The Player Of My Dreams!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Mmj85

24 Jan 2020

:lightbulb: Hello everyone, here is an idea...

I noticed Waves just released a new vocoder (OVox) device with some interesting MIDI to Harmony capabilities. Check it out in action to get the jizz of it here:

MIDI feature starts
From 2:16 To 4:36 in video

20200124_004335.jpg
20200124_004335.jpg (410.91 KiB) Viewed 830 times

Wouldn't it be awesome to have this capability or something similar as a Player in Reason Studios??

Is this possible?

Bes
Competition Winner

24 Jan 2020

have you looked at chordline by tonic mint?
- Certified Reason expert

reddust

24 Jan 2020

I'm going to go for this plugin too, really like how it sounds and its features, but I tried the demo yesterday and couldn't make the plugin show up in Reason, I've written Waves support already and I hope I get a solution, I would really like to test it over the weekend.

BTW, there is a similar player in ANA2, it's called Chord Memory Device there and I find it very useful too, you can also combine it with its arpeggiator as well

Loque

24 Jan 2020

In the past i tried this by using Neptune as a trigger, but i failed since Neptune does not put out the full note range instead of just the note of the octave AFAIR. I could have made so many cool things with it...I also made a feature request to PH years ago, i mean YEARS AGO! You know what has happened...

As soon if i have a bit more time, i will try it with Bitspeak....
Reason12, Win10

Mmj85

24 Jan 2020

Bes wrote:
24 Jan 2020
have you looked at chordline by tonic mint?
Wait, can you get this functionality with chordline?
I must of missed this one from the shop.
I was hoping for a similar interface from OVox since it looks super simple and intuitive to work inside the keyboard view.

Can you really get something similar from chordline?

reddust wrote:
24 Jan 2020
I'm going to go for this plugin too, really like how it sounds and its features, but I tried the demo yesterday and couldn't make the plugin show up in Reason, I've written Waves support already and I hope I get a solution, I would really like to test it over the weekend.

BTW, there is a similar player in ANA2, it's called Chord Memory Device there and I find it very useful too, you can also combine it with its arpeggiator as well

Actually have not tried OVox yet in reason due to not needing a vocoder at the time and was not aware of the issues inside our inveroment, hopefully they soon find a fix.
Interesting.. Ana2 looks cool. I'll have to demo this myself.
The OVox have a very simple and quick programming setup that I just love to see in a reason player.

Loque wrote:
24 Jan 2020
In the past i tried this by using Neptune as a trigger, but i failed since Neptune does not put out the full note range instead of just the note of the octave AFAIR. I could have made so many cool things with it...I also made a feature request to PH years ago, i mean YEARS AGO! You know what has happened...

As soon if i have a bit more time, i will try it with Bitspeak....
Yes yes, Neptune is cool to work with but I can see how you hit a wall and not getting this kind of functionality from it.

I love Bitspeak! The ability to convert notes from your vocals is extremely awesome!
I think the OVox (live mode set) might be possible inside Reason Studios combining the Bitspeak, CVPT and then the dream player. Right?

Side note:
(This kind of stuff is awesome to think of by the way!!)
sorry for my nerdiness gentlemen :geek:

• Information