G8 point update to 1.2

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Olivier

22 Jan 2015

Just saw this pop up in the store:

https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/g8-dynamic-gate/
NEW IN 1.2: G8 is officially zero-latency now that an unintended single-sample delay has been removed. The lookahead display has also been made more precise to allow for better control.

:reason: V9 | i7 5930 | Motu 828 MK3 | Win 10

michal22

22 Jan 2015

Thank you. Great update.
Ableton Live Suite 10 / Reason 10 / Windows 10 / Fingers - also 10 ;)

Yonatan

22 Jan 2015

All respect to those who keep improving their REs!

motuscott

22 Jan 2015

All respect to those who keep improving their REs!

That's what I'm talking about!
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

psychasm

22 Jan 2015

gr8 stuff.thanks for the update.

Eagleizer

22 Jan 2015

Thanks for the heads up! 

Cheers :)

Theo.M

22 Jan 2015

Yay, been waiting for this.

Unfortunately my license update failed at 97% so i don't have access to any RE's on my system at present. Will hopefully be able to test the G8 update in the next few hours.

Edit, was lucky this time, it worked on third attempt.

---I realised something new today. if you don't have any trials or betas installed and have local (ie key or hard drive) auth, and the authoriser fails on an RE update, it completely removes all licenses from your authorised device.

You need to go back to your user account and authorise again, and it will attempt to update the license again then.

If you have any stuff that requires login installed, it won't hose your offline RE authorisations when the authoriser fails, and you can re attempt update by choosing to log in to your account.---

Anyway, back to gate:

FINALLY! the best gate plugin around is true zero latency, and I just tested VMG on a variety of look ahead settings with it and it works FLAWLESSLY!

This is a must have for mixing IMO! Cheers Unfiltered audio, also looking forward to the Yoko update!

ScuzzyEye

22 Jan 2015

Theo.M wrote:---I realised something new today. if you don't have any trials or betas installed and have local (ie key or hard drive) auth, and the authoriser fails on an RE update, it completely removes all licenses from your authorised device.
This is because there's not an individual license file for each device, but one file that holds all the licenses. That file is re-written with each update. If the update fails, then the file isn't complete, and can't be verified.

Theo.M

22 Jan 2015

Theo.M wrote:---I realised something new today. if you don't have any trials or betas installed and have local (ie key or hard drive) auth, and the authoriser fails on an RE update, it completely removes all licenses from your authorised device.
ScuzzyEye wrote: This is because there's not an individual license file for each device, but one file that holds all the licenses. That file is re-written with each update. If the update fails, then the file isn't complete, and can't be verified.
it's actually something i am *pleased* about, that at least if the update fails it doesn't corrupt anything but safely has the license on the server. Thanks for the explanation btw.

With the amount of problems i have getting a successful update, if they didn't have this redundancy method in place, i'd be calling props every day asking them for a replacement license! 

:s0106:

• Information