List of Free Rack Extensions

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
AttenuationHz

09 Nov 2017

joeyluck wrote:
09 Nov 2017
AttenuationHz wrote:
09 Nov 2017

Holy balls it actually adds them to your cart too easy. :lol:
:thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

The kilohearts stuff is showing as a trial though for some reason.
I've always preferred a list, like this simple one here or the spiffy Reasonistas one mentioned previously.
The Combinator idea is not for me since I know what I have and only add what I need.
Easy to remove what you don't need only one of the free I don't have now is the Vac-6 volume analyser. There is probably a few more in there I don't need or use.
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

joeyluck

09 Nov 2017

AttenuationHz wrote:
09 Nov 2017
joeyluck wrote:
09 Nov 2017

I've always preferred a list, like this simple one here or the spiffy Reasonistas one mentioned previously.
The Combinator idea is not for me since I know what I have and only add what I need.
Easy to remove what you don't need only one of the free I don't have now is the Vac-6 volume analyser. There is probably a few more in there I don't need or use.
Well... Until they add some functionality to the 'sync all' option in user accounts (such as deselecting and leaving deselected ones you don't want to sync). Because I use that function on every work computer. There's a few I grabbed early on in the excitement of things, but have since learned to just get what I need.

AttenuationHz

09 Nov 2017

joeyluck wrote:
09 Nov 2017
AttenuationHz wrote:
09 Nov 2017

Well... Until they add some functionality to the 'sync all' option in user accounts (such as deselecting and leaving deselected ones you don't want to sync). Because I use that function on every work computer. There's a few I grabbed early on in the excitement of things, but have since learned to just get what I need.
True that, maybe in 5 years! :lol:
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

joeyluck

09 Nov 2017

AttenuationHz wrote:
09 Nov 2017
joeyluck wrote:
09 Nov 2017

Maybe sooner? I think they're noticing a need for plugin management with the recent adding of devices to favorites lists. And the VST management is almost more flexible with the ability to hide VSTs vs. having to remove them completely like we do with REs. That would be a nice feature if added to the Authorizer.

AttenuationHz

09 Nov 2017

joeyluck wrote:
09 Nov 2017
AttenuationHz wrote:
09 Nov 2017

Maybe sooner? I think they're noticing a need for plugin management with the recent adding of devices to favorites lists. And the VST management is almost more flexible with the ability to hide VSTs vs. having to remove them completely like we do with REs. That would be a nice feature if added to the Authorizer.
hopefully.....

zumBeispiel

21 Nov 2017

Nautilus Bass Synthesizer

Nautilus 1 is now a free device:

https://shop.propellerheads.se/rack-ext ... nthesizer/

Botramduuze

03 Dec 2017

Open this combinator in Reason and you will see cardboard boxes if you don't have the RE.
There are 51 free ones.

viewtopic.php?t=7499503
Musician, audio engineer, sound designer, sonic experimentalist, from ambient to industrial noise (and everything in between)

challism

05 Dec 2017

zumBeispiel wrote:
21 Nov 2017
Nautilus Bass Synthesizer

Nautilus 1 is now a free device:

https://shop.propellerheads.se/rack-ext ... nthesizer/
I just added it to the list. Thank you
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

zumBeispiel

05 Dec 2017

challism wrote:
05 Dec 2017
I just added it to the list. Thank you
Hallo Challism, you're welcome.
If you want to drop down all the 51 free REs, then you should add these too:

Normen Hansen - VMG-01 Sample Delay
https://shop.propellerheads.se/rack-ext ... ple-delay/

Rob Papen - Attention Instrument
https://shop.propellerheads.se/rack-ext ... nstrument/

Rob Papen - RPSpec Effect
https://shop.propellerheads.se/rack-ext ... ec-effect/

challism

08 Dec 2017

I'm not sure how i missed those.... thought the list was up to date. OK, thanks. It's up to date now. :)

Yikes! The Attention Instrument!!!?? Glad I only "tried" that one, instead of "buy" so it doesn't clutter up my browser.

zumBeispiel

09 Dec 2017

Thank you for creating and keeping the list up-to-date!

LABONERECORDINGS
RE Developer

15 Dec 2017

ReGain Audio Gain Assistant is also one to the list. Part of our latest Patriot Range

https://shop.propellerheads.se/rack-ext ... assistant/

Merry Christmas to you all :D

AttenuationHz

15 Dec 2017

LABONERECORDINGS wrote:
15 Dec 2017
ReGain Audio Gain Assistant is also one to the list. Part of our latest Patriot Range

https://shop.propellerheads.se/rack-ext ... assistant/

Merry Christmas to you all :D
Fair play! :thumbs_up:

Edit:
That is amazingly useful! Is it oversampling protected at 0 dB and below?

Will probably use this on every mix channel!

LABONERECORDINGS
RE Developer

16 Dec 2017

AttenuationHz wrote:
15 Dec 2017
...Is it oversampling protected at 0 dB and below?

There's no oversampling going on, as it's simply a gain control tool. If you are referring to the lag control, it's a switch between 1ms step gain change to 25ms step gain change, so you could use it in the mix on for example a chorus section a couple of dBs up then after the chorus back to the verse you can drop back down to 0dB again (classic ambush technique)

And we appreciate the kind comments, glad you like the idea and the way it works, we think it would help a lot of users who want to step their gain staging easier and precisely especially if the channel already has automation that can be a real workflow killer if you have to tweak it to relevel, or add in a bus which can get fiddly by going to the sequencer after automating the fader and then setting the buss fader level. ReGain with drag'n'drop then click to us just makes sense for speed.

AttenuationHz

16 Dec 2017

LABONERECORDINGS wrote:
16 Dec 2017
AttenuationHz wrote:
15 Dec 2017
...Is it oversampling protected at 0 dB and below?

There's no oversampling going on, as it's simply a gain control tool. If you are referring to the lag control, it's a switch between 1ms step gain change to 25ms step gain change, so you could use it in the mix on for example a chorus section a couple of dBs up then after the chorus back to the verse you can drop back down to 0dB again (classic ambush technique)

And we appreciate the kind comments, glad you like the idea and the way it works, we think it would help a lot of users who want to step their gain staging easier and precisely especially if the channel already has automation that can be a real workflow killer if you have to tweak it to relevel, or add in a bus which can get fiddly by going to the sequencer after automating the fader and then setting the buss fader level. ReGain with drag'n'drop then click to us just makes sense for speed.
Thought there is limiting going on, Without the threshold value. 0dB reads as -0.1dB. I would often use a limiter like this on the master to stop clipping I wouldn't adjust the threshold and set the ceiling to -0.1dB. I'm referring to intersample peaks when I say oversampling.

Yeah pretty cool idea alright thanks. :thumbs_up:

LABONERECORDINGS
RE Developer

17 Dec 2017

Ok not sure if we're getting you where you're seeing 0dB as -0.1dB.

Put it this way..... if you created a bus channel which is at 0dB on the fader, but your audio is reading -0.1dB before the bus, then the output stays at -0.1dB output.

ReGain works in the same fashion: if input signal is -6.5dB and you add ReGain to the chain then by default the initial setting is 0dB relational level setting, so -6.5dB in = -6.5dB out. If you set the level of ReGain to +3dB then you would see -6.5dB go up to -3.5dB (since you've added 3dB to the input), if you set ReGain to -12dB then the input of -6.5dB would output to -18.5dB. That's how ReGain works - it just increases or decreases the signal level by the amount indicated on the front panel (and back display). It's a workflow speed tool which can help quickly set exact levels where needed, especially handy if you've got a few channels automated into a bus which has further automation - instead of messing with trim controls or redoing the automation, ReGain can step in and you hit the switch to change the relational dB level without losing your automation = workflow speedup, set and forget sort of tool

AttenuationHz

19 Dec 2017

challism

22 Dec 2017

Thank you for the free gifts Lab:One and Jiggery. List has been updated. I didn't put JP's instrument in the list because it's only free until Jan 2nd.

CHEERS!

tai

30 Dec 2017

Lectric Panda Janitor CV Shaper is now free
https://shop.propellerheads.se/rack-ext ... cv-shaper/

challism

16 Jan 2018

tai wrote:
30 Dec 2017
Lectric Panda Janitor CV Shaper is now free
https://shop.propellerheads.se/rack-ext ... cv-shaper/
Thank you! It's been added to the list.

zumBeispiel

23 Jan 2018

free RE from Kilohearts AB:

kHs 3-Band EQ

https://shop.propellerheads.se/rack-ext ... 3-band-eq/

Wickline

23 Jan 2018

zumBeispiel wrote:free RE from Kilohearts AB:

kHs 3-Band EQ

Love the simplicity. Just got it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:reason: :record: :refill: :re: :PUF_take: :rebirth: :PUF_figure:

[Signature size reduced by a moderator] :puf_bigsmile:

challism

07 Feb 2018

zumBeispiel wrote:
23 Jan 2018
free RE from Kilohearts AB:

kHs 3-Band EQ

Thanks for the free RE, Kilohearts <3
Added to the list

zumBeispiel

15 May 2018

Free Player RE from Lectric Panda LLC:

CV Player Tap

https://shop.propellerheads.se/rack-ext ... layer-tap/

challism

15 May 2018

Thanks for the heads up on that. It's been added to the list. Also, a big thanks to Lectric Panda for the free Player RE. This device looks very clever! It can turn so many of my favorite devices into players. NICE!

• Information