Videos Outboard Rig

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Deep Schulzz

05 Jun 2015

I own the Outboard Rig but I have no clue how to get this:

"Learn all you want to know about the Outboard Rig with the included series of video tutorials from AskVideo......."

I can't find the videos.

jam-s

05 Jun 2015

You have to buy the free update of the bundle in the shop. Then under your account you'll have a new "Tutorials" tab with further instructions.

Deep Schulzz

05 Jun 2015

Thanks for the information :)

jam-s

05 Jun 2015

You're welcome.

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

05 Jun 2015

I had issues with this a couple of days ago as I own the outboard rig however in the shop after the new update I only had the option to "Buy" it rather than it saying "Free Update", Sent a mail to support, looks like they have fixed that issue now as I can now select the "Free Update" and get to the video's, silly thing was I could get the new refill without any issues !!!! but I want to look at the video's, saying that the video's for the Synthetic Rig were just an overview and not really that good....

mrj1nx

06 Jun 2015

I found out that you need to register at askvideo to view the video, is it worth it? I suspect not...

CharlyCharlzz

06 Jun 2015

I got the update and got the free refill but I cannot read anywhere that if I register on ask i get free tutorials ?!?!! so I need to register to ask to know I got free vids ?

EDIT: ok so I got the tutorials on my account in the video section but without you guys I would have never noticed it , somebody should say it to props .....
It does not die , it multiplies !

7.101 and I will upgrade maybe this summer .

craven

06 Jun 2015

mrj1nx wrote:I found out that you need to register at askvideo to view the video, is it worth it? I suspect not...
tl;dr I like this new direction that props take, the videos are mainly introducing the devices with some example use cases

If you are a beginner or just want to get an introduction to the basic controls and some use cases, some might prefer it over reading a manual. I rarely use manuals myself, I'd rather hear and see the stuff in action. 

For more information on working with compressors, eq etc. you could subscribe to their tutorials. For me, the presented devices are somewhat self-explanatory, since I'm familiar with the basic concepts of compression and eq and the devices are not that complicated. Often enough, they are designed with high usability in mind. 

So most clips are rather short, in the case of Selig's Leveler device there might have been some wrong information, but I haven't watched these so far, since I own the devices for some time already.

:ugeek:

• Information