Forgotten Clank Studios Omega Trimmer (FREE during BF)

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
User avatar
moofi
Posts: 388
Joined: 19 Jan 2015

Post 25 Nov 2021

https://reasonstudios.com/shop/rack-ext ... a-trimmer/


Thank you very much for a very useful + good sounding unit :-)
Last edited by moofi on 26 Nov 2021, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
FGL
Posts: 334
Joined: 23 Jan 2015

Post 26 Nov 2021

The device is superb. Anyway, I don't understand why the extremely useful devices from Forgotten Clang are not being celebrated more intensely. This is perfect for cleaning up every mix, but also for eliminating nonsensical artifacts, such as those that often arise in FM synthesis, for example with "Algorithm" in the high frequency range.

User avatar
Ottostrom
Posts: 699
Joined: 13 May 2016

Post 26 Nov 2021

FGL wrote:
26 Nov 2021
The device is superb. Anyway, I don't understand why the extremely useful devices from Forgotten Clang are not being celebrated more intensely. This is perfect for cleaning up every mix, but also for eliminating nonsensical artifacts, such as those that often arise in FM synthesis, for example with "Algorithm" in the high frequency range.
Yeah, the Forgotten Clank* REs are really great!
I use the Omega DEQ all the time and it includes every feature I could ask for from a single band dynamic EQ and it doesn't take up much space at all :)

User avatar
FGL
Posts: 334
Joined: 23 Jan 2015

Post 26 Nov 2021

Right: It is spelled "Clank". Beloved Moderation, please change the Titel of the Thread. Searchfunktion.

User avatar
FGL
Posts: 334
Joined: 23 Jan 2015

Post 26 Nov 2021

Ottostrom wrote:
26 Nov 2021
FGL wrote:
26 Nov 2021
The device is superb. Anyway, I don't understand why the extremely useful devices from Forgotten Clang are not being celebrated more intensely. This is perfect for cleaning up every mix, but also for eliminating nonsensical artifacts, such as those that often arise in FM synthesis, for example with "Algorithm" in the high frequency range.
Yeah, the Forgotten Clank* REs are really great!
I use the Omega DEQ all the time and it includes every feature I could ask for from a single band dynamic EQ and it doesn't take up much space at all :)
I can only agree, my favorite is "Forgotten Convolver". This allows you to individualize all possible instrument patches. But I also use "Forgotten Waveshaper" a lot. And "Mastering Clipper" is also free and usefull.

User avatar
Ottostrom
Posts: 699
Joined: 13 May 2016

Post 26 Nov 2021

FGL wrote:
26 Nov 2021
I can only agree, my favorite is "Forgotten Convolver". This allows you to individualize all possible instrument patches. But I also use "Forgotten Waveshaper" a lot. And "Mastering Clipper" is also free and usefull.
I should really give the Convolver a go! Seems like you can do some very unique sound design with it and it's only 10€ right now

User avatar
Loque
Moderator
Posts: 9538
Joined: 28 Dec 2015

Post 26 Nov 2021

Ottostrom wrote:
26 Nov 2021
FGL wrote:
26 Nov 2021
I can only agree, my favorite is "Forgotten Convolver". This allows you to individualize all possible instrument patches. But I also use "Forgotten Waveshaper" a lot. And "Mastering Clipper" is also free and usefull.
I should really give the Convolver a go! Seems like you can do some very unique sound design with it and it's only 10€ right now
Its pretty strange/unique, but also unpredictibale. TBF, its hit-and-miss, but nothing else available that can do this. If you are looking for some extra flavour, it can be a "hit".
Reason12, Win10

User avatar
moofi
Posts: 388
Joined: 19 Jan 2015

Post 26 Nov 2021

Done. I first thought the name was Forgotten Klang (German for sound), then I only payed attention to the difference in the first letter and thought it would still be the analogy with only an english C integrated, hence didn´t look any further. :-D
FGL wrote:
26 Nov 2021
Right: It is spelled "Clank". Beloved Moderation, please change the Titel of the Thread. Searchfunktion.

User avatar
FGL
Posts: 334
Joined: 23 Jan 2015

Post 26 Nov 2021

I am also German an therefore it doesn't looks odd to me.

User avatar
dioxide
Posts: 1494
Joined: 15 Jul 2015

Post 26 Nov 2021

The filters on this can create a scratchy noise. Is this a bug?

User avatar
moofi
Posts: 388
Joined: 19 Jan 2015

Post 26 Nov 2021

Àudio example or how to replicate?
dioxide wrote:
26 Nov 2021
The filters on this can create a scratchy noise. Is this a bug?

User avatar
dioxide
Posts: 1494
Joined: 15 Jul 2015

Post 27 Nov 2021

moofi wrote:
26 Nov 2021
Àudio example or how to replicate?
dioxide wrote:
26 Nov 2021
The filters on this can create a scratchy noise. Is this a bug?
I've just tried and couldn't reproduce it. I'll repost if I manage to do it again.

User avatar
moofi
Posts: 388
Joined: 19 Jan 2015

Post 27 Nov 2021

Yes, briefly checked on it in that regard, couldn´t notice anything, reason I asked. :-)
dioxide wrote:
27 Nov 2021
moofi wrote:
26 Nov 2021
Àudio example or how to replicate?

I've just tried and couldn't reproduce it. I'll repost if I manage to do it again.

User avatar
aeox
Posts: 3080
Joined: 23 Feb 2017
Location: marsoo

Post 28 Nov 2021

Thanks for the heads up.

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 8 guests