4MER WaveShaper Synth is in the Shop!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Catblack

20 May 2017

EnochLight wrote:
Kombucha wrote:Down the track though, Spire will be on my radar for sure.
Well, you have less than 11 days before the price jumps from $59 USD to a very likely $189 USD. If you get to that point, I'd probably just pick up the VST instead (assuming you have Reason 9.5).
EnochLight, I usually respect your opinions and postings on this board, but damn, you sure are shilling hard for this buggy Rack Extension.
If you ain't hip to the rare Housequake, shut up already.

Damn.

challism

20 May 2017

esselfortium wrote:The visual waveshaping is fun as heck to play with, but the filters have never gotten along well with me, so I haven't used it much. Is it just me?
I agree, the waveshaping is amazingly fun to play with on 4MER. But when I use 4MER, I basically just bypass all the rest and run my own fx/filters later down the chain.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

am0eba

20 May 2017

Thought I posted a link to this track in this thread before, but apparently not. It's got 4 instances of 4MER... Definitely a non-refined sound, but pretty lively and unique, I think...

The only other tonal sound - excluding vocals, the tonality of which is debatable - is one Oberon track, pretty low in the mix, doing a kind of slippery Morse-code improvisation...

_Dave_
:reason: :re: :refill: :recycle: :PUF_figure: :PUF_take: :record: :rt:
"F" the ineffable! 
My music is available on iTunes, Amazon, Youtube, Spotify and CDBaby - more info:
http://2little2late.org/am0eba/

EnochLight

20 May 2017

Catblack wrote:EnochLight, I usually respect your opinions and postings on this board, but damn, you sure are shilling hard for this buggy Rack Extension.
It's all good, though I feel being called a shill might be a little extreme. ;) It's just a fantastic synth as an RE for the sale price, even with the bugginess, IMHO. That said, anyone on 9.5 most certainly should consider the VST instead (if they miss out on the sale price), if not for the high def GUI/UX and dark theme. At the end of the day, you get it in Reason (along with access to its 3rd party library right off the bat).

But... I don't want to digress from this 4Mer thread. I was just chiming in on my thoughts on 4Mer vs. ReSpire for Kombucha.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

tomba

20 May 2017

I have to say I recently a/bed a bunch or reason Synth ext.'s and 4MER has that special something that is missing from the other synths exts.

Now of course EVERY synth has about ONE or two usable sounds out of the box be it useful etc but 4MER has some sounds in it that coupled with existing sounds just really compliment

I wouldn't program in it though
:reason: :re:

Marco Raaphorst

01 Oct 2017

I am very outspoken also but I hate to see people get hurt and not being helped.

It's extremely difficult to create a RE. Not only because of the code but also because the market is rather small I guess. No developer can live of developing REs only I believe.

• Information