Respire Tutorial?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
22ndCenturyStudio

23 Apr 2023

Pulled the trigger on Respire....love the sounds...but frustrated with the GUI. Cannot find the volume knob....cannot find a drop-down menu to see the various categories of sounds. Since it's such a compact GUI....there must be a rear view of the GUI? If so...how do you access it?
Could not find any how-to videos on YouTube. Currently, I am enrolled in the monthly pay plan....but don't know if it will be worth continuing...

Billy+

23 Apr 2023

I've got Spire and ReSpire,

if you're doing a pay monthly on respire I would cancel and just save up for a vst license its performance and its gui is better also the last few updates for the vst version added reverb options (if I remember correctly) that haven't been included in the RE version as of yet....

22ndCenturyStudio

23 Apr 2023

Billy+ wrote:
23 Apr 2023

if you're doing a pay monthly on respire I would cancel and just save up for a vst license its performance and its gui is better also the last few updates for the vst version added reverb options (if I remember correctly) that haven't been included in the RE version as of yet....
I was going to follow your advice....but ReasonStudios won't allow me to cancel;

I'm stuck with this piece of shit....thanks anyway.

22ndCenturyStudio

23 Apr 2023

I fired off a support e-mail to have them cancel my subscription....so hopefully they will cancel....but who knows...since Reason 10 is not supported? Perhaps I will have to cancel my debit card(which would suck, since I just recently got a new f**king debit card!)

22ndCenturyStudio

23 Apr 2023

Well...acquiring the full VST version turned out to be a stellar move....what a callosal difference! Thankfully...the VST version is on sale for $129(don't have any green left over for any additional libraries....but I think the factory stuff will keep me occupied for a while.)
Thanks again for the advice. :cool:

22ndCenturyStudio

23 Apr 2023

Billy+ wrote:
23 Apr 2023

May I ask why you have both Spire & Respire? For similar reasons as myself...I presume? For one...I always liked the instantaneous use of Rack EXT's and the price was right(not knowing of course, that the Respire version was a significant compromise.) Hopefully...I'll get that rent-to-own nonsense squared away soon.

Kilsane

24 Apr 2023

You could have written to Reveal Sound with your RE bill and they would have deducted it from the vst price (that's how I got the vst version)

https://www.reveal-sound.com/plug-ins/s ... e-base/220

madmacman

24 Apr 2023

22ndCenturyStudio wrote:
23 Apr 2023
May I ask why you have both Spire & Respire? For similar reasons as myself...I presume? For one...I always liked the instantaneous use of Rack EXT's and the price was right(not knowing of course, that the Respire version was a significant compromise.) Hopefully...I'll get that rent-to-own nonsense squared away soon.
No idea if it applies to Billy+ as well, but some of us bought the RE version back in the days until realizing, that it wasn't the real deal (before Reason 9.5). When VST support was introduced to Reason, Reveal Sound (apparently) lost interest in maintenance of the RE version and offered for a short period in time very generous crossgrades to the VST version. If I remember correctly, I lost no money when I additionally bought the VST version.

22ndCenturyStudio

24 Apr 2023

Kilsane wrote:
24 Apr 2023
You could have written to Reveal Sound with your RE bill and they would have deducted it from the vst price (that's how I got the vst version)

https://www.reveal-sound.com/plug-ins/s ... e-base/220
Well...actually, I only spent $10 so far, so I am not really concerned so much about being reimbursed for it....but thank you just the same.

Billy+

24 Apr 2023

I decided it was my favorite sounding synth and the rack extension version just didn't do it justice,

I didn't even worry about getting discount on the vst version I just brought it because it performed better and was far better to use than the RE version.

as for tutorials :- well they will mostly translate between the RE and VST versions, but after moving over to Live 11 the performance is extremally noticeably especially given that RRP is a pain in the A... compared to just using vst's.

22ndCenturyStudio

24 Apr 2023

Billy+ wrote:
24 Apr 2023
I decided it was my favorite sounding synth and the rack extension version just didn't do it justice,

I didn't even worry about getting discount on the vst version I just brought it because it performed better and was far better to use than the RE version.

as for tutorials :- well they will mostly translate between the RE and VST versions, but after moving over to Live 11 the performance is extremally noticeably especially given that RRP is a pain in the A... compared to just using vst's.
Respire was the only version that required a tutorial, as the layout of the rack ext was very confusing.

zoidkirb

25 Apr 2023

22ndCenturyStudio wrote:
23 Apr 2023
Pulled the trigger on Respire....love the sounds...but frustrated with the GUI. Cannot find the volume knob....cannot find a drop-down menu to see the various categories of sounds. Since it's such a compact GUI....there must be a rear view of the GUI? If so...how do you access it?
Could not find any how-to videos on YouTube. Currently, I am enrolled in the monthly pay plan....but don't know if it will be worth continuing...
It is a great sounding RE but unfortunately the GUI is really annoying (some windows left click brings up a menu, others you need to click hold and scroll through your categories and sub categories)
It took me a while to realise that ENV 3 is for the filters by default, and just how the system of filter balancing works.

There's no master volume, you simply need to adjust each OSC volume.
FX are simple enough to use although not that necessary since Reason has plenty of decent FX any. The steppers, arpeggio and matrix although pretty cool and powerful are just way too fiddly to use in the RE version, you're better off using Reasons' Combinator and Players to do similar things.

• Information