Unreliable REs

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Loque

24 Jan 2016

OK, now the next RE i get to crash. This time its G-Clip... I informed the developer, lets see if he reacts...

I think Reason needs a good way to give developers something to analyzer their crashes. Maybe a crash-dump or something like that.
Reason12, Win10

EnochLight

24 Jan 2016

mguh22 wrote:These days, I find within Reason 7 that even just opening a song with an RE in can sometimes result in it not loading properly and then I have to close Reason completely and reload it again; second time lucky for the song to load.

Of all my REs, it seems currently that PX7 and Radical Piano are the two which are most likely to stop working and require me to reload.
I own both and have never experienced the issues you're describing. That said, I'm on Windows 10 64-bit and Reason 8.3.2 with plenty of RAM (16 GB) and a reasonably fast CPU (well, sort of lol).

What OS are you on? What's your hardware specs?
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

selig
RE Developer

24 Jan 2016

Loque wrote:OK, now the next RE i get to crash. This time its G-Clip... I informed the developer, lets see if he reacts...

I think Reason needs a good way to give developers something to analyzer their crashes. Maybe a crash-dump or something like that.
There are ways to do this - it's up to the developer to take the time to track down the more insidious bugs, which is often very time consuming even with the proper tools. :)
Selig Audio, LLC

The_G

26 Jan 2016

Here's a theory: I believe Reason 5 is 32-bit and Reason 7 is 64-bit, which means that 7 is optimized for newer hardware/OS editions; if you have an older machine or OS, maybe try running 7 in 32-bit mode?

I'm no expert on this so it could be a dead end, but it would take 5 minutes to test.

(Note: I run 7 in 32-bit mode when rewired to Live.)
Cosmopolis, out now: : https://timeslaves.bandcamp.com/album/cosmopolis! Check out the first single, "City Lights:

selig
RE Developer

26 Jan 2016

dvdrtldg wrote:
Last Alternative wrote:Polar (too much latency)
Crapre (sux with no damage control)
U-HE RE's (sounds cheap)
PDT2 (can't send velocity patterns to sequencer which makes it a pointless RE)
Softube saturation knob (no output gain knob to bring the level back down WTF)

Plus all the REs I don't use which is why I stopped buying them. Too much of a gamble. I think PH has really dropped the ball on new stock features/devices.
The thread's titled "Unreliable REs", not "Part 46 in My Continuing Series of batch About Reason"
I know you probably mean well, but as I see it you are batch about someone else's "batch", which makes no sense IMO! Please remember we have pretty loose rules here (threads like this are perfectly acceptable), and try to do a good job of moderating the forums to the best of our ability. If you have a complaint, please contact any of the mods directly and we will take appropriate action if necessary. Otherwise, please ignore what you don't like, and comment on what you do like.

The only reason I mention this is that comments such as your's do nothing but potentially ignite flame wars, which means more work for the mods. We have enough to do as is! Remember to keep it civil. Thanks for understanding.
:)
Selig Audio, LLC

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

26 Jan 2016

Some of the BETA RE's are the only ones I have had issues with (with the exception of Noxious but that was an update which was updated again and sorted out the issue), and I would expect from time to time to have issues with BETA's as they are BETA LOL.

I use Radical Piano and Parsec a lot and as others have mentioned, make sure you have plenty of memory..

I run reason from both a desktop and laptop (i7).

The only issue I have from time to time and is to be expected is after my laptop has been to sleep can lose it's sound device if I use my HDMI device via my sound system (being external), if I use the internal sound device I don't have issues...

dopplereffect

05 Mar 2016

i myself have had this problem with radical piano. but it only happens when i load a song thats a little older (six months to a year). Methinks there was an update for radical piano between when the song was made, and when i re-open it, but i cant be too sure. on another note, i do notice certain phasing issues with the mic adjustment, but i guess that might be filed under 'user error'

Loque

06 Mar 2016

The developer of GClip still does not fixed the crash of his plugin. I sent him a song and a Combinator with 100% reproduction scenario, but nothing happened in the last maybe 3 months... So i recommend not to use this RE in a live-set...
Reason12, Win10

dan_g

06 Mar 2016

Somtimes the Env shaper gives me crackling and stuttering when Dialing in extreme settings. Im Not exactly sure how and on what Material this happens.
:reason: :record: :re: :refill: :ignition: - 12 - Hobbyist
minimal techno - deep minimal dubstep - drum 'n' bass/neurofunk - brostep/deathstep - band recording

New Release: https://open.spotify.com/track/5mQ1XEQtZcVeFVfZvcS5kw

Spryx

06 Mar 2016

I've had an occasional crash with oZone, not sure what it is due to though.
latest:

gak

06 Mar 2016

Kuassa creme and vermilion.

Nasty artifacting with high notes. Confirmed by some others here and not a word. Very upset.

moneykube

06 Mar 2016

gak wrote:Kuassa creme and vermilion.

Nasty artifacting with high notes. Confirmed by some others here and not a word. Very upset.
I had hoped it would be fixed by now
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

mguh22

12 Mar 2016

To revisit this, I've made things a lot more stable by doing a few fixes. I've worked out that it seemed likely that RAM, or lack thereof, was the culprit.

Given this is only a 4GB machine, I've disabled OS X Dynamic Pager and I also forced Reason to run in 32-bit mode.
These two things combined seem to have made things a lot more stable.

Thanks for your help everyone

Libraquaricorn

12 Mar 2016

dan_g wrote:Somtimes the Env shaper gives me crackling and stuttering when Dialing in extreme settings. Im Not exactly sure how and on what Material this happens.
I've had that too, thinking it was a cpu issue, or an issue with my crappy soundcard or just the sum of all the other crazy things I had going on at the same time somehow amounting to a kind of internal meltdown. It's a bit like the noise one used to get a lot of earlier when scrolling the screen with too many devices in use at the same time. I havent used the Env Shaper for very long though....but I've had to remove it several times from projects thinking that I'm using it in the wrong way or in a way it's not intended to be used.

mcatalao
Competition Winner

13 Mar 2016

I cannot for the sake of my heart remember an RE with big stability issues after getting in production.

Currently i had some reason Hiccups with my BCF2000's and BCR2000, but it seems related to my OS. It seems that from time to time, the BCF's change name when reason sessions are open and reason has some difficulty understanding what's happening.

mcatalao
Competition Winner

13 Mar 2016

Last Alternative wrote:Polar (too much latency)
Crapre (sux with no damage control)
U-HE RE's (sounds cheap)
PDT2 (can't send velocity patterns to sequencer which makes it a pointless RE)
Softube saturation knob (no output gain knob to bring the level back down WTF)

Plus all the REs I don't use which is why I stopped buying them. Too much of a gamble. I think PH has really dropped the ball on new stock features/devices.
There might be issues with U-He Re's (to my knowledge the Uhbik A does not work very well at samples greater than 44.1 KHz, or at least, you have to reload the patches after changing project sample rate). For me it's not a big deal, as I rarely change project sampling rates.

But regardless...
I cannot agree they sound cheap. I really like Uhbik A and it was well worth the money i spent on it!

Aquila

16 Mar 2016

I don't think I've ever had an RE crash on me yet. Only problems I ever had was OchenK's Glitch occasionally going silent, which was a known bug and promptly fixed (props to OchenK), and Pulsar getting nuked by my antivirus for some bizarre reason (also fixed - but that was an external problem anyway).

BPGeez

18 Mar 2016

Yea, I've only had crashing with one RE.. Carve!!! It's a shame cuz I think it could be a staple RE like Selig's. I surely do hope they fix the issue! And I definitely agree about the Props needing to severely reduce Polar's latency!
Reason is my girlfriend. Sometimes she mistreats me, but I still love her.

Checkout my tunes made with Reason: https://soundcloud.com/geez-musicals

Dance FX 21

23 Mar 2016

Carve crashes regularly for me - it's a pity as it is such a great device - really helps in cutting down the mud in some of my tracks. Would love if this issue was resolved.

• Information