Disappearing developers: looking for user manuals

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
crimsonwarlock

24 Jan 2022

Several developer websites seem to have disappeared and although their rack extensions are still in the shop, the support materials are no longer available, as those are mostly hosted on the developer's website.

So, I preemptively downloaded all the manuals for the REs that are on my wishlist, just to be safe. However, some REs are from disappeared devs, so now I'm hoping some users here can help me with copies of the user manuals. These are the ones I'm looking for:

- Blamsoft Expanse
- Blamsoft Zero
- Blamsoft Viking 2
- Blamsoft Resampler
- Ochen K. EDS06s Drum Synth
- Ochen K. Repeat Looper
- Devoloop DynaRage

TIA.
Last edited by crimsonwarlock on 24 Jan 2022, edited 2 times in total.
-------
Reached the breaking-point. CrimsonWarlock has left the forum.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

24 Jan 2022

crimsonwarlock wrote:
24 Jan 2022
Several developer websites seem to have disappeared and although their rack extensions are still in the shop, the support materials are no longer available, as those are mostly hosted on the developer's website.

So, I preemptively downloaded all the manuals for the REs that are on my wishlist, just to be safe. However, some REs are from disappeared devs, so now I'm hoping some users here can help me with copies of the user manuals. These are the ones I'm looking for:

- Blamsoft Expanse
- Blamsoft Zero
- Blamsoft Viking 2
- Blamsoft Resampler
- Ochen K. EDS06s Drum Synth
- Ochen K. Repeat Looper
- Devoloop DynaRage

TIA.
Ochen K doesn’t have manuals. Just the product page and some videos.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

arnigretar

24 Jan 2022

Ochen K. EDS06s Drum Synth -- my favorite drum synth. Damn it's good. Don't have the manual though. Nor for the blamsoft devices. But good question. It would be good to have it available...
https://futuregrapher.bandcamp.com/

Reason 12, Ableton Live 10 Suite, Roland Cloud, Arturia V9, Korg Legacy 3, Soundtoys 5, Waves Mercury, Sonic Charge Bundle, N.I.: Massive, Reaktor 6, FM8. + a lot of Hardware. Windows 7/10.

crimsonwarlock

24 Jan 2022

MrFigg wrote:
24 Jan 2022
... which are all gone now. For the ones that have a webpage as a manual (and are still available) I've simply printed the webpage to a PDF. Maybe other people do the same.

arnigretar wrote:
24 Jan 2022
Ochen K. EDS06s Drum Synth -- my favorite drum synth. Damn it's good. Don't have the manual though. Nor for the blamsoft devices. But good question. It would be good to have it available...
I especially hope to get the manuals for the big Blamsoft synths, as they are pretty deep.
-------

MrFigg
Competition Winner

24 Jan 2022

crimsonwarlock wrote:
24 Jan 2022
MrFigg wrote:
24 Jan 2022
... which are all gone now. For the ones that have a webpage as a manual (and are still available) I've simply printed the webpage to a PDF. Maybe other people do the same.
Again. Ochen K doesn’t have manuals. Never had them. Even on his own webpage when it was still up. The only instructions available for his devices are on the product pages in the Shop and the videos both on the Shop and on YouTube.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

crimsonwarlock

24 Jan 2022

MrFigg wrote:
24 Jan 2022
Again. Ochen K doesn’t have manuals. Never had them. Even on his own webpage when it was still up. The only instructions available for his devices are on the product pages in the Shop and the videos both on the Shop and on YouTube.
Ah, OK. I thought you meant he only had a product page on his website, as several RE devs don't have a PDF manual but do have a product page on their website that actually is a (short) manual. Thanks for the clarification. I'll edit the OP.
-------

eoinoco

24 Jan 2022

Hi crimson warlock. I have the Blamsoft manuals for you. I can send them as a zip file.

crimsonwarlock

24 Jan 2022

eoinoco wrote:
24 Jan 2022
Hi crimson warlock. I have the Blamsoft manuals for you. I can send them as a zip file.
Wow, great. I'll send a PM with my email address.
-------

crimsonwarlock

24 Jan 2022

turn2on wrote:
24 Jan 2022
Just look webarchive of the site:
https://web.archive.org/web/20170917235 ... xtensions/
I should have thought of that. However, just checked and only part of the site is archived, and the manuals are missing :(
-------

crimsonwarlock

24 Jan 2022

I've got the Blamsoft manuals, thanks to eoinoco. I also discarded the request for the DynaRage manual, as I found info about related bugs and high CPU usage.
Last edited by crimsonwarlock on 24 Jan 2022, edited 1 time in total.
-------

MrFigg
Competition Winner

24 Jan 2022

Just remembered...all the manuals to all the REs ever are getting compiled here. Don't know what letter they're up to by now but the Blamsoft stuff is there.

https://www.reasonistas.com/reinventory
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

kitekrazy

24 Jan 2022

turn2on wrote:
24 Jan 2022
Just look webarchive of the site:
https://web.archive.org/web/20170917235 ... xtensions/
Thank you so much for this. I bought their ploy modular system and have yet to mess with it.

crimsonwarlock

24 Jan 2022

MrFigg wrote:
24 Jan 2022
Just remembered...all the manuals to all the REs ever are getting compiled here. Don't know what letter they're up to by now but the Blamsoft stuff is there.

Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see any manuals there. Only links pointing to the Reason shop.
-------

MrFigg
Competition Winner

24 Jan 2022

crimsonwarlock wrote:
24 Jan 2022
MrFigg wrote:
24 Jan 2022

Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see any manuals there. Only links pointing to the Reason shop.
Look really closely...one of the columns is labelled manuals
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

crimsonwarlock

24 Jan 2022

MrFigg wrote:
24 Jan 2022
Look really closely...one of the columns is labelled manuals
Ah, found them.... those links are like a tiny dot on my HDPI screen :lol:
-------

raymondh

24 Jan 2022

The threads on the disappearing developers is a great reminder to bounce tracks to audio for archiving our work!
Even these perpetual licenses have a dependence on being supported, and eventually will be obsoleted one way or another.

arnigretar

25 Jan 2022

MrFigg wrote:
24 Jan 2022

Brilliants, thanks for the share!
https://futuregrapher.bandcamp.com/

Reason 12, Ableton Live 10 Suite, Roland Cloud, Arturia V9, Korg Legacy 3, Soundtoys 5, Waves Mercury, Sonic Charge Bundle, N.I.: Massive, Reaktor 6, FM8. + a lot of Hardware. Windows 7/10.

fullforce

25 Jan 2022

Isn't Reason Studios supposed to be looking out for these things?
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

crimsonwarlock

25 Jan 2022

fullforce wrote:
25 Jan 2022
Isn't Reason Studios supposed to be looking out for these things?
Apparently not. There have been issues with RS-badged rack extensions being removed because of licensing issues (like PX7) and they are now staying away of those things. However, as I see it, third-party rack extensions are not under the control of RS and can be removed from the shop by the respective developer.
-------

Baylo

25 Jan 2022

As I understand it, RS guarantees:

1) that REs will continue to work (historical licensing issues notwithstanding, of which I think PX7 is the only example? The Line 6 devices which are sometimes mentioned weren't REs, and in any event remained available in the legacy versions of Reason), and

2) that REs will continue to be available to anyone who purchased/acquired them. Of course, a device can be withdrawn from sale by a dev, but anyone who already owned it will continue to have access to it.

crimsonwarlock

26 Jan 2022

Baylo wrote:
25 Jan 2022
2) that REs will continue to be available to anyone who purchased/acquired them. Of course, a device can be withdrawn from sale by a dev, but anyone who already owned it will continue to have access to it.
Yep. When you have a RE, you will keep it indefinitely. But when you don't have it yet, it's possible you won't be able to get it anymore. I started this topic because of the websites with support materials disappearing, but over time several devs have also removed their products from the shop. I've just purchased Expanse at full price (I think it's worth it) because it seems that Blamsoft is gone, and I want to avoid risking not being able to get it anymore if they pull their products as well. I'll take the risk that they'll come back and even do a sale, although I consider they didn't do a sale last Black Friday and season of reason, while they have been doing sales before. So to me that's unlikely.
-------

raymondh

26 Jan 2022

crimsonwarlock wrote:
26 Jan 2022
Baylo wrote:
25 Jan 2022
Yep. When you have a RE, you will keep it indefinitely. But when you don't have it yet, it's possible you won't be able to get it anymore. I started this topic because of the websites with support materials disappearing, but over time several devs have also removed their products from the shop. I've just purchased Expanse at full price (I think it's worth it) because it seems that Blamsoft is gone, and I want to avoid risking not being able to get it anymore if they pull their products as well. I'll take the risk that they'll come back and even do a sale, although I consider they didn't do a sale last Black Friday and season of reason, while they have been doing sales before. So to me that's unlikely.
Good call. Expanse is a fantastic synth!

fullforce

26 Jan 2022

Baylo wrote:
25 Jan 2022
As I understand it, RS guarantees:

1) that REs will continue to work (historical licensing issues notwithstanding, of which I think PX7 is the only example? The Line 6 devices which are sometimes mentioned weren't REs, and in any event remained available in the legacy versions of Reason), and

In that case it would be a cool idea to create some sort of manual (and maybe other things) RE-pository somewhere.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

Baylo

26 Jan 2022

fullforce wrote:
26 Jan 2022
In that case it would be a cool idea to create some sort of manual (and maybe other things) RE-pository somewhere.
It would! I never quite understood why manuals weren't hosted alongside the device in the shop. I think some were/are, but not all.

• Information