Fingerpicking Nylon - A-List Guitarist in the shop

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
User avatar
arqui
Posts: 150
Joined: 22 Jan 2015

15 Apr 2017

Is the best A-List of all, I hope your brothers are upgraded to this one.
     

sdst
Posts: 399
Joined: 14 Jun 2015

15 Apr 2017

arqui wrote:Is the best A-List of all,
I was about to say the same thing

Lots of fun with this thing

mguh22
Posts: 103
Joined: 10 Nov 2015

15 Apr 2017

This thing is beautiful.

User avatar
artotaku
Posts: 219
Joined: 09 May 2015
Location: Munich, Germany
Contact:

16 Apr 2017

I´m no guitar player and basically have no clue about it but this is is what I came up with:



To me the guitar sounds very clean and hifi and - as others have mentioned - better than A-List Acoustic and Electric Guitarist that I also have.
There are some issues/bugs with the sequencer though. It does not always sync correctly when the playhead is moved and playing is restarted. Another issue I noticed is when the style phrases are changed all eighth or quarter note while the chords are triggered it arbitrarily mutes.

WongoTheSane
Moderator
Posts: 918
Joined: 14 Sep 2015
Location: Paris, France

16 Apr 2017

artotaku wrote:To me the guitar sounds very clean and hifi and - as others have mentioned - better than A-List Acoustic and Electric Guitarist that I also have.
There are some issues/bugs with the sequencer though. It does not always sync correctly when the playhead is moved and playing is restarted. Another issue I noticed is when the style phrases are changed all eighth or quarter note while the chords are triggered it arbitrarily mutes.
FWIW, the desync when moving the playhead is stated in the manual: as the device is tempo based, it cannot keep being in sync when you're desyncing it manually (it wouldn't make sense). In the same way, I think your muting problem comes from the fact that when style and chord changes happen, they have to start at the exact same time; the slightest shift, even by a tick, will prevent it from syncing correctly. The solution is to quantize both note starts and note lengths.
"I'm in studio right now, working on my latest 3 on the floor" - Johann Strauss

sdst
Posts: 399
Joined: 14 Jun 2015

16 Apr 2017

Here my attempt to do something with this


User avatar
artotaku
Posts: 219
Joined: 09 May 2015
Location: Munich, Germany
Contact:

16 Apr 2017

WongoTheSane wrote:
artotaku wrote:To me the guitar sounds very clean and hifi and - as others have mentioned - better than A-List Acoustic and Electric Guitarist that I also have.
There are some issues/bugs with the sequencer though. It does not always sync correctly when the playhead is moved and playing is restarted. Another issue I noticed is when the style phrases are changed all eighth or quarter note while the chords are triggered it arbitrarily mutes.
FWIW, the desync when moving the playhead is stated in the manual: as the device is tempo based, it cannot keep being in sync when you're desyncing it manually (it wouldn't make sense). In the same way, I think your muting problem comes from the fact that when style and chord changes happen, they have to start at the exact same time; the slightest shift, even by a tick, will prevent it from syncing correctly. The solution is to quantize both note starts and note lengths.
Good to know, thanks. Yes, the notes are all legato and not in sync with the phrase changes. I reread the passage in the manual and it makes sense now.
Regarding the second issue I could solve it by choosing another phrase for the last note.

WongoTheSane
Moderator
Posts: 918
Joined: 14 Sep 2015
Location: Paris, France

16 Apr 2017

artotaku wrote:
WongoTheSane wrote:
artotaku wrote:To me the guitar sounds very clean and hifi and - as others have mentioned - better than A-List Acoustic and Electric Guitarist that I also have.
There are some issues/bugs with the sequencer though. It does not always sync correctly when the playhead is moved and playing is restarted. Another issue I noticed is when the style phrases are changed all eighth or quarter note while the chords are triggered it arbitrarily mutes.
FWIW, the desync when moving the playhead is stated in the manual: as the device is tempo based, it cannot keep being in sync when you're desyncing it manually (it wouldn't make sense). In the same way, I think your muting problem comes from the fact that when style and chord changes happen, they have to start at the exact same time; the slightest shift, even by a tick, will prevent it from syncing correctly. The solution is to quantize both note starts and note lengths.
Good to know, thanks. Yes, the notes are all legato and not in sync with the phrase changes. I reread the passage in the manual and it makes sense now.
Regarding the second issue I could solve it by choosing another phrase for the last note.
Glad it helped! Nice test song btw :)
"I'm in studio right now, working on my latest 3 on the floor" - Johann Strauss

User avatar
Data_Shrine
Posts: 277
Joined: 23 Jan 2015

16 Apr 2017

artotaku wrote:I´m no guitar player and basically have no clue about it but this is is what I came up with:



To me the guitar sounds very clean and hifi and - as others have mentioned - better than A-List Acoustic and Electric Guitarist that I also have.
There are some issues/bugs with the sequencer though. It does not always sync correctly when the playhead is moved and playing is restarted. Another issue I noticed is when the style phrases are changed all eighth or quarter note while the chords are triggered it arbitrarily mutes.
Wow that's very impressive. I really dig your track too - it got a Silent Hill/dark movie soundtrack vibe.

This RE now is on my wish list !

User avatar
SA Studio
Posts: 365
Joined: 19 Nov 2015

16 Apr 2017

WongoTheSane wrote:
arqui wrote:I would like this post to talk about the product and not the sales policies that would be elsewhere, sorry
Agreed. Here's one ballad I made with Fingerpicking Nylon. Also includes Acoustic Guitarist, a bit of Electric Guitarist Power Chords, a Radical Keys, and an upright bass and brushes from the Reason 9 sound bank:



...and I think it's a fantastic device. It would have taken me hours upon hours of comping if I had tried to do this on my IRL guitar.
Hey! Real nice demonstration of those RE's! Sounds really good :thumbs_up: :reason:

User avatar
SA Studio
Posts: 365
Joined: 19 Nov 2015

16 Apr 2017

artotaku wrote:I´m no guitar player and basically have no clue about it but this is is what I came up with:



To me the guitar sounds very clean and hifi and - as others have mentioned - better than A-List Acoustic and Electric Guitarist that I also have.
There are some issues/bugs with the sequencer though. It does not always sync correctly when the playhead is moved and playing is restarted. Another issue I noticed is when the style phrases are changed all eighth or quarter note while the chords are triggered it arbitrarily mutes.
Dang! That's also nice! Great examples

User avatar
joeyluck
Moderator
Posts: 4578
Joined: 15 Jan 2015
Location: Richmond, VA
Contact:

16 Apr 2017

Looks like they fixed the click/hit area of the keys for this one. Hoping they fix the others soon! :)
I had the issue confirmed for Pop Chords by Propellerhead Support back in September...
Very hard to use the interactive keyboard display on that one (and probably the others still)

WongoTheSane
Moderator
Posts: 918
Joined: 14 Sep 2015
Location: Paris, France

16 Apr 2017

SA Studio wrote:Hey! Real nice demonstration of those RE's! Sounds really good :thumbs_up: :reason:
Hey thanks man! :)
joeyluck wrote:Looks like they fixed the click/hit area of the keys for this one. Hoping they fix the others soon! :)
I had the issue confirmed for Pop Chords by Propellerhead Support back in September...
Very hard to use the interactive keyboard display on that one (and probably the others still)
Yes, both Acoustic Guitarist and PowerChords have the same problem. Now that they have the correct code, it should be easy to implement it and push a quick upgrade...
"I'm in studio right now, working on my latest 3 on the floor" - Johann Strauss

User avatar
joeyluck
Moderator
Posts: 4578
Joined: 15 Jan 2015
Location: Richmond, VA
Contact:

16 Apr 2017

WongoTheSane wrote:Yes, both Acoustic Guitarist and PowerChords have the same problem. Now that they have the correct code, it should be easy to implement it and push a quick upgrade...
:thumbs_up: :puf_smile:

I replied to the support ticket to remind them.

User avatar
Karim
Posts: 649
Joined: 16 Jan 2015
Location: Italy
Contact:

17 Apr 2017

Miguel da Wu wrote:Mmmh, I think it doesn´t look soo bad. Simple wood design.
Maybe a bit too expensive if you already own the other A-List guitarist. Or is there a discount?
the mood is cheaper than the gold

Inviato dal mio SM-G925F utilizzando Tapatalk
Karim Le Mec : Dj / Producer / Sound Designer / Video Editor / Label Owner /Reason User since 2000 ( R9.2.2 on board )
△ FOLLOW Karim Le Mec
https://soundcloud.com/karimlemec
https://www.facebook.com/karimlemec
https://www.mixcloud.com/lemecdj/

User avatar
Juan Rosa
Posts: 93
Joined: 26 Jan 2015

18 Apr 2017

arqui wrote:Is the best A-List of all, I hope your brothers are upgraded to this one.
May you upload a video to see al the capabilities of this RE?

User avatar
artotaku
Posts: 219
Joined: 09 May 2015
Location: Munich, Germany
Contact:

18 Apr 2017

SA Studio wrote:
artotaku wrote:I´m no guitar player and basically have no clue about it but this is is what I came up with:



To me the guitar sounds very clean and hifi and - as others have mentioned - better than A-List Acoustic and Electric Guitarist that I also have.
There are some issues/bugs with the sequencer though. It does not always sync correctly when the playhead is moved and playing is restarted. Another issue I noticed is when the style phrases are changed all eighth or quarter note while the chords are triggered it arbitrarily mutes.
Dang! That's also nice! Great examples
Thanks!

aaron
Posts: 3
Joined: 03 Jun 2016

21 Apr 2017

WongoTheSane wrote:
mguh22 wrote:Anyone know if this is Reason 9 only? Not going to get chance to try it out until later this evening and it would be good to know!
It isn't, it works on 8 at least.
Even with Reason 7.1 :cool:

Yonatan
Posts: 614
Joined: 18 Jan 2015

21 Apr 2017

This device is top class. In pair with Kontakt.
Reason for all Seasons

User avatar
aeox
Posts: 360
Joined: 23 Feb 2017
Location: Oregon

21 Apr 2017

more cheat codes to buy! woo!

User avatar
Ottostrom
Posts: 217
Joined: 13 May 2016

21 Apr 2017

aeox wrote:more cheat codes to buy! woo!
Image
Aim for progress, not perfection.

Lov2sing
Posts: 168
Joined: 15 Nov 2015

21 Apr 2017

Has anyone noticed the sound for the frets button is not heard? What I wish is that they had a intensity control for the fret sound instead of a one size fits all button. All in all I love this RE.
Make a Joyful noise, or join a large choir,

User avatar
aeox
Posts: 360
Joined: 23 Feb 2017
Location: Oregon

21 Apr 2017

Ottostrom wrote:
aeox wrote:more cheat codes to buy! woo!
Image
you took it the wrong way. it was meant to be said in a cheerful way.

Post Reply
  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests