Which developers would you still like to see developing Rack Extensions?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
tibah

20 Jan 2015

As we are going into the 3rd year of Rack Extensions, which developers you still what to see in the shop? We had plenty of new, indie developers. JiggeryPokery, Ochen K, Red Rock Sound, just to name a few that came along with some quality Rack Extensions. Some of us "dream" about memorized goodies though. ;)

You may argue that those who aren't on board already probably won't join or may need a newer SDK to finally get into it developing for the Rack Extension format. Nonetheless, these are the developers I would like to see. All of these get their annual request e-mail of course! :D

ToneBoosters - Mainly for ReelBus and Barricade, 2 of my favorite plug-ins for the stereo bus. Should also be easy to get them done in Rack Extensions, but then again, TB is a one-man-company, as far as I know.

Tone2 - Plenty of great synths, but for me it's mainly because of Saurus. Very low on CPU as well and even though I have thousands of "VA" sounds, this is one I still would like to see in my rack someday. Tone2 promotion videos are already 3d renderings (e.g. synths flying through space...), so it always seemed "easy" for them to get the UI thing going, but it's probably not that simple or they too busy with other existing formats already or can't be bothered because of other reasons (Reason in general, shop system, split income, etc.)

Last but not least and a little "off" since the developer is already on board, in a way, with 2 REs in the shop and loads of nothing after that, the Wavestation by Korg. Oh lordy, please! :)

electrochoc (PRX-A)

20 Jan 2015

I am one of those who think we won't see that many VST developers go Rack Extensions. Instead, my humble prediction is that Rack Extensions will be more a matter of indie developers who are big Reason users, like Peff, Jiggery-Pokery, Blamsoft, Ochen K. and many others, with only a few VST devs joining the party. I see that as a good thing to be honest! That kind of developers knows more about how to integrate their plug-in into the specific Reason environment and makes code directly for Reason, instead of trying to port something foreign to it that might not work as well in Reason.

It doesn't mean though that there aren't any VST devs I'd like to see making Rack Extensions! But what I'd really like is to see more unorthodox plug-ins developers in the shop, devs like Ochen K. or Love One in the Reason world, or like QuikQuak or Mark Lingk from the VST world (I dream of seeing something like Mark Lingk's TimeFreezer reach the shop!).

Those are only some VST devs I've noticed, but, being a Reason-only user, I'm not really that familiar with the VST world...
This comment is provided courtesy of PRX-A!

tiker01

20 Jan 2015

I would love to see some kind of association whom could cooperate established VST developers to produce Re using their simulations i.e. DSP code not by direct porting rather some kind of recycleing.

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

tibah

20 Jan 2015

electrochoc wrote:But what I'd really like is to see more unorthodox plug-ins developers in the shop, devs like Ochen K. or Love One in the Reason world, or like QuikQuak or Mark Lingk from the VST world (I dream of seeing something like Mark Lingk's TimeFreezer reach the shop!).
Glass Viper! :D I often forget about this beauty, never bought it in my VST days, but it left a good memory.

I might be the minority, but I like Reason for the ease of use, the look, feel and overview of the rack, the way automation is done and loads of other things, but not so much for the CV stuff. If you ask me, Matrix Curve CV and Synchronous are enough for my life-time in terms of CV! ;)

My focus is more on interesting effects and instruments, and there wasn't that much on the indie front in the shop that attracted me (not saying that there wasn't some great ones to be found). Then again, two of my favorite Rack Extensions are Neutron and DFilter! :D

I also still would like to see some wave-table / granular thing, but for some reason I think PH themselves will be the ones to release one... oh that lovely guessing! :crazy:

electrochoc (PRX-A)

20 Jan 2015

electrochoc wrote:But what I'd really like is to see more unorthodox plug-ins developers in the shop, devs like Ochen K. or Love One in the Reason world, or like QuikQuak or Mark Lingk from the VST world (I dream of seeing something like Mark Lingk's TimeFreezer reach the shop!).
emotica wrote:
Glass Viper! :D I often forget about this beauty, never bought it in my VST days, but it left a good memory.

I might be the minority, but I like Reason for the ease of use, the look, feel and overview of the rack, the way automation is done and loads of other things, but not so much for the CV stuff. If you ask me, Matrix Curve CV and Synchronous are enough for my life-time in terms of CV! ;)

My focus is more on interesting effects and instruments, and there wasn't that much on the indie front in the shop that attracted me (not saying that there wasn't some great ones to be found). Then again, two of my favorite Rack Extensions are Neutron and DFilter! :D

I also still would like to see some wave-table / granular thing, but for some reason I think PH themselves will be the ones to release one... oh that lovely guessing! :crazy:
A granular synth would be great indeed! But it won't happen until Rack Extensions can load samples, something that's not currently possible... This said, we're a couple to speculate that the Reason 8 new browser might eventually lead to the development of a new version of the RE SDK that will allow the loading of samples... If it's ever the case, we'll see plenty of new very interesting instruments! :D
This comment is provided courtesy of PRX-A!

tibah

20 Jan 2015

Yea, again "minority" here! :D

I love Malström and owned Steinberg Padshop. The latter comes in 2 version, standard and pro, while only the pro version allows for sample loading. Though, the content in the standard version was so great, I never felt the need to upgrade to pro. Same goes for Malström pretty much and the selection of grain-tables in there. Both hit a balanced spot between basics like your average wave-forms to more exotic stuff and percussions.

I believe, if one comes along with something close to these 2 synths, with a decent selection of content built-in, I would be one happy Reason user (and I believe that would be possible already now)! :D

CephaloPod

20 Jan 2015

Camel Audio.  Oh...
2011 iMac i7; 24 GB RAM; OSX Sierra; Nektar LX 49; MOTU Microbook
Reason/Logic

Namahs Amrak

21 Jan 2015

I wish Phoenix Pro was a Rack Extension :s0238: :s0225: :s0238:

Morphic Phrasing Technology is where its at. Jiggery Pokery, please develop this device.

My Words are my ART

Faastwalker

21 Jan 2015

Which developers would you still like to see developing Rack Extensions?

All of them! Would love to see more from Gforce in particular.

Namahs Amrak

21 Jan 2015

Weird. Right this minute it has 666 likes. I was at the supermarket two hours ago and the total receipt was also 666 (well, $6.66 ). What an odd coincidence. I almost took the receipt to see how many times the number appeared over a week (I have done it before, it comes in waves)

Attachments
Capture2.GIF
Capture2.GIF (32.33 KiB) Viewed 3356 times
My Words are my ART

The Tone Ranger

21 Jan 2015

I'd like to see Audio Damage do more.

Waldorf would be good too.

michal22

21 Jan 2015

Everyone.
I wish that every developer wanted to be in Props shop.
I would like to Props shop generate big revenue for them.
When Reason will have a lot of users and tax for Props will be low, then developers come themselves.
Ableton Live Suite 10 / Reason 10 / Windows 10 / Fingers - also 10 ;)

tibah

21 Jan 2015

The Tone Ranger wrote:I'd like to see Audio Damage do more.
At least one of the developers that stated he won't do anymore Rack Extensions (hello KORG! :) ), because of the troubles porting RoughRider. Basically, easier for them to keep developing plug-ins, in terms of time and financial investments.

RoughRider is free in the plug-in world, but needed extra investments to be developed as a Rack Extension. Maybe that was the problem in the first place. Pick EOS, make one of the first other reverbs ever available in Reason, including a function to freeze the reverb tail forever and algorithms by Sean Costello (the guy behind Valhalla DSP) and there you go! :D Oh well...

psychasm

21 Jan 2015

I cant say which devs of vst's i would like to see......but synapse, quadalectra,props themselves,red rock ,rob papen ,ochen k, blamsoft , dld tech, groovy melon , jp ,lectric panda , multi -d, pitch blend , sonic charge ,that music co , the chronologists ,unfiltered audio, all do a great job for me. I will continue to support them coz their products are useful to my work.

paulred67

24 Jan 2015

I'd like to see Korg and GForce back on board.
Studio One 6, Melodyne 5 Studio, Nord Stage, Roland RD-88, VR-730, Jupiter-Xm, JD-08, Arturia V Collection X, Pigments 5, Korg Collection 3, East West Cloud, Sampletank 4, Miroslav Philharmonic 2, Syntronik, Sampletron, Hammond B-3X, Blue 3, Pianoteq.

QVprod

24 Jan 2015

electrochoc wrote:I am one of those who think we won't see that many VST developers go Rack Extensions. Instead, my humble prediction is that Rack Extensions will be more a matter of indie developers who are big Reason users, like Peff, Jiggery-Pokery, Blamsoft, Ochen K. and many others, with only a few VST devs joining the party.
This^. I'd pretty much given up on hoping and waiting for well established developers to jump on board long time ago. 

As to the OP question of "who would you like to still see...", That's quite the odd question. Is there really any developer you would want to stop making RE? 

Gorilla Texas

24 Jan 2015

Can we just get one just one sample library maker on board for the IDT lol.

vectro

24 Jan 2015

D16 Group
First of all, Fazortan, Syntorus and Toraverb. Then Drumazon.

Spectrasonics
I'm not expecting Omnisphere RE but they could do at least something.

Camel Audio... well, we'll see what happened to them and upcoming Alchemy 2.

ljekio

26 Jan 2015

Who know about developer's forum?
It's finally closed or can still occur?

tibah

26 Jan 2015

I believe it's still around.

EnochLight

26 Jan 2015

I'd still like to see:
  • Sonic Charge: Permut8 and Microtonic
  • Reveal Sound: Spire
  • Xfer Records: Serum
  • U-he: Diva and Zebra2
I'm sure there's more that I'm forgetting though!   :)
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Ostermilk

26 Jan 2015

Phoenix Pro FTW.

I went to a lot of effort to provide the original guitar licks they were testing it out with on that video.

I can't believe it's been two years this April since that was announced and we still haven't got a release date yet.

Perhaps it will turn up at NAMM this year.

PadShifta

27 Jan 2015

SPIRE, SYLENTH, OMNISPHERE, DIVA and CAMEL Space would do for a start ;-) Btw...best chances are we get SPIRE- that is, of course, if y'all voted in the poll by RevealSound!! We need all the votes possible, if we want them to bring SPIRE to the Rack! So find that poll and vote for SPIRE :-) Chores, Andy

+++NEWSFLASH: We have received confirmation that SPIRE is in the works right now so I´ll check that off my list  :s0221: +++

zeebot

27 Jan 2015

I'd like to see some Brainworx plugins.
I have embraced Allihoopa. Come listen and play with my crap Figure loops here:
https://allihoopa.com/zeebot

They really are crap.

• Information