ReBass Narrow is in the shop!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
eusti

30 Jan 2015

Here you go:

https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/rebass-narrow/

I'm always fascinated by Numerical Sound's REs, but feel they are too slight for me at the moment...
Maybe when get better at hearing and appreciating the subtle differences...

D.

eusti

30 Jan 2015

Maybe I just missed it the first time... Is this an update maybe?

D.

lowpryo

30 Jan 2015

I'm really not impressed by the audio examples there. the extra "bass" it's adding just feels kinda muddy and unrefined. I think in most cases it'd be way better to just add a separate sub, rather than trying to "boost" bass that isn't actually there.

pjeudy

30 Jan 2015

it says released 1-30-2015  today...I don't think this dev get lots of Love from REASON users.Maybe why no major response.
My opinion is that Propellerhead REASON needs a complete rewrite!
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

eusti

30 Jan 2015

pjeudy wrote:it says released 1-30-2015  today...I don't think this dev get lots of Love from REASON users.Maybe why no major response.
I know, people's reactions on the forum have always been underwhelming... I like what the REs do, but feel I'm not good enough that they'd make that much of a difference to me to warrant that expense at this time. :P

D.

Faastwalker

30 Jan 2015

Never really understood any of these devices from this developer. I'm confused by the audio examples because I'm not really clear what I'm listening to i.e. what the RE is doing in relation to the unprocessed audio. I suppose I'm mildly interested in this one because it deals with the bass range, which is something I struggle with in a mix. Anything that can help in this area grabs my attention. But $69 for an RE when I don't really appreciate what it's doing & that has a GUI that looks like it was knocked up in Microsoft Paint during a tea break? It's a very hard sell to me.

electrochoc (PRX-A)

30 Jan 2015

pjeudy wrote:it says released 1-30-2015  today...I don't think this dev get lots of Love from REASON users.Maybe why no major response.
eusti wrote:
I know, people's reactions on the forum have always been underwhelming... I like what the REs do, but feel I'm not good enough that they'd make that much of a difference to me to warrant that expense at this time. :P

D.
I can confirm you this is an update of a previously released RE. The release dates on the Propellerhead shop always show the release date of the last version of a RE, not its initial release date.

I feel too my hears are not trained enough to appreciate most of Numerical Sound's REs. This is why the first Numerical Sound RE I might eventually get will probably be Tone Mutation Vocals, which is the most "creative effect" and obvious-sounding of their REs! I have an eye on both RiVerb too, but I'll unlikely get them anytime soon.

Numerical Sound has released ten devices despite the reaction on the forums. They have their fans/customers, and those are not necessarily the loud crowd of the Reason forums...
This comment is provided courtesy of PRX-A!

tumar

31 Jan 2015

lowprio wrote:I'm really not impressed by the audio examples there. the extra "bass" it's adding just feels kinda muddy and unrefined. I think in most cases it'd be way better to just add a separate sub, rather than trying to "boost" bass that isn't actually there.
Audio examples are awfull. I'm very sceptic about that RE. Look at plugins market, it's very hard to make proper bass enhancer. This market is reserved for good audio developers with good skils and history behind: Waves, PSP, BBE, Noveltec etc.

normen

31 Jan 2015

tumar wrote:Audio examples are awfull. I'm very sceptic about that RE. Look at plugins market, it's very hard to make proper bass enhancer. This market is reserved for good audio developers with good skils and history behind: Waves, PSP, BBE, Noveltec etc.
Hehe.. These guys have been around for a LONG time. They are the ones who basically invented the basis for REX.. Their samples and impulses are heard on lots of Hollywood soundtracks.. So.. ;)

tumar

01 Feb 2015

normen wrote: Hehe.. These guys have been around for a LONG time. They are the ones who basically invented the basis for REX.. Their samples and impulses are heard on lots of Hollywood soundtracks.. So.. ;)
Cool story, cry me a river ;) Samples and coding are two different worlds. If they're so good why those RE are so bad?

normen

01 Feb 2015

tumar wrote:Cool story, cry me a river ;) Samples and coding are two different worlds. If they're so good why those RE are so bad?
Cry me a river.. Don't know what that's supposed to mean. Anyway, these REs clearly state what they do and the techniques they implement are used by many professional studios and base on a lot of research.. The quality of the convolution is out of question and they supply dedicated impulses up to 192kHz, I don't concur at all that they are "bad". Maybe you don't need them or don't hear what they do, maybe they are too specific for your purposes but they certainly are not "bad".

tumar

02 Feb 2015

Maybe, but I'm not alone. ReBass Wide in shop: 2/5 stars. ReBass Narrow: 3/5 stars.

Theo.M

03 Feb 2015

tumar wrote:Maybe, but I'm not alone. ReBass Wide in shop: 2/5 stars. ReBass Narrow: 3/5 stars.
you are not alone. I fell that their EQ convolution plugins are pointless. Their special fx and reverb stuff is ok but even so are wrapped in a featureless impulse player and very overpriced.

• Information