Why Bassline Generator Again?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
BaiCaiX

24 Feb 2022

I got the "Bassline Generator & Algoritm Bundle" last month.
Excited to wait for the next bundle. I believe it will be "Pattern Mutator & Friktion Bundle".
And now the answer is "Friktion & Bassline Generator Bundle".
I dont get it, Reason Studios DO YOU HATE MONEY?

gkillmaster

24 Feb 2022

BaiCaiX wrote:
24 Feb 2022
I got the "Bassline Generator & Algoritm Bundle" last month.
Excited to wait for the next bundle. I believe it will be "Pattern Mutator & Friktion Bundle".
And now the answer is "Friktion & Bassline Generator Bundle".
I dont get it, Reason Studios DO YOU HATE MONEY?
Ha! crazy. I'da gotten it in a second.

bangaio

24 Feb 2022

This bundle would be perfect but I have 75 reward points to use and you can’t use it on the bundle!!! What…

QVprod

24 Feb 2022

Likely going for the people who didn’t do the other bundle. Makes sense that they’re bundling their most recent product

WasteLand

25 Feb 2022

and likely for people that did buy the other bundle for €74; ALG + BLG. because if you own BLG and not Friktion, it is not €109, but €74.

so in way 3 devices, RE's for about €148....
Win 10 Pro. R11 suite + R12. Nektar Panorama p1. Ryzen 9 5900X. Cubase Pro 11, Bitwig Studio 4.4, Reaper 6.68, Ableton Live 11 Suite. RME Hammerfall DSP Multiface.

https://soundcloud.com/sada-exposada

https://soundcloud.com/user-873737123

Billy+

25 Feb 2022

What I don't understand is that these bundles are really only for perpetual customers and as a perpetual customer the only device I don't own is BLG but they (RS) still haven't put it on sale?

Pointless :?

challism

25 Feb 2022

I'm just happy to see that RS are still offering sales on their REs. Seeing that they didn't offer any discounts during the last few big annual sales, I know many of us were starting to wonder/worry. It's a good sign that they haven't really left perpetual license holders out in the cold. I'd say just have patience and wait for a future sale/bundle. It makes sense that a BLG sale would be coming. And also an Algo/Frik bundle.

Or you could always subscribe to R+! ha ha ha ha, I'll see myself out.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

Billy+

25 Feb 2022

Well I'm not

It's not a sale if you can't benefit from the discount

Why not offer a discount on the individual products

I personally won't buy a single product from them while we are being jerked around by the marketing department.

My loyalties have been over stretched - I've moved on - I'm sticking to vst's from reputable sources and developers who accept that customers deserve loyalty in return.

gullum

26 Feb 2022

Billy+ wrote:
25 Feb 2022
Well I'm not

I personally won't buy a single product from them while we are being jerked around by the marketing department.
rephrase that to It's not a sale to me if I can't benefit from the discount.
It's still a sale to many others

gullum

26 Feb 2022

Billy+ wrote:
25 Feb 2022
Well I'm not

rephrase that to It's not a sale to me if I can't benefit from the discount.
It's still a sale to many others
What I don't understand is that these bundles are really only for perpetual customers and as a perpetual customer the only device I don't own is BLG but they (RS) still haven't put it on sale?

They just put in on sale in a bundle 2 times

Billy+

26 Feb 2022

Instead of rephrasing my previous comments let me spell it out as follows:-

So far this year I've spent close to £1000,
normally I would be buying stuff from Reason Studios however so far they haven't seen a single penny

Instead I've purchased

Live Suite 11 and over £200 worth of samples and presents for vst devices instead of rack extensions and refills..

BaiCaiX

26 Feb 2022

Billy+ wrote:
26 Feb 2022

normally I would be buying stuff from Reason Studios however so far they haven't seen a single penny

Instead I've purchased

Live Suite 11 and over £200 worth of samples and presents for vst devices instead of rack extensions and refills..
It looks like they abandoned the RE market when they started supporting VST.
Their new business model is to force customers to subscribe Reason+ with a bad experience.

challism

26 Feb 2022

BaiCaiX wrote:
26 Feb 2022
Billy+ wrote:
26 Feb 2022

Instead I've purchased

It looks like they abandoned the RE market when they started supporting VST.
Their new business model is to force customers to subscribe Reason+ with a bad experience.
I'm not entirely sure how it appears as though they have abandoned the RE market, when they have released many REs since beginning to support VSTs. VST support came with R9.5. RS has released a bunch of REs since then:
BLG
Algoritm
Pattern Mutator
Friktion
Complex-1
Scenic
Processed Pianos
2x Umpfs
2x Layers
Drum Sequencer
Beatmap
Quad Note Generator
Polystep

I'm not 100% sure about a couple of those, but I think they were all released after dropping 9.5. Did I miss any?
Anyway, that's a lot of REs to claim they have abandoned the RE market.

And the idea that they are forcing people into subscriptions by giving them a bad experience doesn't make any sense to me, either. How is the subscription experience any different that the perpetual license experience? In terms of using the product (Reason & REs), it really isn't any different. You still have access to your REs and your version of Reason. I would argue that the perpetual experience is BETTER than the subscription experience, in that you can buy any REs and/or version or Reason that you wish. And also due to the fact that R+ subscribers STILL can't use Reason/REs offline. Perpetual is a better experience. Granted, the Authorizer is a horrible experience and hopefully they figure out how to give all users access to Companion, and let's hope they figure out how to make it available offline.

Now, if you are talking about R+, instead of VSTs, I think you might have a better argument. The way they buried the "shop" link way down at the bottom of the page when they launched R+, I will concede that it looked like they were abandoning the RE market for a while. There is a link to the shop page at the top again, but it's a shopping cart... not quite the same thing as a word; I don't understand why they don't just put the word "shop" in the menu, like it was before. It's not hard to add 4 letters.... I do it unnecessarily in many of my sentences when I'm angry.

And since launching R+, they haven't been offering sales on their own REs during the traditional annual sales, or doing much of any kind of promoting of 3rd party developers, which also might give the appearance of abandonment. They certainly haven't been doing 3rd party developers any favors since launching R+.
Billy+ wrote:
25 Feb 2022

That's not quite fair to say it hasn't gone on sale. This is the second time it's been on sale in as many weeks, albeit it's been part of a bundle, but a sale, nonetheless. Also, RS REs don't usually go on sale this close to their release date. So it's kind of been nice to see a new RE go on sale so soon after its launch date, even if it is a part of a temporary bundle.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

Billy+

26 Feb 2022

Actually I think it's perfectly fair

The last device I purchased was Algorithm and I was shocked that it had been discounted within such a quick time from release.

However I have very little to say about the current marketing strategy other than I've been buying other DAWs vst's and sample packs that aren't stuck inside the refill format and won't be buying anything from Reason Studios until this current marketing strategy is discontinued.

Bring back sales on individual RS products or I will continue to spend my money elsewhere :thumbup:
Make Reason standalone worth buying or I will keep buying the upgrades from Live :thumbup:

• Information