Mixfood Ambient Generator

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
ahs

30 Nov 2015

do you remember me for a beta test ?

pbc278

30 Nov 2015

ahs wrote:do you remember me for a beta test ?
Nope.. I don't recognize you :?
What's your PH username maybe then I will remember again...
Greets from the Netherlands,
Studio Corbach
Bou

----------------------------     
GET MIXFOOD HERE

ahs

30 Nov 2015

andreashaun2000

ahs

30 Nov 2015

i am in ambient
https://soundcloud.com/anke-auto
and love natural things, wrangled up

pbc278

01 Dec 2015

ahs wrote:i am in ambient
https://soundcloud.com/anke-auto
and love natural things, wrangled up

Cool.. I've added a beta license to your account...
Studio Corbach
Bou

GET MIXFOOD HERE

ahs

01 Dec 2015

THANKS !

ahs

02 Dec 2015

is there a manual because it behaves a little curios

mcatalao
Competition Winner

03 Dec 2015

Bou,

Do you still need help wit testing? I'm also interested in this one, and i'm pretty sure it will be quite usable on my more "New Agy" songs.

My propellerhead user is mcatalao.

pbc278

03 Dec 2015

ahs wrote:is there a manual because it behaves a little curios
Hi Ahs

It's not a regular synth, so the workflow is pretty different.

First of all generators 1-7 are all routed to the same keys. no matter which key you press from C-2 till B2 all play the same note/samples.
They play the samples you select in generators 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and/or 7.

So, first select the samples you think fit together in generators 1-7
Turn up the volume on each generator (just above 0, if you let the volume sit at 0, the sample will not be loaded).
This is how I designed it because otherwise all 7 generators will always play a sample. In IDT you can't 'turn on' a sample on the fly when a key is already pressed.

After you selected the samples and turned up the volume you can just press any key in the range C-2 till B2 to hear the ambiance play. The samples will be played and looped. I suggest you create a track, draw in a C2 note and let it play for 15 minutes.

Use the mute button to mute the generators you currently don't want to hear so you can finetune the others. The Solo button will only work when you press it, this button won't stay pushed down (a limitation of IDT). So now you can finetune the samples till a perfect ambiance is created.

With the keys C3 and up you can then play solo samples as needed. Each key is mapped to a particular sample. They are all routed to generator 8.

Each generator has an EDIT button, when selected the FX section will be usable for ONLY THAT PARTICULAR generator with the RED EDIT button on.
When you press the main EDIT button, the FX section is applied to the MAIN MIX.

Hope thisl claryfies things a bit. I think it's a good workflow but you need to get used to it. Remember it's a ambiance generator, not intended as being a sample player or synth.

If you still have questions, please send them through the website www.studiocorbach.nl/support
Studio Corbach
Bou

GET MIXFOOD HERE

XysteR

03 Dec 2015

pbc278 wrote:
ahs wrote:is there a manual because it behaves a little curios
Hi Ahs

It's not a regular synth, so the workflow is pretty different.

First of all generators 1-7 are all routed to the same keys. no matter which key you press from C-2 till B2 all play the same note/samples.
They play the samples you select in generators 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and/or 7.

So, first select the samples you think fit together in generators 1-7
Turn up the volume on each generator (just above 0, if you let the volume sit at 0, the sample will not be loaded).
This is how I designed it because otherwise all 7 generators will always play a sample. In IDT you can't 'turn on' a sample on the fly when a key is already pressed.

After you selected the samples and turned up the volume you can just press any key in the range C-2 till B2 to hear the ambiance play. The samples will be played and looped. I suggest you create a track, draw in a C2 note and let it play for 15 minutes.

Use the mute button to mute the generators you currently don't want to hear so you can finetune the others. The Solo button will only work when you press it, this button won't stay pushed down (a limitation of IDT). So now you can finetune the samples till a perfect ambiance is created.

With the keys C3 and up you can then play solo samples as needed. Each key is mapped to a particular sample. They are all routed to generator 8.

Each generator has an EDIT button, when selected the FX section will be usable for ONLY THAT PARTICULAR generator with the RED EDIT button on.
When you press the main EDIT button, the FX section is applied to the MAIN MIX.

Hope thisl claryfies things a bit. I think it's a good workflow but you need to get used to it. Remember it's a ambiance generator, not intended as being a sample player or synth.

If you still have questions, please send them through the website http://www.studiocorbach.nl/support
This has pricked my ears up. I own and love the Mixfood Unison Xs. I wonder if I could be considered to take a look at the Ambient Generator? My username on props is the same as here: XysteR

pbc278

10 Dec 2015

XysteR wrote:This has pricked my ears up. I own and love the Mixfood Unison Xs. I wonder if I could be considered to take a look at the Ambient Generator? My username on props is the same as here: XysteR
I've added a beta license to your account.. read the instructions I wrote here in the forum carfully ;-)

Have fun!

PS I like your remix:
Studio Corbach
Bou

GET MIXFOOD HERE

XysteR

10 Dec 2015

pbc278 wrote:
XysteR wrote:This has pricked my ears up. I own and love the Mixfood Unison Xs. I wonder if I could be considered to take a look at the Ambient Generator? My username on props is the same as here: XysteR
I've added a beta license to your account.. read the instructions I wrote here in the forum carfully ;-)

Have fun!

PS I like your remix:
Thanks for that, I'll get a look into it - Thanks, glad you like it! :)

PadShifta

15 Dec 2015

Hi Bou!

Will we see the Mixfood Ambient Creator in the Shop before Christmas??
Please forgive me impatience. I really need this thing soon :-)

Keep rocking
Andy :thumbs_up:

snowcattt

21 Dec 2015

I just found this "Nature Mixer" online and am having some fun this morning...so wanted to throw this out for your perusal since it seems related (and can't wait for the Mixfood Ambient Generator!)
http://naturesoundsfor.me/
Invent the life you want to live.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

21 Dec 2015

The more I look into this device the more interested I get.

How many samples will this RE have?

pbc278

23 Dec 2015

TritoneAddiction wrote:The more I look into this device the more interested I get.

How many samples will this RE have?
250 samples inside...
It's approved by PH. I'm now finishing the demo video's then I will push the publish button ;-)
Studio Corbach
Bou

GET MIXFOOD HERE

eusti

23 Dec 2015

Congrats! Looking forward to see / hear more about it!

D.

pbc278

23 Dec 2015

Mixfood Ambi Nature - Playing patches and solo samples

Mixfood Ambi Nature - How to create a perfect ambiance
Studio Corbach
Bou

GET MIXFOOD HERE

• Information