Can not authorize Rack Extensions after reinstall

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
svenh

06 May 2021

A couple of months ago, I had to uninstall Reason because of hard disk space limits. I have solved that problem now and tried to install Reason again. I have downloaded the latest Reason installation file (Reason_1139_d22-Stable-184-Win.zip). When trying to start Reason, I get the message "Update Rack Extension licenses, Your Rack Extension licenses are not up-to-date for this computer. To use Rack Extensions, the new licenses must be downloaded." After I click the "Update Licenses" button, I get the errors shown in the attacted image.
LicenseError.JPG
LicenseError.JPG (93.63 KiB) Viewed 855 times
Almost a week ago, I contacted Reason support and the next day they asked me to make sure that I am not using a proxy server. They also wanted me to temporarily switch of anti-virus/firewall applications. I tested these things without success and since then I heard nothing from support.

Tired of waiting to get up and running with Reason again, I ask if anyone in this forum knows what to do?...

Thanks,
Sven

DaveyG

06 May 2021

If you have not already tried it, go online to your account page and press the sync all button. Try it at least twice.

If that fails, manually delete the contents of the RE folder and try sync all again. Locations:

macOS: ~/Library/Application Support/Propellerhead Software/RackExtensions
Windows: %AppData%\Propellerhead Software\RackExtensions

If that fails, uninstall everything, including Authorizer, and manually clean out all of the folders listed in this thread then reinstall:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7514631

svenh

06 May 2021

Thanks a lot DaveyG for your prompt reply - problem solved now!
DaveyG wrote:
06 May 2021
If that fails, manually delete the contents of the RE folder and try sync all again. Locations:

Years ago, I setup a symbolic link in Windows to store my rack extensions on my D: drive. I had forgotten about this and when I upgraded my D: drive, the symbolic link was not valid anymore. Now I have set up a link to the new drive and everything seems to be working as it should again.

Thanks a lot again for your help - I am happy again! :D

DaveyG

06 May 2021

svenh wrote:
06 May 2021
DaveyG wrote:
06 May 2021

Years ago, I setup a symbolic link in Windows to store my rack extensions on my D: drive. I had forgotten about this and when I upgraded my D: drive, the symbolic link was not valid anymore. Now I have set up a link to the new drive and everything seems to be working as it should again.

:thumbup:

Neo

21 Jun 2021

svenh wrote:
06 May 2021
DaveyG wrote:
06 May 2021

Issues again after a few trials and random purchases. No more annoying pop-up on load.
Thank you for asking and DaveyG for solution. :thumbup:
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (24.7 KiB) Viewed 698 times
:reason: :re: :ignition: Atari 1040ST | R11 Suite 🡭 R12 | i7 | RME

• Information