Help Me Spend My Reward Credits

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Nerveclinic

05 Nov 2021

Hi Everyone. So I have 122 Reward points. Which means I have 100 reward points to spend.

It pretty much comes down to a selection of synths since I have most of the effects.

I am leaning toward Algoritm

But here are some other options that interest me also:

1) Rob Papen Quad

2) Resonans

3) Super Audio Cart

4) Layers Wave

5) Layers

6) Algoritm

As far as players go I could pick one of the following but they are only $69 and I lean toward spending on synths that are $99 to get full use of the available rewards unless someone convinces me otherwise.

1) Quad Note Generator

2) Pattern Mutator

3) PolyStep Sequencer

I thought it would be fun to ask those of you with experience using these tell me which you would pick and why?

Any insights are greatly appreciated.

jam-s

05 Nov 2021

Nerveclinic wrote:
05 Nov 2021
Hi Everyone. So I have 122 Reward points. Which means I have 100 reward points to spend.

It pretty much comes down to a selection of synths since I have most of the effects.

I am leaning toward Algoritm

But here are some other options that interest me also:

1) Rob Papen Quad
2) Resonans
3) Super Audio Cart
For those you can use a 50€/$ off voucher only. So you could get a better deal if they go on sale and save your reward points for better options.

Nerveclinic wrote:
05 Nov 2021
4) Layers Wave
5) Layers
6) Algoritm
Of those 3 I think Algorithm is the best choice.

Nerveclinic wrote:
05 Nov 2021
As far as players go I could pick one of the following but they are only $69 and I lean toward spending on synths that are $99 to get full use of the available rewards unless someone convinces me otherwise.

1) Quad Note Generator
2) Pattern Mutator
3) PolyStep Sequencer

I thought it would be fun to ask those of you with experience using these tell me which you would pick and why?

Any insights are greatly appreciated.
If you're interested in the players you could also get two of those using two $50 vouchers and paying 2x$19=$38 (not a bad deal for two of those imho).

MarkTarlton

05 Nov 2021

I'm pretty sure the 100 vouchers only cover Reason products, I was in the same boat a few weeks ago and I got Algoritm.

dvdrtldg

05 Nov 2021

Spend a bit of time with Resonans and see how you like it. It's an amazing instrument

Billy+

05 Nov 2021

You can only use the 100 voucher on RS devices and I would suggest Algorithm

Arrant
Competition Winner

06 Nov 2021

Agreed, Algorithm seems the best choice.
Some of the items on your list are probably going to be a better deal come black friday which is not far away.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

06 Nov 2021

Personally I would go for Algoritm.

arnigretar

06 Nov 2021

Algoritm of these all :) my choice at least.
https://futuregrapher.bandcamp.com/

Reason 12, Ableton Live 10 Suite, Roland Cloud, Arturia V9, Korg Legacy 3, Soundtoys 5, Waves Mercury, Sonic Charge Bundle, N.I.: Massive, Reaktor 6, FM8. + a lot of Hardware. Windows 7/10.

client6

06 Nov 2021

Algoritm seems the most versatile and fun to play with.

That being said, Im not much into players and I dont have the Rob Papen or Super Audio Cart.

RandomNoise

06 Nov 2021

Algoritm for me as well. Amazing synth which I feel like I've only used 20% of what it is really capable. I love the sounds and concepts of Rob Papen synths but I always felt like the VSTs versions are designed much better than the racks...

Tinnitus

10 Nov 2021

RandomNoise wrote:
06 Nov 2021
Algoritm for me as well. Amazing synth which I feel like I've only used 20% of what it is really capable. I love the sounds and concepts of Rob Papen synths but I always felt like the VSTs versions are designed much better than the racks...
I agree. Being more of a preset user I was underwhelmed with the number of supplied presets with Algorithm ( but it appears to be a very capable synth). Partly why I love Papen's amazing synths, tons of presets to start from.
But I suspect I'm in the minority, as most probably use reason with a sound design from scratch hat on.

• Information