. This is the upper section of Predator. It is perfect to teach subtractive synthesis as well and used allot in my Book/DVD.
Predator has many features, but missed one dearly which we did added now in this soon to be released update.
Note...also added to Predator-RE of course!
"Unison stereo spread' which you can find in the play mode soon"

"before we start working on 2.0" sounds even more exciting, since i really love PredatorRE :)

Cheers guys !

"i might be established, but i'll never be establishement "
- Dave Clarke -www.soundcloud.com/emian

Makis

01 Feb 2015

Great news. Thanks for the info.

pjeudy

01 Feb 2015

Yes he mentioned it [Stereo spread] on his PUF QUAD thread! I like Predator a lot...can't wait for this to arrive..2.0 I MEAN  :)
My opinion is that Propellerhead REASON needs a complete rewrite!
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

craven

01 Feb 2015

wow, this is good news! Hopefully not a paid update for 2.0 :)
:ugeek:

EnochLight

01 Feb 2015

craven wrote:wow, this is good news! Hopefully not a paid update for 2.0 :)
Hah!  Well of course 2.0 would be a paid upgrade.  And deservedly so, I might add.    ;)
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

mind2069

02 Feb 2015

I hope 2.0 will get some effort on the GUI like their vst do.

sycon

02 Feb 2015

Nice! I hope they add the option to use 1x "oversampling" as in the VSTi verson.

Rice

02 Feb 2015

Good news for me, this is no doubt one of my favorite synths and one that doesn't get mentioned a-lot but great great synth!

Buddaka

04 Feb 2015

Nice, can't wait to update.

Theo.M

04 Feb 2015

Cool, but I wish they'd add the missing FX.

RPSupport

04 Feb 2015

Theo.M wrote:Cool, but I wish they'd add the missing FX.
In regards to the missing FX (Tape Delay etc) there are still some limitations in the SDK that stop us from adding them.

Cheers

Richard

Emian

04 Feb 2015

RPSupport wrote: In regards to the missing FX (Tape Delay etc) there are still some limitations in the SDK that stop us from adding them. Cheers Richard

Thx for clearing that up :)

i must say i never "missed" any FX, & lately i must admit that PredatorRE is becomming a go-to synth for me. i'm curuous what version 2.0 will bring :)

Cheers !

Theo.M

04 Feb 2015

RPSupport wrote: In regards to the missing FX (Tape Delay etc) there are still some limitations in the SDK that stop us from adding them. Cheers Richard

Hi I really appreciate the official answer on this. I realise SDK discussions aren't allowed due to NDA, but I am perplexed..fascinated even.. as I honestly thought any type of effect algorithm could be done in RE format. I realise there are gui and optimisation limitations in some cases, but this is the first case of the "style of effect" not being possible. Is there any way of discussing this to a certain point without breaching NDA? If not, all cool, but understandably I am indeed curious.

RPSupport

05 Feb 2015

Theo.M wrote:

Hi I really appreciate the official answer on this. I realise SDK discussions aren't allowed due to NDA, but I am perplexed..fascinated even.. as I honestly thought any type of effect algorithm could be done in RE format. I realise there are gui and optimisation limitations in some cases, but this is the first case of the "style of effect" not being possible. Is there any way of discussing this to a certain point without breaching NDA? If not, all cool, but understandably I am indeed curious.
Hi there,

Without going into detail and talking about SDK(due to NDA) there are still some restrictions and the way some things work in VST's that still cannot be done in RE.
If this changes in the future we will of course look into it.

Sorry I can't say more than that.

Cheers

Richard

davidvilla

05 Feb 2015

Predator owner here.
So is unison stereo spread going to show up in 1.6.5 or v2?

RPSupport

05 Feb 2015

davidvilla wrote:Predator owner here.
So is unison stereo spread going to show up in 1.6.5 or v2?
1.6.5 ;)

davidvilla

05 Feb 2015

Sweet!

And thanks!

lowpryo

05 Feb 2015

ooh snap, when I trialed both Antidote and Predator, the unison spread on Antidote was what swayed my decision in their direction. if this stereo spread is as good as theirs, Predator may just have my money! has there been any word on how many voices it's going to have? just a L/R or more?

raymondh

05 Feb 2015

This sounds like an exciting update! 
The unison modes on QUAD are absolutely fantastic, so a similar addition to Predator could almost re-invent the synth!

davidvilla

06 Feb 2015

What about a GUI makeover for the RE in 2.0? It's still rather ugly (and I mean that in the nicest way possible) :)

Emian

06 Feb 2015

davidvilla wrote:What about a GUI makeover for the RE in 2.0? It's still rather ugly (and I mean that in the nicest way possible) :)

Well it sounds amazing, & thats what matters in music, no ? :)

Theo.M

06 Feb 2015

Theo.M wrote:

RPSupport wrote: Hi there, Without going into detail and talking about SDK(due to NDA) there are still some restrictions and the way some things work in VST's that still cannot be done in RE. If this changes in the future we will of course look into it. Sorry I can't say more than that. Cheers Richard
Thankyou Richard for being as forthcoming as you can.  Looking forward to SDK updates as I am sure all devs are ;)

But in the meantime REALLY looking forward to Predator 1.6.5!

I have a question i asked at kvr some time back but Jon was unable to answer it, and I see you are active in this topic, so I hope you don't mind me asking here.

On the Rob Papen website there is a bunch of predator banks for sale for a killer price from top sound developers. But one can buy the predator au/vst set OR the RE one which is strange because for presets i would have just assumed they came in all possible formats. It's not as if something using just kb would increase the download size to anything too large for example.

So my question is, I also see a vst patch to RE converter for free download. Have the RE patches to buy been converted just by using this converter anyway? i.e if i buy the vst/au format (as i also use predator in Logic/Live), could I just run the converter on the various banks and output RE patches identical to if i bought the specific RE patch set?

Links:

http://www.robpapen.com/predator-soundsets.html

or for RE:

http://www.robpapen.com/soundsets-predator-re.html

Cheers!

challism

09 Feb 2015

Any word on when this update is going to be released?

Also, isn't it kind of odd to jump from the current 1.0.11 to 1.6.5?
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

Emian

09 Feb 2015

challism wrote: Any word on when this update is going to be released?

Also, isn't it kind of odd to jump from the current 1.0.11 to 1.6.5?

i don't know when but reading the post of Rob, i'd say in the near future :)

I think the update is labelled 1.6.5 because the VST version was at later version then 1.0.11 ( RE version) ....

• Information