Lectric Panda's Spektrum RE

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
antic604

23 May 2018

https://shop.propellerheads.se/rack-ext ... l-monitor/

For some reason I can't try it (perhaps I did in the past?) but have to questions:
- is it possible it will be enhanced to provide several - say 4 - inputs / throughs to make it a multi-channel spectrum analyzer or - alternatively - pre vs. post effect spectrum analyzer?
- if above isn't planned, then if I'd connect one channel to L/Mono and second channel to Right would I see two graphs on the screen? there's no manual & video only shows mono signals

aeox
Competition Winner

23 May 2018

antic604 wrote:
23 May 2018
https://shop.propellerheads.se/rack-ext ... l-monitor/

For some reason I can't try it (perhaps I did in the past?) but have to questions:
- is it possible it will be enhanced to provide several - say 4 - inputs / throughs to make it a multi-channel spectrum analyzer or - alternatively - pre vs. post effect spectrum analyzer?
- if above isn't planned, then if I'd connect one channel to L/Mono and second channel to Right would I see two graphs on the screen? there's no manual & video only shows mono signals

https://shop.propellerheads.se/rack-ext ... -analyzer/
Might be what you are looking for.

madmacman

23 May 2018

iirc there was wa quad spectrum analyzer in the shop - but with mixed reviews. Main issue was the slow display responsiveness due to limited resource management of the SDK (assumed)

(I remember almost correctly: https://shop.propellerheads.se/rack-ext ... -analyzer/ )

Spektrum does show its graph as "sum" of both channels. The free Rob Papen RPSpec does what you want (splitting L/R), but at much reduced graphics. Not ideal for monitoring whats really going on.

EDIT: Ok, a little too late ;)

antic604

23 May 2018

Gents, thanks!
I was aware of Optic and its mixed reviews / feedback, although it does look like what I'm wanting indeed.
Too bad about Spektrum showing sum of both channels - hope this can be updated in the future?
I'll check RPSpec, but it was indeed pretty slow in updating the graph.

Loque

23 May 2018

antic604 wrote:
23 May 2018
Gents, thanks!
I was aware of Optic and its mixed reviews / feedback, although it does look like what I'm wanting indeed.
Too bad about Spektrum showing sum of both channels - hope this can be updated in the future?
I'll check RPSpec, but it was indeed pretty slow in updating the graph.
I cross fingers for a GUI or graphics performance boost in Reason and its SDK. If it ever might happen, than i cross fingers for optimizations and improvements to the now pretty old RE.
Reason12, Win10

EdGrip

23 May 2018

Could be simpler just to get a VST for this job and just have it pinned somewhere on screen? It won't be hobbled by SDK limitations.

antic604

23 May 2018

EdGrip wrote:
23 May 2018
Could be simpler just to get a VST for this job and just have it pinned somewhere on screen? It won't be hobbled by SDK limitations.
Yeah, that's what I do but - somehow - in Reason I prefer to limit myself to REs exclusively :)

rcbuse
RE Developer

23 May 2018

There have been a ton of improvements to the SDK since I wrote Skope and Spektrum. I've been thinking of making some sort of all-in-one signal viewer with more options that uses all the newer features. I could actually do multiple channels of CV, Audio and Spectrums.

antic604

23 May 2018

rcbuse wrote:
23 May 2018
There have been a ton of improvements to the SDK since I wrote Skope and Spektrum. I've been thinking of making some sort of all-in-one signal viewer with more options that uses all the newer features. I could actually do multiple channels of CV, Audio and Spectrums.
I'd pay for that :)

And for that...

Loque

23 May 2018

rcbuse wrote:
23 May 2018
:o :thumbs_up:
Reason12, Win10

Boombastix
Competition Winner

15 Jun 2018

rcbuse wrote:
23 May 2018
I think a useful feature for a spectrum analyser would be to have the ability to run a reference track through it and get an average response curve that you freeze, and then be able to save that curve as a patch and keep that curve in the background as static curve for reference. I could see usefulness for a small library of my own for several reference tracks to call up depending on what I'm working on, and even have saved references for various segments of a reference track that I can pull up, say, a segment with drums incl kick , then another segment with drums + bass and so on.

I also would like to have a scope with a trigger function so that every time a sound comes in (say a snare) that snare wave stays to the left in the view and triggers on a set trig level, kind of like my hardware lab scope can do (incl X, Y-offset). Maybe even set the trig to only trig for a segment of a 1, 2, 3, or 4 bar loop, so you can get a static trig view of say the second snare in the third bar.
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

Faastwalker

16 Jun 2018

rcbuse wrote:
23 May 2018
Shut up ......... and take my money (again) :puf_bigsmile:

• Information