Kuassa's Matchlock RE is released

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Marco Raaphorst

10 Jun 2019

Here's my review, including sound examples:
https://melodiefabriek.com/blog/kuassa- ... ck-review/

dimi

10 Jun 2019

Great review! Thanks :)

Marco Raaphorst

11 Jun 2019

dimi wrote:
10 Jun 2019
Great review! Thanks :)
cheers!

dimi

11 Jun 2019

Tremolo, Chorus, Fuzz and Clean Amp....What else ?
GARBAGE.I think I'm paranoid.
Tones will be ready tomorrow
:puf_wink:

MrFigg
Competition Winner

11 Jun 2019

Marco Raaphorst wrote:
10 Jun 2019
Marco. Help me out here if you will. I’ve been checking out Dimi’s Matchlock tones then substituting Matchlock with Vermillion and turning up the treble which results in a more agreeable sound to my ears. No matter what I do I just can’t get myself to like Matchlock and believe me when I say I really want to. I had a Fender transistor amp In the 80s and hated it for 20 years. To me Matchlock sounds the same as that one. As you know I’ve got a HotRod deluxe now which literally plays itself and the time from that amp is the loveliest (hmmm) I’ve ever heard. So what do you think I’m doing wrong. That’s maybe too hard a question. Thanks. Asking just because you seem to like it so much.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

dimi

11 Jun 2019

I like it too :D
Post a sample with your playing and please upload your DI guitar too. Also, a few examples of the tone that you are looking for!
Oh, your chain? Audio Interface and guitars, cables :)
I'm ready to help!

MrFigg
Competition Winner

11 Jun 2019

dimi wrote:
11 Jun 2019
I like it too :D
Post a sample with your playing and please upload your DI guitar too. Also, a few examples of the tone that you are looking for!
Oh, your chain? Audio Interface and guitars, cables :)
I'm ready to help!
Thanks for the offer Dimi. I’m too shy :).
I just want it to sound valve-y and warm and round. I can only get a transistor type sound out of it. I use Vermillion as my go to. Please understand that I’m in no way putting this RE down. Just saying I can’t get a sound I like. I’ve got about a week left in my trial so I’ll keep plugging away. I know I’m going to end up buying it at some point anyway ha ha.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

dimi

11 Jun 2019

Samples and examples would be great! Shyness is unnecessary 😍😀

MrFigg
Competition Winner

11 Jun 2019

dimi wrote:
11 Jun 2019
Samples and examples would be great! Shyness is unnecessary 😍😀
Haha :). I know. And thankyou for the offer of analysis. :)
But still no :). I’ve not posted any music up until now but have intention to do so sometime...but not until I’m happy with it. You know how it is :).
Thanks again man. I’ll give it another week.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Marco Raaphorst

11 Jun 2019

MrFigg wrote:
11 Jun 2019
Marco Raaphorst wrote:
10 Jun 2019
Marco. Help me out here if you will. I’ve been checking out Dimi’s Matchlock tones then substituting Matchlock with Vermillion and turning up the treble which results in a more agreeable sound to my ears. No matter what I do I just can’t get myself to like Matchlock and believe me when I say I really want to. I had a Fender transistor amp In the 80s and hated it for 20 years. To me Matchlock sounds the same as that one. As you know I’ve got a HotRod deluxe now which literally plays itself and the time from that amp is the loveliest (hmmm) I’ve ever heard. So what do you think I’m doing wrong. That’s maybe too hard a question. Thanks. Asking just because you seem to like it so much.
Not sure if you're doing anything wrong, maybe you simply prefer Vermillion over Matchlock?

MrFigg
Competition Winner

11 Jun 2019

Marco Raaphorst wrote:
11 Jun 2019

Not sure if you're doing anything wrong, maybe you simply prefer Vermillion over Matchlock?
Actually...that’s probably it. :)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

manisnotabird

11 Jun 2019

Kinda weird there’s a “tweed bass 4x10” cabinet but not a Super Reverb 4x10 option.

dimi

13 Jun 2019

Hi everyone!
You can test and play with this project today :D
Have a great one!
https://dimitones.wordpress.com/2019/06 ... y-bandlab/

MrFigg
Competition Winner

14 Jun 2019

Listened to Teenage Fanclub on my way home from work. Got home, plugged in my guitar, loaded up Caliburn , played a three part harmony. Swapped out Caliburn for Matchlock (you know, just to see) and tweaked a bit. Now I’m €35 poorer but 100% more satisfied. I kneeeeew it!!!
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

aeox
Competition Winner

16 Jun 2019

A song I'm working on, using matchlock as saturation on 95% of the sounds! No guitar required to benefit from this RE.

Last edited by aeox on 28 Jun 2019, edited 2 times in total.

dimi

17 Jun 2019

Great track and mix!
:o

aeox
Competition Winner

22 Jun 2019

dimi wrote:
17 Jun 2019
Great track and mix!
:o
Thanks!

gullum

22 Jun 2019

only Kuassa amps Matchlock on all guitars except right rhythm guitar uses Caliburn, Solo is also Matchlock
Also use DS3603 CP3603 CH3604

Ottostrom

23 Jun 2019

I wanna start off by saying that I have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to electric guitar. I've been wanting to make more indie rock sounding tracks lately but every time I struggle to get a guitar tone that I'm satisfied with and that sits well with other elements. Decided to test out Matchlock to see if it would be easier to use than Vermilion and ended up buying it after like 10 min of testing :D

To echo what Marco said in his review: I'm not looking for heavy overdrive and want my amp to sound clean / a little dirty, and Matchlock is perfect for this.
I'm especially impressed by the low-end of this amp. Even when strumming my heart out it remains clean and controlled, I love it!
Thank you Kuassa for yet another top notch RE :)

MrFigg
Competition Winner

23 Jun 2019

Ottostrom wrote:
23 Jun 2019
I wanna start off by saying that I have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to electric guitar. I've been wanting to make more indie rock sounding tracks lately but every time I struggle to get a guitar tone that I'm satisfied with and that sits well with other elements. Decided to test out Matchlock to see if it would be easier to use than Vermilion and ended up buying it after like 10 min of testing :D

To echo what Marco said in his review: I'm not looking for heavy overdrive and want my amp to sound clean / a little dirty, and Matchlock is perfect for this.
I'm especially impressed by the low-end of this amp. Even when strumming my heart out it remains clean and controlled, I love it!
Thank you Kuassa for yet another top notch RE :)
I’ve got to agree with you. After a bit of trepidation with Matchlock I recorded a guitar track and did a side comparison with Vermillion (my most used amp sim). After a bit of dialing Matchlock won it. Now we just need some sort of Vox.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

selig
RE Developer

23 Jun 2019

MrFigg wrote:
23 Jun 2019
…Now we just need some sort of Vox.
YES, please!
Selig Audio, LLC

motuscott

23 Jun 2019

Too much fun.
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

aeox
Competition Winner

27 Jun 2019

selig wrote:
23 Jun 2019
MrFigg wrote:
23 Jun 2019
…Now we just need some sort of Vox.
YES, please!
My first amp was a vox.. loved that thing!

• Information