Chord sequencer free update?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
lzap

15 Apr 2023

I see FREE UPDATE on my account, what is that?

I purchased it last year. I do not understand. Or is this just eshop letting me know there was an update?

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... sequencer/

DaveyG

15 Apr 2023

lzap wrote:
15 Apr 2023
I see FREE UPDATE on my account, what is that?

I purchased it last year. I do not understand. Or is this just eshop letting me know there was an update?

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... sequencer/
The update has been out a while but you only find out about it if someone mentions it on here or if you go looking for it!

If you go to the product page and click on Product Description it lists the new stuff in V1.1

challism

15 Apr 2023

Robotic Bean are pretty good about not charging users for updates. Most devs are, actually (unless there was a lot of work put into the update, some might charge for it, then). But even then, Robotic Bean haven't ever charged for updates, which is really cool. Chord Sequencer has gone through some major updates over the years, all of which were free for us.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

crimsonwarlock

15 Apr 2023

challism wrote:
15 Apr 2023
Chord Sequencer has gone through some major updates over the years, all of which were free for us.
You are mistaken Chord Sequencer for Sequences :puf_wink:
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

challism

16 Apr 2023

crimsonwarlock wrote:
15 Apr 2023
challism wrote:
15 Apr 2023
Chord Sequencer has gone through some major updates over the years, all of which were free for us.
You are mistaken Chord Sequencer for Sequences :puf_wink:
You are correct. Wow! How did I do that. ha ha ha... total brain fart. I think I made the mistake because in the back of my mind I've been hoping for a Sequences update from RB. I think they have hinted that they might give us one more big update. So I've been hoping for that, giving it some thought just the other day. So when I read the title of this post, I saw what I wanted to see. That's my best guess as to why I confused the two.

So speaking to an RS update: RS have very rarely charged us for an update (outside of updating the DAW versions). The only time I recall them charging us for an upgrade was with Parsec.

This latest CS update was excellent. I gave us control over velocity of the chords and the individual notes of the chord. It gave us more CV connections in the back (allowing us to chain CSs together via master/slave). They gave us some other features, too, I think. Good update. Made it go from a "meh" player to a good player, IMO.

I think this is the video that came out with the update. Covers the new features.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

crimsonwarlock

16 Apr 2023

challism wrote:
16 Apr 2023
I think I made the mistake because in the back of my mind I've been hoping for a Sequences update from RB. I think they have hinted that they might give us one more big update.
Sequences is already one of the top sequencers available. If RB adds even more functionality, it will become the one sequencer to rule them all :thumbup:
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

sj1

09 Jun 2023

Hi.

Could someone tell me what is the latest version/release number of Chord Sequencer? (as of 20230609)

Also, is there a release notes page for that? If so, I would love to have the link to it. Thanks!

crimsonwarlock

09 Jun 2023

sj1 wrote:
09 Jun 2023
Hi.

Could someone tell me what is the latest version/release number of Chord Sequencer? (as of 20230609)

Also, is there a release notes page for that? If so, I would love to have the link to it. Thanks!
That info is available on the Chord Sequencer shop page. Current version is 1.1.2
-------

sj1

09 Jun 2023

crimsonwarlock wrote:
09 Jun 2023
That info is available on the Chord Sequencer shop page. Current version is 1.1.2
OK, I see the version there now (but not the release notes). Thanks!

crimsonwarlock

10 Jun 2023

sj1 wrote:
09 Jun 2023
crimsonwarlock wrote:
09 Jun 2023
OK, I see the version there now (but not the release notes). Thanks!
It's there under Product description: New in Cord Sequencer 1.1

Update information for REs is basically always on the product page. If it is not there, then it is (in most cases) not available.
-------

• Information