Noise Engineering on sale

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Loque

15 Apr 2020

Both bundles on sale. If you already have them, be carefull not to buy them again, because the shop would let you.

Defenetly not my workhorse synths, but always worth experimenting with. I used one percussive synth in my last song (kicks in at 2:20) for a filter modulated noisy sound.

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/bund ... -bundle-2/

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/bund ... -bundle-1/
Reason12, Win10

antic604

16 Apr 2020

I'm really surprised NE completelly missed the opportunity to adertise those REs more when Reason 11 came out, making it possible for anyone to use them in other DAWs! I even mailed them with such a suggestion, but they ignored it... :(

Good stuff, but I think the discounted price should be the regular one. They're mostly one trick ponies. Awesome if you're looking for that particular sound, but otherwise pretty limited.
Music tech enthusiast.
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder.
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

madmacman

16 Apr 2020

antic604 wrote:
16 Apr 2020
Good stuff, but I think the discounted price should be the regular one. They're mostly one trick ponies. Awesome if you're looking for that particular sound, but otherwise pretty limited.
I wouldn't call them "one trick ponies", but they may not pour the same magic as their hardware counterparts, where they shine with heavy modulation.

Loque

16 Apr 2020

madmacman wrote:
16 Apr 2020
antic604 wrote:
16 Apr 2020
I wouldn't call them "one trick ponies", but they may not pour the same magic as their hardware counterparts, where they shine with heavy modulation.
Flip the rack and modulate the sh!t out of them!

Maybe they add audio rate modulation in future too - not sure if this would improve the sound much, but why not :-D
Reason12, Win10

PhillipOrdonez

16 Apr 2020

Which of the two is the best option if you have none of them?

madmacman

16 Apr 2020

Loque wrote:
16 Apr 2020
madmacman wrote:
16 Apr 2020
Flip the rack and modulate the sh!t out of them!
I know :P, but I must confess, for heavy modulation I prefer hands-on hardware over Reason. With the growth of my Eurorack over the past years I lost interest in the "backside" of Reason.

zoidkirb

16 Apr 2020

Love the second bundle. If money was no object I'd snap up the first bundle too.

I find them pretty versatile. As others have said, you need to really utilize the CV to get the most out of them.
If you are willing to use a separate filter and envelope inside of a combinator you can create some even more 'normal' type sounds.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

16 Apr 2020

zoidkirb wrote:
16 Apr 2020
Love the second bundle. If money was no object I'd snap up the first bundle too.

I find them pretty versatile. As others have said, you need to really utilize the CV to get the most out of them.
If you are willing to use a separate filter and envelope inside of a combinator you can create some even more 'normal' type sounds.
Bought bundle 2 for €13. Still don’t have a clue what to do with it.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

FLVZ

16 Apr 2020

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
16 Apr 2020
Bundle two has more devices. Some of which may be based on the 1st bundle IRRC. After getting the 1st bundle I really want the second bundle now, after trialing it in the past. They make some wicked sounds, really useful for layering; as with a bit of cv modulation you can get a lot of texture and timbre out these devices!

antic604

16 Apr 2020

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
16 Apr 2020
Don't take my word for it, but main distinction IMO was that 1st bundle is more geared towards percussive / bassline sounds, whereas the 2nd can create more extended / longer sounds, like leads & pads.
Music tech enthusiast.
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder.
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

zoidkirb

16 Apr 2020

MrFigg wrote:
16 Apr 2020
zoidkirb wrote:
16 Apr 2020

Add a bunch of LFO's , some midi triggered envelopes. TAB, plug a different one into each CV input, TAB again, go crazy with every setting you can find until it sounds pleasant. Kinda gotta hope you pick an appropriate module somehow first. For more typical sounds I think I usually go for module 2 or 3 first up.

Loque

16 Apr 2020

MrFigg wrote:
16 Apr 2020
zoidkirb wrote:
16 Apr 2020

Since i did not yet learned the name, do what i do: randomly pick one and create sounds. Later pick up those sounds in your songs.
Reason12, Win10

moneykube

18 Apr 2020

MrFigg wrote:
16 Apr 2020
I wish !!!!!.... picked up bundle 2 and played around a bit... odd devices... must rtfm... I love the fact panda generated some patches for them !
not a big cv usuer yet... this may force me in that direction lol
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

Loque

18 Apr 2020

moneykube wrote:
18 Apr 2020
MrFigg wrote:
16 Apr 2020
I wish !!!!!.... picked up bundle 2 and played around a bit... odd devices... must rtfm... I love the fact panda generated some patches for them !
I have done a few patches in the last sale. Give em a try and take a look at the back if you like:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=7513284

And another one just for testing:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7514268
Reason12, Win10

MrFigg
Competition Winner

18 Apr 2020

Loque wrote:
18 Apr 2020
moneykube wrote:
18 Apr 2020

I have done a few patches in the last sale. Give em a try and take a look at the back if you like:

Thanks for the patches Loque. I’ll check them out tomorrow. To be perfectly honest I haven’t looked at them at all really since I bought them. And I only bought bundle 2 because Props messed up and had it in sale for €13. I’ll have another play.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

moneykube

18 Apr 2020

Loque wrote:
18 Apr 2020
moneykube wrote:
18 Apr 2020

awesome thanks for the examples bro
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

• Information