Compression REs

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
sleep1979

07 Jun 2019

sleep1979 wrote:
07 Jun 2019
Marco Raaphorst wrote:
07 Jun 2019

not sure, might be very nice, the Waves version though sucks big time imo.
im not a good authority tbh I never tried it didn't like the stuff I had to go through to install it lol
if u want the account I can see if I still have it and send it your way if u wanna try it ill never ever use it

Marco Raaphorst

08 Jun 2019

sleep1979 wrote:
07 Jun 2019
sleep1979 wrote:
07 Jun 2019

im not a good authority tbh I never tried it didn't like the stuff I had to go through to install it lol
if u want the account I can see if I still have it and send it your way if u wanna try it ill never ever use it
I'm fine, thanks for the offer!

sleep1979

08 Jun 2019

Marco Raaphorst wrote:
08 Jun 2019
sleep1979 wrote:
07 Jun 2019

I'm fine, thanks for the offer!
Ok bro no problemo

boosto23

12 Jun 2019

I would like to give some props to the McDSP compressors, available at the RE shop. I own the 6030 collection (plugin version), and I had an opportunity to demo and purchase the often-praised UAD versions of the Fairchild and VariMu compressors. After a few tests, I felt that having the McDSP version made the UAD versions redundant.

What impressed me the most was how both modeled versions of the Fairchild grabbed the source material similarly in a very unique "Fairchild" fashion. Both versions of the VariMu were very transparent, and though I did notice that the McDSP and UAD versions did have a few differences, it wasn't enough to say one was "better" than the other.

Integrating the compressors into the Reason rack is enough of an advantage to tempt me into purchasing the RE versions of these compressors, even though I already have the VST versions. Since I work primarily with Reason, the rack integration would help my workflow significantly. Additionally, the VST version does not support key/side-chain input capability, but the RE versions do. This would be very helpful for using these compressors as a bus comp, when you want a different flavor from the SSL.

• Information