Probably a NEW RE from JiggeryPokery

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Despondo
Competition Winner

05 Feb 2015

joeyluck

05 Feb 2015

Also, great to see thunder tubes!  Was thinking of offering up samples of mine, but maybe I don't have to now :)

JoshuaPhilgarlic

05 Feb 2015

Wow, this thing is awesome :D !!

BTW, did you notice the occasionally appearing pineapples? Hint for a contest maybe?? I found 9 so far, what did I win :s0230: ???

pushedbutton

05 Feb 2015

I'm glad to finally see someone give the Kazoo the respect it deserves. :)
Sounds like an awesome resource.
@pushedbutton on twitter, add me, send me a message, but don't try to sell me stuff cos I'm skint.
Using Reason since version 3 and still never finished a song.

Rice

05 Feb 2015

joeyluck wrote:Cool! I'm curious to hear about the capturing process... Do you own all these instruments or did you borrow them to sample?
I'm curious also...sounds like a lot of effort

Despondo
Competition Winner

05 Feb 2015

JoshuaPhilgarlic wrote:Wow, this thing is awesome :D !!

BTW, did you notice the occasionally appearing pineapples? Hint for a contest maybe?? I found 9 so far, what did I win :s0230: ???
THIS:
Attachments
Pineapple.JPG
Pineapple.JPG (176.64 KiB) Viewed 3316 times

JoshuaPhilgarlic

05 Feb 2015

Sorry for complaining even before this thing is available, but why are the envelope controls so small when there's a lot of space wasted in top of it ;) ???

Attachments
Bildschirmfoto_2015-02-05_um_23.39.09.png
Bildschirmfoto_2015-02-05_um_23.39.09.png (38.46 KiB) Viewed 3319 times

ebop

05 Feb 2015

Nice, I'm getting this for sure.

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

05 Feb 2015

JoshuaPhilgarlic wrote:Sorry for complaining even before this thing is available, but why are the envelope controls so small when there's a lot of space wasted in top of it ;) ???

It's a fair question, and I do expect certain aspects to be a bit divisive (it wouldn't be a Rack Extension if everyone liked everything ;) ) .

My reasoning here is that because it's largely percussive instruments, so very short hits, there isn't really a great deal one can do with shaping here, but during my initial prototyping back in November it felt wrong not to include them at all. So since I wanted to keep everything aligned within the strips, I devised these short throw switch-style faders that fit quit nicely. I actually think they're quite cute! The important controls in that section are really the three prominent buttons.

tiker01

05 Feb 2015

Maybe a silly idea but is that possible for developers to create bundles together maybe with a special refill added?

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

05 Feb 2015

joeyluck wrote:Cool! I'm curious to hear about the capturing process... Do you own all these instruments or did you borrow them to sample?
Rice wrote: I'm curious also...sounds like a lot of effort

All non-"Household" instruments were purchased for this project. There are nearly 3,500 brand new, hand-shaken and hand-edited samples, all recorded at 96/24 on a matched pair of Rode N1 mics. The samples are largely normalised to -12dB. Other than that I chose to leave them unfiltered, so you will normally need a high-pass, either the built in one or external. It seems to me preferable to allow you to decide how much filtering you need as required, rather than artificially limiting the frequency range. The product itself is 44.1/16, as unlike ReFills, compression is only available at this rate, and the size, last I looked, was around 560MB.

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

05 Feb 2015

tiker01 wrote:Maybe a silly idea but is that possible for developers to create bundles together maybe with a special ReFill added?
I would have LOVED to have done this!

I've not actually asked but I doubt the shop currently supports RE/ReFill bundles. It's hard enough to get RE/RE bundles ;)

IDT is cool, but there are still some advantages to ReFills, in that you have access to the samples for other sample-loading devices. Samples in IDT are handled completely differently to ReFill, which is effectively just a very posh zip file. As it stands, I don't currently have plans to release a ReFill version, but if there is a real appetite for it, I'll consider it.

I'll be upfront here, the ONLY way I could offer a ReFill version to someone for no extra charge is if that person bought the RE plus, and this is really important, that person ticked the "subscribe to this developer" box in the download page. Without that tick there is no way I can get confirmation of RE purchase. With the tick, PH can at least provide a list of purchasers, and if your name is on the list, then bingo!

AFAIK the same theory applies to any developer, incidently: if you bought a Rob Papen device and you want a crossgrade to a VST version, if they offer such a service (I don't know if they do, this is just an example!) it'd be a lot easier if you've ticked his subscription option when you purchased the RE.

joeyluck

05 Feb 2015

Rice wrote: I'm curious also...sounds like a lot of effort
JiggeryPokery wrote:

All non-"Household" instruments were purchased for this project. There are nearly 3,500 brand new, hand-shaken and hand-edited samples, all recorded at 96/24 on a matched pair of Rode N1 mics. The samples are largely normalised to -12dB. Other than that I chose to leave them unfiltered, so you will normally need a high-pass, either the built in one or external. It seems to me preferable to allow you to decide how much filtering you need as required, rather than artificially limiting the frequency range. The product itself is 44.1/16, as unlike ReFills, compression is only available at this rate, and the size, last I looked, was around 560MB.
Awesome!  Thanks for sharing :)
Interested to see what you did with the thunder drums.  I've got a couple myself and you can get a lot of cool/weird sounds from them.  Looking forward to trying this out!

Jagwah

06 Feb 2015

Really can't wait for this to hit the shop it's going to be very inspiring indeed.

We are lucky to have a developer like JP! :comp:

dconana

07 Feb 2015

Seriously cant wait for this! Im working on a song, and I think It will require usage of a few of these instruments, I'll probably get inspired and do something different to what I'm imagining, either way, soon please!

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

08 Feb 2015

One of my testers produced a couple of patches using an RE I'd not seen or even heard of before, so maybe it flew under the radar somewhat. This one is dirt simple, really cool and FREE, and is VERY useful in certain types of Republik Combinators, I've ended up doing a few patches with it myself this afternoon.

If you've also overlooked it like I did and don't have it, I highly recommend downloading it. All it does is output fixed CV values between 0 and 127. It's surprisingly useful.

https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/ ... generator/

Thanks Aftermath Audio.

WeaponizedCornflakes

10 Feb 2015

Jagwah wrote: Yargghhhhhh rock on man :s0230:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fEySsmUY-8
Off topic, but would anyone mind telling me if there is a preset somewhere in Reason (or in a RE), that has a synth sound close to what kicks in at 3:22? It is a fairly common sound so surely there is something close in the FSB, but I don't know what term to search for to find it, or even which synth would be best suited for it. And I'm not a wizard at programming my own synth sounds from scratch, so I wouldn't know where to start to recreate it. 

On topic, I love the interface of this RE. Very pretty and festive. I don't suppose there is a steel drum in there by any chance? I am AMAZED at how hard it is to find a good, or ANY steel drum patches or Refills for Reason. I have wanted a quality multi-sampled stereo steel drum patch for years and years. Please, someone make a steel drum Refill or RE. I will buy it!

Sorry, I don't mean to derail this thread. I look forward to this new RE of Jiggery's!

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

12 Feb 2015

I've long wanted to get some good steel drum samples as well.

In the meantime, here's a little track I've been working on, a little dance number. If anyone wants to remix it, it won't be on Discover ;)

You may be interested to know that this track came about directly off the back of the sidechain ducking Charlotte question that someone on PUF asked about (I forget the actual question and who asked it, but Challism kindly reposted my answer here (maybe he asked the question?!): http://www.reasontalk.com/post/charlott ... 1285866289

You can still see the same SubTractor, Charlotte and triggering RedRum in the video.

edit: I think the question was about using Charlotte as a ducker to create an off-beat bass line. By using RedRum to trigger Charlotte's gate on the beat, but Charlotte then triggering the SubTractor on release, you get a really great ducking effect and automatic off-beat bass.

Jagwah

16 Feb 2015

I'm really waiting for this one, do we know has it even been submitted to le shoppi yet?

WeaponizedCornflakes wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fEySsmUY-8
Off topic, but would anyone mind telling me if there is a preset somewhere in Reason (or in a RE), that has a synth sound close to what kicks in at 3:22?
If you made a thread and asked nicely I'm sure you will get help with it.

tiker01

19 Feb 2015

JP have you submitted it already? When is it due?

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.

Roly

19 Feb 2015

Had me at Jaw Harp. Can hardly wait for this.

tiker01

26 Feb 2015

What the pineapple is going on?

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

26 Feb 2015

Eventuallyâ„¢

Shokstar

26 Feb 2015

I like your demo track JP :)  

• Information