UJAM RE vs VST

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Cadenz

10 Aug 2021

I Wish UJAM would upgrade or Reason would tell UJAM to upgrade their REs. I've had to reach out Directly to UJAM asking them for a discount on the VST version of their drumkits DOPE & Hustle which are now DOPE V2 and Hustle V2. About three or so upgrades since Reasons RE which has a release date of 2018 I believe. I've read places where people are just moving forward with VSTs as they are widely supported. I personally bought Omnisphere 2 and absolutely love it!

Billy+

11 Aug 2021

Cadenz wrote:
10 Aug 2021
I Wish UJAM would upgrade or Reason would tell UJAM to upgrade their REs. I've had to reach out Directly to UJAM asking them for a discount on the VST version of their drumkits DOPE & Hustle which are now DOPE V2 and Hustle V2. About three or so upgrades since Reasons RE which has a release date of 2018 I believe. I've read places where people are just moving forward with VSTs as they are widely supported. I personally bought Omnisphere 2 and absolutely love it!

Why are you after updates to the ujam RE's ?

I brought a few when they first came out and got bored very quick, the usp of having rhythms fills etc isn't actually that much better than setting up drum sequencer with a few extra patterns and actually taking the time to program drum patterns is much more satisfying.

And the vst's aren't any better :thumbs_up:

WOO

11 Aug 2021

Go for the vst's. First off they allow you to drag and drop the patterns directly into the sequencer. During black friday I sent them proof that I owned the beatmaker eden re and they let me update to the new beatmaker eden vst for 19.95. Since then I've been a loyal customer.

phithegoldenratio

12 Aug 2021

was bummed that the VSTs will not do MIDI out. yeah, drag and drop, but IMO the fills and live triggering of them is what makes them unique.. love to program own drums but sometimes we just want to set up a drum track fast, especially as guitar players and such. if you want their patterns and fills MIDI out the REs in combination with RRP seems to be the way.

• Information