Jiggery Pokery Reverb?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Catblack

03 May 2018

JiggeryPokery wrote:
02 May 2018
TheNoog wrote:
02 May 2018
Just like PH to deprive people from a real device.
Can't blame them for this one, this was self-inflicted :p
I'm glad you are taking the time to get it right, especially the remotables. I just wish you could add us all as beta testers so we could play with it tonight!
If you ain't hip to the rare Housequake, shut up already.

Damn.

Steedus
Competition Winner

04 May 2018

Sounds great, can't wait to try it out.

Faastwalker

08 May 2018

With all the excitement around the Reason update, sample import for Europa & the new Players ..........

........... I'm still really hanging for Animus! Hope it's release has not been held up by recent events! :-/

aeox
Competition Winner

08 May 2018

Faastwalker wrote:
08 May 2018
With all the excitement around the Reason update, sample import for Europa & the new Players ..........

........... I'm still really hanging for Animus! Hope it's release has not been held up by recent events! :-/
Yea I'm more excited about this than I am about 10.1 and the upcoming vst performance improvements at the end of the year.

Wonder what's taking it so long to show up in the shop?

Steedus
Competition Winner

08 May 2018

Yeah couldn't care less about (buying) players or sample loading in Europa .. bring on the shimmer!

Voyager

09 May 2018

There are somes devices that i'm getting into them pretty much fast. I own Chenille and Steerpike and as those Animus look gorgeous. The downside for me is that i have hard time to get into them and this as clean and well organize the gui look it still don't click with my brain. Note that i didn't read their respective manuals yet ( i'll do have a look at some point ) but sometimes it doesn't even help because of the lack of my technical knowledge and the english barrier language which is not my native one.

Some deep inside videos tutorials about those devices would be very welcome for people like me ( if exist please link ).

Faastwalker

09 May 2018

Steedus wrote:
08 May 2018
Yeah couldn't care less about (buying) players or sample loading in Europa .. bring on the shimmer!
Reason updates are always exciting. Some interesting possibilities with the Players having i/o, which was unexpected ........... but I digress! BRING US THE ANIMUS!! :shock:

Reasonable man

12 May 2018

Voyager wrote:
09 May 2018
There are somes devices that i'm getting into them pretty much fast. I own Chenille and Steerpike and as those Animus look gorgeous. The downside for me is that i have hard time to get into them and this as clean and well organize the gui look it still don't click with my brain. Note that i didn't read their respective manuals yet ( i'll do have a look at some point ) but sometimes it doesn't even help because of the lack of my technical knowledge and the english barrier language which is not my native one.

Some deep inside videos tutorials about those devices would be very welcome for people like me ( if exist please link ).
I agree. I can imagine myself using Chenille alot as its probably one of the most advanced Chorus effects around . I get from the info that its based on some sort of vintage hardware chorus (of which i know nothing) and therefore i find it complicated to work out what all the parameters are for or how ceratin knobs are changing the sound. Really want to take advantage of this device but its scary to operate for me at the moment. If anyone is familiar with this device im sure alot of people would benifit from a 5 min basics tutorial on using it in a practical sense. Some of the presets are wild.

Loque

14 May 2018

"The Animus Shimmerverb Ensemble" is out:
https://shop.propellerheads.se/rack-ext ... -ensemble/
Reason12, Win10

Faastwalker

14 May 2018

Loque wrote:
14 May 2018
Hooray! Downloading NOW

aeox
Competition Winner

14 May 2018

Loque wrote:
14 May 2018
:D :D

kefkekeyser

14 May 2018

Does it sound the same as Valhalla Shimmer VST or Eventide H9 Shimmer?
Can someone make a video that compares Valhalla Shimmer VST, Eventide H9 Shimmer and this new reverb?

Faastwalker

14 May 2018

Oh my word! I think I've died & gone to heaven! Been trying some Europa pads, all effects disabled, play a couple of notes / chords, run through Animus ................... Pay day Wednesday. Decided after about 5 minutes I was buying this. Very, very nice. Absolutely lush washes of sound. I'm not sure what wizardry is at work here. Will take me some time to get my head around this one, partly due to just getting lost in just playing with the presets. I don't know how this compares to something like an Eventide H9. That's a serious bit of kit. I love the demo videos I've heard. Never used one. But I'm getting the same kind of goosebumps from Animus for sure. Sold to me.

aeox
Competition Winner

14 May 2018

Faastwalker wrote:
14 May 2018
Oh my word! I think I've died & gone to heaven! Been trying some Europa pads, all effects disabled, play a couple of notes / chords, run through Animus ................... Pay day Wednesday. Decided after about 5 minutes I was buying this. Very, very nice. Absolutely lush washes of sound. I'm not sure what wizardry is at work here. Will take me some time to get my head around this one, partly due to just getting lost in just playing with the presets. I don't know how this compares to something like an Eventide H9. That's a serious bit of kit. I love the demo videos I've heard. Never used one. But I'm getting the same kind of goosebumps from Animus for sure. Sold to me.
It's great!

Steedus
Competition Winner

14 May 2018

Love it, congrats. Just wish some of the convo reverbs were longer ( I like loooong tails), but the spring ones are fantastic on their own for guitar.

Bumbum

14 May 2018

examples sound great but i would like to have tutorial video,what every knob actually does? Maybe hydlide will do one.
Is this device path to dub techno chord wormhole?

guitfnky

14 May 2018

kefkekeyser wrote:
14 May 2018
Does it sound the same as Valhalla Shimmer VST or Eventide H9 Shimmer?
Can someone make a video that compares Valhalla Shimmer VST, Eventide H9 Shimmer and this new reverb?
I haven’t actually used Valhalla’s, but I’ve watched a lot of videos on it to see if it would work for me. I downloaded Animus this morning and by the third preset, I already had a keeper of a guitar part with it. normally I hate using presets, but this thing sounds amazing. if you’re worried how the sound quality holds up against Valhalla, I’m comfortable saying you shouldn’t be.

if you’re more concerned with similarity/distinctness of features, I can’t say for sure. there’s a lot of control to be had, here, but so far, I haven’t been able to dive into do much tweaking. my guess is, it probably does a lot more than Valhalla, feature-wise.
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

Voyager

14 May 2018

Bumbum wrote:
14 May 2018

examples sound great but i would like to have tutorial video,what every knob actually does? Maybe hydlide will do one.

I advise you to check the user guide. It's clear and easy enough to understand even for a non native english speaker like me.

https://shop.propellerheads.se/media/pr ... ble_RE.pdf

Bumbum

14 May 2018

Voyager wrote:
14 May 2018
Bumbum wrote:
14 May 2018

I advise you to check the user guide. It's clear and easy enough to understand even for a non native english speaker like me.

https://shop.propellerheads.se/media/pr ... ble_RE.pdf
Thanks,that was good guide

geronimo

14 May 2018

Faastwalker wrote:
14 May 2018
Oh my word! I think I've died & gone to heaven! Been trying some Europa pads, all effects disabled, play a couple of notes / chords, run through Animus ................... Pay day Wednesday. Decided after about 5 minutes I was buying this. Very, very nice.
That's exactly what I feel and I go after a first opening and testing of this Animus. :lol:
Fantastic.

Exowildebeest

14 May 2018

It's awesome :)

One little point of criticism though: the pitch knobs don't snap nicely to semitones. That'll make OCD people uncomfortable.

Catblack

14 May 2018

I've been playing a lot of old plucky melody things through it for the past hour. It's really wonderful. My initial impression is to call it the thoroughbred of one-trick ponies. I think I'll try running it through a Sunder splitter tonight and see how that sounds.

Really sounds best on a dryer signal that doesn't have a reverb on it already.
If you ain't hip to the rare Housequake, shut up already.

Damn.

guitfnky

14 May 2018

Exowildebeest wrote:
14 May 2018
It's awesome :)

One little point of criticism though: the pitch knobs don't snap nicely to semitones. That'll make OCD people uncomfortable.
yeah, that would be really useful. ctrl+clicking sets a couple of them to +/- 12/24, and to +/- 7/19, I think, which is nice, but getting it just right could be made less finicky. it doesn’t always get where you want easily even holding the shift key.
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

Faastwalker

14 May 2018

Steerpike is getting an update as well I see from JB's Facebook page. Hope there's a bundle as I don't have Steerpike yet. Lost in delay & reverb for days!!

aeox
Competition Winner

14 May 2018

Faastwalker wrote:
14 May 2018
Steerpike is getting an update as well I see from JB's Facebook page. Hope there's a bundle as I don't have Steerpike yet. Lost in delay & reverb for days!!
I should have waited to see if there would be a bundle..

Ended up just buying Animus not thinking about it. :/

• Information