eXpanse 3.0 is out!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Loque

17 Oct 2017

Emian wrote:
16 Oct 2017
It would be cool if trials could be reset. I tried version 1 last year, but now we are 2 versions further and I'd like to try the wavetable-import and new additions ....

Verstuurd vanaf mijn FEVER met Tapatalk
Make a subscription. For 9€ you can test a bunch of devices for a month.
Reason12, Win10

kungubu

17 Oct 2017

Loque wrote:
17 Oct 2017
Emian wrote:
16 Oct 2017
It would be cool if trials could be reset. I tried version 1 last year, but now we are 2 versions further and I'd like to try the wavetable-import and new additions ....

Make a subscription. For 9€ you can test a bunch of devices for a month.
Considering the current price – 59€ – it feels like I don't need a new trial.

chaosroyale

17 Oct 2017

Finally, a genuine full-powered rival to Serum in the "modern wavetable hypersynth" category.. and at 59€??? this is an incredible, ridiculous bargain.

scratchnsnifff

17 Oct 2017

chaosroyale wrote:
17 Oct 2017
Finally, a genuine full-powered rival to Serum in the "modern wavetable hypersynth" category.. and at 59€??? this is an incredible, ridiculous bargain.
Poor ol codex is collecting dust because expanse :)
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

CephaloPod

17 Oct 2017

Any new patches with V 3.0?
2011 iMac i7; 24 GB RAM; OSX Sierra; Nektar LX 49; MOTU Microbook
Reason/Logic

FGL

18 Oct 2017

Are there some patches inside that use the new functions? I don't see any. But I also have only checked a bunch of patches. It would be fine to see what some others have done with this new possibilities.

Loque

18 Oct 2017

AFAIK there are no new patches. But i would not be surprised, if some great refills will be released soon.
Reason12, Win10

FGL

18 Oct 2017

Too bad. This is, of course, not a real substitute. Then I am sure with the Reason-10 devices busy enough.

moneykube

18 Oct 2017

bought in moment of weakness... looks good though
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

Viscor

18 Oct 2017

Seems like you can't update while it's running on subscription.

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

18 Oct 2017

Emian wrote:
16 Oct 2017

I know that people have pointed out the $9 subscription however you should have got your self on the Beta program.

Loque

18 Oct 2017

FGL wrote:
18 Oct 2017
Too bad. This is, of course, not a real substitute. Then I am sure with the Reason-10 devices busy enough.
Well, i think they already offer a lot with this update and you pay only 59 for the whole synth. Why not make your own sounds like this one here. I tried to come up with some piano like stuff that is, well, not really a piano.
Reason12, Win10

Psuper

19 Oct 2017

Yes I feel Propellerhead should focus on "Reason" the back-end, the gui, the performance, the options. We should see Reasons 10's synths and libraries as REs we can purchase rather than have the core devs resources on synths and samples.

REs like eXpanse and others compete directly with Propellerhead Reason core upgrade offerings, yet RE makers cant create nor improve upon Reasons backend.

I kinda feel bad for Blam, this is a good synth and offering but I can't see justifying it if planning on the 10 upgrade.
Reason needs to DAW.viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7504985

seqoi

20 Oct 2017

Psuper wrote:
19 Oct 2017

REs like eXpanse and others compete directly with Propellerhead Reason core upgrade offerings, yet RE makers cant create nor improve upon Reasons backend.

I kinda feel bad for Blam, this is a good synth and offering but I can't see justifying it if planning on the 10 upgrade.
What you are talking about makes no sense at all. Everyone compete with everyone all the time. It's called market. And only the best survives. If you think Blam or anyone elses should stop making synths because "similar" is already in Reason then by that logic complete software world should stop spinning because there is already something competing with itself. Yet we see new software all released daily.

Plus expanse is a different beast to Europa. Not seeing it is more of your shortcoming not Blam.

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

20 Oct 2017

seqoi wrote:
20 Oct 2017
Psuper wrote:
19 Oct 2017

What you are talking about makes no sense at all. Everyone compete with everyone all the time. It's called market. And only the best survives. If you think Blam or anyone elses should stop making synths because "similar" is already in Reason then by that logic complete software world should stop spinning because there is already something competing with itself. Yet we see new software all released daily.

Plus expanse is a different beast to Europa. Not seeing it is more of your shortcoming not Blam.
Funny thing is I see this the other way around, why buy R10 when you already have Expanse, what was PH thinking when it decided to go up against Expanse and fall way way short from it. I see Europa for dummies (in a nice way like the books), a basic good sounding synth, just short of features and deepth.

madmacman

20 Oct 2017

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
20 Oct 2017
Funny thing is I see this the other way around, why buy R10 when you already have Expanse, what was PH thinking when it decided to go up against Expanse and fall way way short from it. I see Europa for dummies (in a nice way like the books), a basic good sounding synth, just short of features and deepth.
I don't argue against you, but there's lot to tell about "what was PH thinking":
  • lots of complaints during the past years about "dated" synths in Reason stock (including that infamous thread started by mrmyagi)
  • even more complaints about RE's sold by PH separately ("When do they add something amazing for free in the update?")
  • not to speak of the FSB and its content which lacks contributions to "that" modern sound (whatever it might be...)
Now they address exactly these complaints with new drumkits (including beloved classic drum machines), and a wavetable synth that at least has infamous supersaw right at your fingertips.

No need to buy extra RE's or VST's in the first run. You can start with R10 out of the box without feeling limited.

Again: this is not my personal opinion. It's just drawing conclusions from observation.

Psuper

20 Oct 2017

I feel Propellerhead should focus on "Reason" the back-end, the gui, the performance, the options.
This doesn't make sense to you Seqoi?

It's perfectly clear.

Propellerhead should focus on improving their DAW as a priority, not adding more sounds and samples . There's thousands of 3rd parties that provide sounds and samples, while Propellerhead alone can improve on what matters in DAWs - the back-end, the gui, the performance, the options.
Reason needs to DAW.viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7504985

sdst
Competition Winner

21 Oct 2017

This tremendous synth at that price is a no-brainer choice

every user should have it

moneykube

21 Oct 2017

I am very pleased with the purchase... wow... started downloading countless serum wavetables... bonus... you can make your own :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

Oquasec

21 Oct 2017

Yep. You can literally handcraft any wavetable.
Using tools like nnxt, tableosc or expanse.
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

seqoi

22 Oct 2017

Psuper wrote:
20 Oct 2017
I feel Propellerhead should focus on "Reason" the back-end, the gui, the performance, the options.
This doesn't make sense to you Seqoi?

It's perfectly clear.

Propellerhead should focus on improving their DAW as a priority, not adding more sounds and samples . There's thousands of 3rd parties that provide sounds and samples, while Propellerhead alone can improve on what matters in DAWs - the back-end, the gui, the performance, the options.
I think i misunderstood this arguing completely. I was referring to instruments not the samples. Just ignore my message i think i misunderstood everything (it would not be the first time).

Cheers

FGL

22 Oct 2017

Loque wrote:
18 Oct 2017
Well, i think they already offer a lot with this update and you pay only 59 for the whole synth. Why not make your own sounds like this one here. I tried to come up with some piano like stuff that is, well, not really a piano.
I too. I have it since 2.0.

JacobiusWrex

23 Oct 2017

I saw the sale and bought both zero and expanse ! Stoked to learn how to use them...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scratchnsnifff

24 Oct 2017

Oquasec wrote:
21 Oct 2017
Yep. You can literally handcraft any wavetable.
Using tools like nnxt, tableosc or expanse.
Europa as well :)
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

eXode

24 Oct 2017

FGL wrote:
18 Oct 2017
Are there some patches inside that use the new functions? I don't see any. But I also have only checked a bunch of patches. It would be fine to see what some others have done with this new possibilities.
There will be a small fix/update out soon that will include 50 new patches that are mostly focused on the various new features of 3.0.

• Information