Favorite REs released in 2020?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
arqui

20 May 2021

I haven't bought any Re in the past year and I don't think I'll buy any again in the future ... I have everything I need in terms of plugins, which I do want is a better DAW.
      Reason 11 Suite, perpetual license :reason:

bidaar

21 May 2021

challism wrote:
20 May 2021
bidaar wrote:
20 May 2021
ah right thats a different set of things to do with it , what I was thinking is , for example I send a cv signal to the gate of a Synth , like from kron or Pulsar to the synth , then we would need MIDI-CV in the way to make that random CV signal Tuned into a scale . then I watched the video of the Dual CV and foundout that it does that with more control .
I've never even thought of using MIDI-CV Conv to send anything other than note/gate info from one player or instrument to another. Since it's a player, I've never considered using it as a utility tool. I have plenty of other CV utilities that would be much better for that job, I think. I don't like trying to use a wrench to hammer a nail if I already have a hammer. Dual CV Source might just be the hammer you are looking for. I'm actually looking at that a little more closely now, too. Watched the video and it seems like a pretty useful device. But I think I'm all set for this sale; not going to buy any more stuff. As I said before, there's always the next sale. I'm pretty happy with the purchases I've made, and the rest of the stuff that was already in my rack.
wow my bad man I meant CV tuner from ochen k Im retarded :-) sorry for that . I use cv tuner to tune incoming random CV signals so I thought dual cv source looks really good for doing that .

Of course it's a personal decision for you to make. I might tell you to get the hamburger not knowing you are a vegetarian. That being said, get the hamburger.

Of all the choices you mentioned, I would highly recommend Evolution. I've got everything you mentioned (except Note Limiter and Dual CV) and I use Evolution the most, without question. And it's not even the "new" device in my rack; I've had Evolution since it came out. PatMut and Algo are the new, shiny toys in my rack, but I find myself still reaching for Evolution all the time.
I can buy algoritm or Resonans and evolution ( Which Im sure Resonans sounds and evolution is a match made in heaven )
or I can go for a no synth senario. evolution and a few other players like Inspiral , Inrange etc . thats my choices .
third option subscribe to Reason+ which gives me the Algoritm and Pattern Mutator and Reason 12 and many more but only till next year and I'll buy the evolution later .
I've got just about every player in the shop, except Note Limiter, Note Monitor, MIDI Compressor, and ReTouch Control players (waiting for a bundle that may never come). Delta, Sequences, Kompulsion, Evolution, MIDI-CV Converter and AutoLatch are my most used players (Scales & Chords gets a lot of use, too - it's great for doing inversions).
I have all of your most used ones except evolution , I bought Auto Latch and Delta as you suggested and I was thinking how the hell I didnt buy Delta in the last MM .
As for Inrange and Note Limiter, I think Inrange does the same job as Note Limiter, but it's more flexible (hence the lower price of Note Limiter). So I don't think you need both of them. You could always stack instances of Inrange, if A and B aren't enough to do the job.
you are right Inrage just made me hype because the cv feature that th player acts based on another Instrument and its notes . I'll buy that another time .

This last update to Sequences pretty much blows Polystep out of the water. Sequences now has the Conditions feature, which is amazing. I am not a big fan of Polystep, especially when being compared to Sequences and its Conditions. There is still room for more features on Sequences' menu bar...

Sequences is an all rounder great overall . and the conditions is soooo useful . only thing Im missing in it is a note delay or glide in time in forward or backward for individual notes for drum sequencing .
Polystep has a pretty cool way of drawing chords. Arp and strum modes are cool, Sequences doesn't have these .
this alone makes Polystep an amazing device for experiment . I remember when I discover this it felt great I gotta go back and use it .
Reason 11 Suite l FL Studio l Leaning Ableton n Bitwig l Windows 10 64bit
Trying and Learning to be a : Hip-Hop / Trap , Electronic & Experimental Producer l Mixing Engineer

altron

22 May 2021

Sunder Amplitude Splitter! There's nothing you can do with it that you can't do better and more precise with another graphical multiband EQ and it has been an utterly pointless purchase for me but somehow I like this little critter.

Just kidding!

I'd say Sequences gets my vote as well because it's very useful for creating combinators with sequences and storing melodic ideas within a patch which you can later recall and you instantly can listen how the patch was originally intended to sound. I know I know, you could probably workaround that with a couple of Matrixes, too, but Sequences is just very slick and it inspires me.
Trap is where music goes to die.

• Information