wiz audio oscillator!!!!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
scratchnsnifff

21 Jul 2018

so iv posted many times about how there should be a modular oscillator that has many CV options. I never noticed the wizaudio oscillator. it can do PWM. the width setting can make a Bend + and - plus any other phase distortion type modulations!

happy camper right here!
would be nice to see a device that does what this one does, but has the ability to morph between a few wave shapes.
so far i know you can route CV to the level of each band and make a wave morphing sequence which is close

worth getting if into modular setups
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

Loque

21 Jul 2018

Europa and Expanse can do this.
Reason12, Win10

emilng

21 Jul 2018

It would be great to hear an example of what you mean that has you so excited! My favorite synths for getting morphing oscillator sounds these days are Nostromo and Parsec. Even though they're not transforming a single waveform and don't technically let you draw your own waveform I like the end result that comes out of them. As Loque said Europa and Expanse might be able to create similar sounds, but it sounds like you're interested in a specific cv workflow that you might not get out of those synths?

Auryn

21 Jul 2018

scratchnsnifff wrote:
21 Jul 2018
so iv posted many times about how there should be a modular oscillator that has many CV options. I never noticed the wizaudio oscillator. it can do PWM. the width setting can make a Bend + and - plus any other phase distortion type modulations!

happy camper right here!
would be nice to see a device that does what this one does, but has the ability to morph between a few wave shapes.
so far i know you can route CV to the level of each band and make a wave morphing sequence which is close

I don't know if you own Oberon, but I can highly recommend that for modular work, it can morph between 4 user definable shapes per patch, or even more if you use the wavetable import function. Has a lot of CV ins (some fixed, some definable via the mod matrix). Best part: it has 8 modular outputs, so you can build your own polyphonic modular instruments. (use it in conjunction with Blamsoft's Polymodular System if you want to get the most out of it)
~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-
Quixotic Sound Design: http://www.quixoticsounddesign.com
Europandemonium Refill: https://gumroad.com/l/YxIGB

PSoames

21 Jul 2018

scratchnsnifff wrote:
21 Jul 2018

happy camper right here!

I like the purity and simplicity of the Wiz oscilators. As a starting point for modular experimentation, both the Table and Additive Oscillators are excellent and offer a detailed level of control with CV.

scratchnsnifff

23 Jul 2018

Auryn wrote:
21 Jul 2018
scratchnsnifff wrote:
21 Jul 2018

happy camper right here!

I don't know if you own Oberon, but I can highly recommend that for modular work, it can morph between 4 user definable shapes per patch, or even more if you use the wavetable import function. Has a lot of CV ins (some fixed, some definable via the mod matrix). Best part: it has 8 modular outputs, so you can build your own polyphonic modular instruments. (use it in conjunction with Blamsoft's Polymodular System if you want to get the most out of it)
I haven’t tried using Oberon in a modular fashion. But I could see it being a great tool. It would be nice if someone made an Oberon type oscillator for strictly modular use. I tend to like the small devices that don’t have filters and other non core components.

Still my favorite idea is a semi modular synth similar to Thor. And with the way the sdk is going it’s absolutely possible that a developer could take on making a new Thor using the rack extension technology.

But back to on topic, I’ll have to try throwing Oberon in my modular setups :D
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

• Information