Faulty REs

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Kategra

21 Jan 2015

I think it's good to have list of Faulty RE that we can check when we consider purchasing a license to use that RE.

Uhbik-A Reverb
https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/uhbik-a/

Resets itself when using a project song with a sample rate higher than 44100 Hz.
Demonstration https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2f0fW5DhK44
DO NOT BUY unless you work at 44100 Hz.

Please add your findings.

Kategra

21 Jan 2015

reserved for future

Theo.M

21 Jan 2015

I agree Kategra - 

The only fault i Know of in any RE's i own is that the D Filter comes up under a different dev name to the DQ, which appears under the (correct) "code diggers" name. D Filter appears under laboratorialLLC - Props confirmed it was a bug and that they contacted Code diggers about it a few months back.. I am surprised Props don't have the power to even change the developer id themselves, but since Code Diggers have all but disappeared, i doubt it will be fixed.

Also, i don't own any Uhbiks but some others reported some bugs with uhbik G, but i can't quite remember what they were... I think it was related to pops and clicks of some kind.

The Uhbik A one is a big one and it's obvious now with the coming release of SDK2.1, that this had something to do with U-HE and hence why he has been quiet the past few months.. Remember they were working with him to improve the SDK? So I think all Uhbik bugs really *will* be fixed sometime soon :)
I hope so, cause Uhbik A is a truly amazing reverb on drums, a one of a kind really. And i would love to buy it!

However i do think such a big and well known bug should be featured as a disclaimer on the product info page, considering a lot of people do not even realise it if they demo the plugin at 44.1.

Thanks for the cool topic :)

Last Alternative

21 Jan 2015

Both Softube amps: When they are playing in stereo and you unplug the right cables there is a loud speaker jeopardizing 'thud' every time.
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

michal22

21 Jan 2015

AudioToCV

I wrote about it on the official forum thread.
Pops up a message that an error has occurred and the plug is silent. Reason have to restart. The error occurs every time.
Problem reported to Propellerhead.
Propellerhead confirmed the error.
It took several months, and the plug does not get updated yet.
Propellerhead still sells it in the shop.
Propellerhead written to me that they were able to make contact with the developer and I have to wait.
Unprofessional for me - dont fix for a few months a manifest error and continues to sell in their store without a warning message.
Poor contact with the developer indicates the absence of an agreement ensuring efficiency enhancements in the future.
Ableton Live Suite 10 / Reason 10 / Windows 10 / Fingers - also 10 ;)

tibah

21 Jan 2015

Kategra wrote: Resets itself when using a project song with a sample rate higher than 41000 Hz.
44.1 kHz probably? :)  

Own and love Uhbik A, but I work on 44.1, so no issues spotted so far.

Also noticed the wrong developer ID for DFilter. 

Exowildebeest

21 Jan 2015

The only fault i Know of in any RE's i own is that the D Filter comes up under a different dev name to the DQ, which appears under the (correct) "code diggers" name. D Filter appears under laboratorialLLC - Props confirmed it was a bug and that they contacted Code diggers about it a few months back.. I am surprised Props don't have the power to even change the developer id themselves, but since Code Diggers have all but disappeared, i doubt it will be fixed.
That's firmly in my "don't care" category.

I'm trying hard to think of really faulty buggy RE's but... Can't really think of anything. Oh maybe those sampled 707 RE's because of the Gate response bug, but I assume that'll be fixed soon.

Theo.M

21 Jan 2015

Exowildebeest wrote:
That's firmly in my "don't care" category.

I'm trying hard to think of really faulty buggy RE's but... Can't really think of anything. Oh maybe those sampled 707 RE's because of the Gate response bug, but I assume that'll be fixed soon.
the only reason I care is because i am dangerously close to having to scroll as my vertical laptop RE space "dev list" is just about maxxed. The less the better, the more organised the better. It all adds up. Plus, even months later, i am still going to code diggers by instinct every single time i want to insert a d filter. GRRR!

Exowildebeest

21 Jan 2015

Theo.M wrote: the only reason I care is because i am dangerously close to having to scroll as my vertical laptop RE space "dev list" is just about maxxed. The less the better, the more organised the better. It all adds up. Plus, even months later, i am still going to code diggers by instinct every single time i want to insert a d filter. GRRR!
Ah yeah I understand that.

electrochoc (PRX-A)

21 Jan 2015

Exowildebeest wrote:I'm trying hard to think of really faulty buggy RE's but... Can't really think of anything. Oh maybe those sampled 707 RE's because of the Gate response bug, but I assume that'll be fixed soon.
It's fixed! The update has been released last week for both the 707 and the 727! :)
This comment is provided courtesy of PRX-A!

Kategra

22 Jan 2015

Kategra wrote: Resets itself when using a project song with a sample rate higher than 41000 Hz.
emotica wrote:
44.1 kHz probably? :)  

Own and love Uhbik A, but I work on 44.1, so no issues spotted so far.

Also noticed the wrong developer ID for DFilter. 

It was I typo. I fixed it, thanks!

hamu

15 Feb 2015

Kategra wrote: Please add your findings.
I just sent a support mail to GForce regarding Re-Tron, which is not handling Sequencer Control CV inputs as other instruments. An instrument (if polyphonic) should add new notes arriving at the CV input, as long as the Gate input is on. This property is used by devices such as AutoTheory, AutoArp, my own Mingler and others. Re-Tron seems to be polyphonic only when played directly from Midi.

I also have an old grudge pertaining to Ochens CV Tuner, which to my experience mis-maps some specific notes under some specific conditions. E.g. if both B and C are allowed as outputs (e.g. C Major), entering (from a Matrix) a sequence of A3-B3-C4-D4 in will give the output A3-C4-B3-D4. There are other similar hickups as well. I've sent two notes to Ochen about this, first one over a year ago, but I never got any feedback... :frown:

Jagwah

15 Feb 2015

hamu wrote:I just sent a support mail to GForce regarding Re-Tron...
I wonder if you will hear back from them, I never did.

psychasm

16 Feb 2015

Kategra wrote:I think it's good to have list of Faulty RE that we can check when we consider purchasing a license to use that RE.

Uhbik-A Reverb
https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/uhbik-a/

Resets itself when using a project song with a sample rate higher than 44100 Hz.
Demonstration https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2f0fW5DhK44
DO NOT BUY unless you work at 44100 Hz.

Please add your findings.

(1) I dont know if Dragon Gate is a Faulty Re ,but when compared to the results achieved with G8( unfiltered audio ) it sounds as if it;s not doing a good job of taming the transients or behaving like a noise gate at all. But with just a few tweaks on G8 ( unfiltered audio ) I get a nice gate that does a good job also of eliminating noise.

(2) Also the knobs on the Cv suite parametrix doesnt not automate smoothly. It's  not a fault unless one expects the knobs to be turning at the same speed as is being automated and is probably how it is handling the Cv Signal and it may not be visually indicative of what actually is happening to the signal. Just thought I would point this out in case someone thinks that there was something wrong and there was not. I did note that when the wrong mode is selected ( uni-polar/bi-polar ) on the combinator and the parametrix,the automation does not affect the selected parameter.

(3) I had experienced a Problem with automating parameters on the  Janitor Cv shaper .There was quite a bit of latency happening when modulating the attack and decay parameters and would sometimes not recover in time for the next signal to pass through but that has since been adressed. I assume that was a bug which has since been fixed , as it has not happend again.

Other than that ,there is nothing major which I have picked up and the only real problem from my side is the Dragon Gate. All the the other Re's which are licensed to my account im very happy with and will point out anything again if something comes up.

hydlide

16 Feb 2015

I'll just throw this in the list:
https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/ ... converter/
I also own the Mid / Side router of Jiggery Pokery. And when I balance it out from Mid > Side (all the way to side) it still plays over left / right nicely.
However the red rock thing kind of starts to mute the left channnel when muting the mid section (volume to 0).

From some perspective I understand now "why" its doing it (since the Side channel is equal to the "Right" channel). But it should not have this behaviour at all (since what if I just want to balance out all the way to the side... that is not an option then).

Bonkhead

16 Feb 2015

4dyn comp at low threshold/below 1 ratio settings ...... blows up the whole thing.

guitfnky

18 Feb 2015

not sure if it's something anyone else has even experienced, but I am completely unable to change the Keep High/Neutral/Keep Low selector on Softube's Saturation Knob.  it's a minor issue, since I can just select one of the presets with the setting I want, and set the saturation amount, but it's still really annoying.
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

ScuzzyEye

18 Feb 2015

guitfnky wrote:not sure if it's something anyone else has even experienced, but I am completely unable to change the Keep High/Neutral/Keep Low selector on Softube's Saturation Knob.  it's a minor issue, since I can just select one of the presets with the setting I want, and set the saturation amount, but it's still really annoying.
Many people have experienced it. It's just a matter of dragging the control up and down (like turning a knob), rather than clicking (like you would with a fader), and going a bit farther than you think you need to (knobs with only 3 positions need pretty much the same mouse travel to cover the entire range, as you would with 60 positions).

guitfnky

18 Feb 2015

guitfnky wrote:not sure if it's something anyone else has even experienced, but I am completely unable to change the Keep High/Neutral/Keep Low selector on Softube's Saturation Knob.  it's a minor issue, since I can just select one of the presets with the setting I want, and set the saturation amount, but it's still really annoying.
ScuzzyEye wrote: Many people have experienced it. It's just a matter of dragging the control up and down (like turning a knob), rather than clicking (like you would with a fader), and going a bit farther than you think you need to (knobs with only 3 positions need pretty much the same mouse travel to cover the entire range, as you would with 60 positions).
ah, interesting to know that it needs more travel. I'd tried dragging (many times), but never all that far. I wonder when that changed? I could swear I remember it working as you'd expect when I first got it. I stop using it for awhile, though, so maybe I'm just misremembering. thanks for the tip though, I'll give it a shot. :)
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

Theo.M

19 Feb 2015

actually the easiest (imo) solution for that is to simply get into the habit of left clicking on the keep high, neutral or low text. it works instantly with 100% reliability.

• Information