Crapre 2

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
CharlyCharlzz

01 Apr 2016

Thank you so much for fixing my mix Mr Peff !

the one helped me a lot to improve but this one I will get when back home from my Pelrinage !
Been depressed for a few months now in a Un-real way so watching this RE in my Rack will bring joy to me :)
cheers , can't wait to get home to buy it next week .
It does not die , it multiplies !

7.101 and I will upgrade maybe this summer .

CharlyCharlzz

01 Apr 2016

LOL awesome demo :D
It does not die , it multiplies !

7.101 and I will upgrade maybe this summer .

jesuspark

02 Apr 2016

K1TTENM1TTEN wrote:Okay, so I get that everyone is excited, and rainbow dolphins is admittedly very nice. But am I the only one that is actually pretty pissed that this RE is not an update/upgrade from Crapre? Crapre, as much of a novelty and fun toy as it is, is almost completely unusable on most tracks thanks to it being constantly on, no way to adjust its wet/dry, and so on.

If Peff truly listened to all of the purchasers of the first one and made a version to accommodate those complaints, wouldn't it make sense that this would be the update we all wanted/had hoped for? Sure, $9 is pretty cheap by itself, but at $18 total (for those who bought the first) for something that should have been a free upgrade is a pretty big let down. At that price range, one could almost buy Devastator 2 when it's on sale. At the very least there could be a discount for those of us who bought the first one that was sent via email. I'd gladly pay $3 or $4, but at $9 that is just a bit of an insult.

Glad to see ya back, Peff, but not really thrilled to see the lack of customer-minded development.
This month you can get Number Two for $9 instead of $25, so you save even more.
Last edited by jesuspark on 02 Apr 2016, edited 1 time in total.
:rebirth: :recycle: :reason:

platzangst

02 Apr 2016

I can't decide whether some of this thread is the most clueless thing possible or the most cleverly disguised April Fools joke ever.

dana

02 Apr 2016

joeyluck wrote:
MarkTarlton wrote:check this y'all :)

I think this is hilarious!
This is fantastic!
Well done, that sounds really craptastic!

chimp_spanner

02 Apr 2016

This is great! Always loved version 1 but felt it was a bit wild/uncontrollable, and it'd randomly drop out and wobble when I didn't want it to. This is a lot more consistent and usable, and a really nice surprise! Cheers Peff :) Now to make some Vapourwave with it haha.

Exowildebeest

02 Apr 2016

chimp_spanner wrote:This is great! Always loved version 1 but felt it was a bit wild/uncontrollable, and it'd randomly drop out and wobble when I didn't want it to. This is a lot more consistent and usable, and a really nice surprise! Cheers Peff :) Now to make some Vapourwave with it haha.
I still noticed random volume drops every once in a while :(

I have no idea what the pattern behind it is or what causes it. It probably won't get fixed.

joeyluck

02 Apr 2016

Exowildebeest wrote:
chimp_spanner wrote:This is great! Always loved version 1 but felt it was a bit wild/uncontrollable, and it'd randomly drop out and wobble when I didn't want it to. This is a lot more consistent and usable, and a really nice surprise! Cheers Peff :) Now to make some Vapourwave with it haha.
I still noticed random volume drops every once in a while :(

I have no idea what the pattern behind it is or what causes it. It probably won't get fixed.
I'm pretty sure that is part of the Tape Bias setting. Turn that down and see if that helps.
Might also be in correlation with the Tape Quality.

Exowildebeest

02 Apr 2016

Could be, but I'm pretty sure random volume drops aren't part of what a bias control is supposed to do ;) Then again, this is a crap RE :D

platzangst

02 Apr 2016

Volume drops are a part of badly maintained cassette players, and/or damaged tapes. In real cassette operation, they would be a result of the tape drifting out of alignment with the playback heads. If a tape gets very misaligned in one direction, it's possible to hear the program on the other side of the tape in reverse.

Tapes have also been known to sometimes get wrinkled, and playing a wrinkled length of tape results in a rapidly and seemingly randomly fluctuating volume.

joeyluck

02 Apr 2016

Here's a fun, annoying patch... Because why wouldn't you do this?
It uses Pulsar. I call it 'Crapre'd Itself'
Crapre'd Itself JL.cmb.zip
(2.27 KiB) Downloaded 58 times

Juan Rosa

02 Apr 2016

Crapre 2 is not an upgrade from previous version??? come on! that makes me mad! :x

GRIFTY

02 Apr 2016

here's an idea: quit getting mad and complaining about a cheap RE that's literally meant to be a joke.

K1TTENM1TTEN

02 Apr 2016

Eagleizer wrote: Don`t see anything about "potentially" getting updates. It clearly states that there will be.
Since the updates were to continue being received through user accounts, I would say
it states that it would be free too...

Cheers :)
It was said in the forums when the first CrapRE was released. The question came up and Peff said that he would release an update in the future and never did. But of course, we no longer have the PHF, but that was one of the main reasons I pulled the trigger on it.

Dave909

02 Apr 2016

Juan Rosa wrote:Crapre 2 is not an upgrade from previous version??? come on! that makes me mad! :x
Shhh please have no opinion. Thats easier for everyone ;)

Dave909

02 Apr 2016

K1TTENM1TTEN wrote:
Eagleizer wrote: Don`t see anything about "potentially" getting updates. It clearly states that there will be.
Since the updates were to continue being received through user accounts, I would say
it states that it would be free too...

Cheers :)
It was said in the forums when the first CrapRE was released. The question came up and Peff said that he would release an update in the future and never did. But of course, we no longer have the PHF, but that was one of the main reasons I pulled the trigger on it.
You're talking about the guy still trying to sell you a rack spacer while theres better options totally free of charge. I mean you could prolly wait till eternity for him to actually think about what you actually like. Its way beyond me why people worship this guy the way they do.

Faastwalker

03 Apr 2016

joeyluck wrote:
MarkTarlton wrote:check this y'all :)

I think this is hilarious!
This is fantastic!
Great demo. Instant Com Truise, only more authentic.

I'm loving this thing. I think it's spot on. I wish we would see more quirky, crazy devices like this.

I must say I get pretty unexcited by compressors & EQ's in the shop. This is much more fun.

joeyluck

03 Apr 2016

Faastwalker wrote:I'm loving this thing. I think it's spot on. I wish we would see more quirky, crazy devices like this.
Agreed. I think they should team up more often! :)

I think it's really cool to see something fun by a team, all of which have been involved with Reason since the early days.
Funny that bitplant who is capable of making attractive GUIs, is given the task to make something so hideous lol.

If it takes them teaming up to deliver fun REs like this, I think they should keep this arrangement going.

ProfessaKaos

03 Apr 2016

The saturation on this thing is so crap I like it
Reason 12 & 11.3 Suite PC- Windows 10, AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, Asus ROG CROSSHAIR Dark Hero VIII, 64GB G.Skill 3600C16 RAM, 980 Pro Samsung M.2, RTX3060.

https://soundcloud.com/juo-jual
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwNLcE ... DjhSI16TqQ

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

03 Apr 2016

So here it is, my new song "Crap Monster".

Every sound in this song has been processed with CRAPRE 2.

The main melody/riff playing throughout the song was pretty much an accident. I was going to audition different sounds so I randomly entered a bunch of notes in the sequencer just to get something to play with. I later made some small tweaks and adjusted the pattern to make it work, but the notes are pretty much left like they originally were.

Fun thing: The spring reverb sound on the ride in the intro was made by switching the reverb on and off.

Loque

03 Apr 2016

Sounds great. And that dev sold this awsome RE for 9€ :P
Reason12, Win10

avasopht
Competition Winner

03 Apr 2016

This sounds awesome, makes me think of what they did in Kung Fury!

The_G

05 Apr 2016

WANT
Cosmopolis, out now: : https://timeslaves.bandcamp.com/album/cosmopolis! Check out the first single, "City Lights:

• Information