ABL3 Shift Up/Down only works on pattern 1?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
chimp_spanner

Post 10 Jun 2024

Hey! Just picked this up, it's been on my list for ages and it's super fun. Sounds great. Only thing I can't figure out is how to shift a pasted pattern in slot 2/3/4 up or down using the controls? It only seems to affect the first pattern. Anyone else experience this?

huggermugger

Post 10 Jun 2024

Use the STEPS setting to determine how many of the total 64 steps are being shifted. If you want to shift both Pattern 1 and 2 upwards, for example, set STEPS to 32. Although ABL3 presents itself as having four patterns, there really is only one pattern in terms of the SHIFT control.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

chimp_spanner

Post 10 Jun 2024

huggermugger wrote:
10 Jun 2024
Use the STEPS setting to determine how many of the total 64 steps are being shifted. If you want to shift both Pattern 1 and 2 upwards, for example, set STEPS to 32. Although ABL3 presents itself as having four patterns, there really is only one pattern in terms of the SHIFT control.
Weird, cos I'm definitely able to copy/paste a pattern from 1 > 2 and then shift 2 left/right without affecting 1. So I figured I'd be able to do the same with pitch. Oh well, it's not a huge thing. Just wondered!

RandomNoise

Post 11 Jun 2024

This thing is probably one of my most favorited Reason racks, but I have to say it is quite limited compared to its VST version which is a shame. I love the connectivity and easy of use of it inside the reason rack, but I find myself using the VST more often because of the extra features such as much more patterns availability, the option to trigger patterns with midi notes etc'. With the rack you only get 4 patterns and you have to use the "off" automation to stop a pattern from playing..

joeyluck

Post 11 Jun 2024

RandomNoise wrote:
11 Jun 2024
This thing is probably one of my most favorited Reason racks, but I have to say it is quite limited compared to its VST version which is a shame. I love the connectivity and easy of use of it inside the reason rack, but I find myself using the VST more often because of the extra features such as much more patterns availability, the option to trigger patterns with midi notes etc'. With the rack you only get 4 patterns and you have to use the "off" automation to stop a pattern from playing..
Funny thing is I see the RE as having more features because of the CV. One of my favorite things is to flip the rack and send the Accent to Cutoff and then dial that trim to taste. And then doing stuff like this with more CV... viewtopic.php?t=7526956

Maybe some of the triggering stuff could be done with utilities and players?

RandomNoise

Post 11 Jun 2024

joeyluck wrote:
11 Jun 2024
RandomNoise wrote:
11 Jun 2024
Funny thing is I see the RE as having more features because of the CV. One of my favorite things is to flip the rack and send the Accent to Cutoff and then dial that trim to taste. And then doing stuff like this with more CV... viewtopic.php?t=7526956

Maybe some of the triggering stuff could be done with utilities and players?
I also enjoy the CV and that is what I meant by the connectivity, but those extra features on the VST feel essential to me.
I think I've tried multiple workarounds with players or utilities, but I prefer the simplicity of the midi keyboard trigger.
What could have been even better is if the pattern were controlled like other Reason rack patterns directly from the sequencer instead of the automation.

• Information