Spectra is now free

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
mcatalao
Competition Winner

04 Jul 2024

Quarmat wrote:
03 Jul 2024
This synth is sooooo good, so deep and complex if one wants to delve into its intricacies and possibilities. I hope its dev could come back and make other amazing REs like spectra. This one was (is) so good sounding.

I made a song with only spectra 1 kong and 1 mimic (sampling spectra) some years ago when TritoneAddiction launched a spectra challenge:

Man i really liked this song!!! I really dig the diminished V on the mid section, It's a different progression on EDM stuf. Nice.

However i can't stand mono mixes.
You have to do a stereo mix and a mono mix for clubs and such.

Are you mixing in mono end to end? Please don't. Mix Stereo, check mono compatability.
But i really liked the song and it really shows how good is the synth.

Quarmat
Competition Winner

04 Jul 2024

mcatalao wrote:
04 Jul 2024
Man i really liked this song!!! I really dig the diminished V on the mid section, It's a different progression on EDM stuf. Nice.

However i can't stand mono mixes.
You have to do a stereo mix and a mono mix for clubs and such.

Are you mixing in mono end to end? Please don't. Mix Stereo, check mono compatability.
But i really liked the song and it really shows how good is the synth.
Thank you for appreciating this track! And listening to it yeah is defo in mono.... It's 3 yrs old so i cannot remember, maybe i forgot to deactivate the mono button when i checked for phase issues. It planned to have a french-portuguese woman singing on this song, but then her interest in collaboration faded and i forgot about this song. I have been very unlucky with singers so far :D I will check the reason file. Thank you for pointing it out.

mcatalao
Competition Winner

05 Jul 2024

Quarmat wrote:
04 Jul 2024
(...) It planned to have a french-portuguese woman singing on this song, but then her interest in collaboration faded and i forgot about this song. I have been very unlucky with singers so far :D I will check the reason file. Thank you for pointing it out.
Ah that would really be interesting!
If you still need/want that collab, i have 2 singer friends (male and female singers) that are portuguese with good french!

Carlota Barros, can sing in PT, EN and FR:

My old pal Tony can sing in PT, EN and FR:

PS.: Just for the record... All these were produced by me in Reason... :)

Quarmat
Competition Winner

09 Jul 2024

mcatalao wrote:
05 Jul 2024
Ah that would really be interesting!
If you still need/want that collab, i have 2 singer friends (male and female singers) that are portuguese with good french!

(..)

PS.: Just for the record... All these were produced by me in Reason... :)
wow, I really like Carlota's vocal timbre a lot! I guess it wouldn't hurt to recover this song and give it new life with a vocal line, but who knows if I'll ever find the lyrics file... I'm a very messy guy.

French (despite the title of the song) is not necessary in my opinion, although you said Carlota also sings in French. The French was only due to the fact that the singer I had contacted at the time was French but bilingual PT because of her Paulista mother.

Well I would gladly take advantage of that, if Carlota is willing and likes the song. My idea was to have something tropical, humid, nocturnal, maybe with a PT with a Carioca accent, something that had this flair :

But I am open to suggestions for both lyrics and vocal line, the only thing is that Carlota would have to agree that in some sections her singing could be sampled, cut and chopped.

Thank you for your help! Obrigado! And you did a very good job on the production of the tracks, i especially love the Marilyn one!

Also: sorry for the OT, admins ^_^'

mcatalao
Competition Winner

09 Jul 2024

Quarmat wrote:
09 Jul 2024
(...)
Also: sorry for the OT, admins ^_^'
Yeah this!

I suggest that we don't derail the thread any more, so if/when you want to persue this, send me a PM!

Theo.M

09 Jul 2024

I just grabbed this, THANKS SO MUCH!
400 patches to discover and learn the synth with.
I am excited.
Thanks again.
Mac Studio M2 Ultra/64Gb/Apollo T-Bolt 3/OS 14.6.1/PT 2024.6/R13.02/Logic 11.01
MSI GT77/13980HX/RTX 4090m/64GB/Arturia Minifuse 2/PT 2024.6/R13.02/Low DPC latency tuned

Theo.M

10 Jul 2024

Wow this is really quite nice! What an incredibly generous freebie indeed ;) :):)
Mac Studio M2 Ultra/64Gb/Apollo T-Bolt 3/OS 14.6.1/PT 2024.6/R13.02/Logic 11.01
MSI GT77/13980HX/RTX 4090m/64GB/Arturia Minifuse 2/PT 2024.6/R13.02/Low DPC latency tuned

Loque

10 Jul 2024

Theo.M wrote:
10 Jul 2024
Wow this is really quite nice! What an incredibly generous freebie indeed ;) :):)
Yea. The re-synthesis is great and the spectral envelope is pretty unique (ok, Parsec has something similar now).

I always hoped that the re-synthesis would combine the re-synthesis and the spectral envelops a little bit to get closer to the source considering the play-time-sound-changes...

Nevertheless a great synth, just a bit complicated for the beginner.
Reason13, Win10

• Information