Problems with MicroTune

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
moneykube

15 May 2021

MrFigg wrote:
15 May 2021
Microtune can only tune one note at a time because it works using the pitch bend.
so that is the trick... should have read the manual... doh... thought the rack was useless until this aha moment... thank you Mr Figg... :thumbs_up:
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

bidaar

15 May 2021

Bes wrote:
15 May 2021
you should be able to play chords with distributor but you require one microtune for each synth
is there a topic or a pic or video so I can see how it works . or maybe a screenshot from back of the rack in cablings would be appreciated , but Im gonna go try myself
Reason 11 Suite l FL Studio l Leaning Ableton n Bitwig l Windows 10 64bit
Trying and Learning to be a : Hip-Hop / Trap , Electronic & Experimental Producer l Mixing Engineer

Bes
Competition Winner

15 May 2021

there are two important processes

1 the synth and the microtune must have equal pitch bend values
2 uncheck receive midi notes from each synth leaving Distributor the only device getting note information

otherwise the cabling would be as you expect it. distributor note and gate cv goes to a microtune where note gate and pitchbend cv go to a synth and wire the synth audio to a mixer. repeat up to 8 times (if will save you time to set the patch fist and the duplicate the devices) and and finally set the correct value of number of synths (voices) on the front panel of the distributor

if you set this up in a combinator correctly then have your midi in or sequencer play notes to the combinator and the patch will do the rest
DistributorMicrotune front panelJPG.JPG
DistributorMicrotune front panelJPG.JPG (164.57 KiB) Viewed 720 times
- Certified Reason expert

bidaar

15 May 2021

Bes wrote:
15 May 2021
there are two important processes

1 the synth and the microtune must have equal pitch bend values
2 uncheck receive midi notes from each synth leaving Distributor the only device getting note information

otherwise the cabling would be as you expect it. distributor note and gate cv goes to a microtune where note gate and pitchbend cv go to a synth and wire the synth audio to a mixer. repeat up to 8 times (if will save you time to set the patch fist and the duplicate the devices) and and finally set the correct value of number of synths (voices) on the front panel of the distributor

if you set this up in a combinator correctly then have your midi in or sequencer play notes to the combinator and the patch will do the rest

DistributorMicrotune front panelJPG.JPG
thanks a lot bes ! Im gonna try this <3
Reason 11 Suite l FL Studio l Leaning Ableton n Bitwig l Windows 10 64bit
Trying and Learning to be a : Hip-Hop / Trap , Electronic & Experimental Producer l Mixing Engineer

summon.exe

23 Aug 2022

ray_t wrote:
12 Sep 2016
Been trying to use Microtune in a polyphonic context and the only way I know of is to use something like the Distributor, Charlotte or A-19.
It seems there's a bug in the CV IN of Microtune cause only when I use the CV in (to connect Distributor and the like to microtune) the scale gets messed up. What happens specifically is that G and Ab have the same pitch on one octave, Eb and E get the same pitch on the next octave, same for B and C on the subsequent octave. The pattern is is that all these notes are half-steps apart and the repetition occurs in 5ths! It's pretty strange and can't figure out what's going on.
Any ideas?
I attached the file (with Charlotte).
I just confirmed that this bug is still present. I had recommended this rack extension without remembering this issue, and so I went back and retracted my recommendation. Such a shame. I could do so much with it in a Distributor setup.

dvdrtldg

23 Aug 2022

Ochen K's REs sure did have a lot of bugs. From what I can remember, this became such an issue that he stopped making them (i.e. not because of the bugs as such, but because of all the bad tempered blowback he was getting)

Faastwalker

25 Aug 2022

dvdrtldg wrote:
23 Aug 2022
Ochen K's REs sure did have a lot of bugs. From what I can remember, this became such an issue that he stopped making them (i.e. not because of the bugs as such, but because of all the bad tempered blowback he was getting)
Is that he stopped? That's a real shame. He made some great RE's. I've not come across any major issues myself. Although MicroTune always seemed a little handicapped by the way it had to work. BTW OchenK's EDS06s is flippin awesome :thumbup:

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... rum-synth/

dvdrtldg

25 Aug 2022

Faastwalker wrote:
25 Aug 2022
OchenK's EDS06s is flippin awesome :thumbup:

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... rum-synth/

I like that one, the UI is terrible but I've made myself start using it again and am having a lot of fun with it

There was a synth he released, from memory I think it was 4Mer, that had major problems. A lot of Ochen K fans bought it, got the shits with it, he got the shits with them & left the building. Can't remember if the bugs got fixed

• Information