Dyingstar is in the shop!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
AzureEyes

24 Feb 2017

Kaosis

24 Feb 2017

That thing looks like a monster, can't wait to check it out tonight

Despondo
Competition Winner

24 Feb 2017

What the heck does this mean? "Spirit of BlueRack inside.." and this? "Bluerack Synth Spirit Into Box"

chimp_spanner

24 Feb 2017

Gotta say, Turn2on's GUI's have really come on in leaps and bounds. Looks great!

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

24 Feb 2017

Despondo wrote:What the heck does this mean? "Spirit of BlueRack inside.." and this? "Bluerack Synth Spirit Into Box"
It means whatever you want it to mean. :)

They could probably work a little on their presentation or ask someone to do some basic grammar checking for them in the Shop.
I'm not trying to be mean about it. I'm just saying it would look more professional.

The synth looks alright and it sounds alright judging by the demos provided, but with so many synths in my rack already any new synth has to be either better than what's currently available or offer something unique.

Arrant
Competition Winner

24 Feb 2017

Despondo wrote:What the heck does this mean? "Spirit of BlueRack inside.." and this? "Bluerack Synth Spirit Into Box"
My guess is that this is a reference to the Novation Supernova (a supernova is of course a "Dying Star"), which is a famous (blue) synth from the trance era.

jappe

24 Feb 2017

Intriguing name, makes me curious :)

Despondo
Competition Winner

24 Feb 2017

Arrant wrote:
My guess is that this is a reference to the Novation Supernova (a supernova is of course a "Dying Star"), which is a famous (blue) synth from the trance era.
That makes sense to me. Thanks for that. I'm not much of a hardware guy since discovering Reason in 2001, so these references tend to fall on deaf ears. ;-)

WongoTheSane

24 Feb 2017

TritoneAddiction wrote:They could probably work a little on their presentation or ask someone to do some basic grammar checking for them in the Shop.
I'm not trying to be mean about it. I'm just saying it would look more professional.
At least they have 3 oscillatros. :lol:

lowpryo

24 Feb 2017

I agree, developers need to do a better job of selling their synths. I'm no longer impressed by number of oscillators, wavetables, filters, etc. we have dozens of these. why should I consider this one in particular?

chimp_spanner

24 Feb 2017

Demo'd it, and it's pretty good! It feels more like a ROMpler than a synth (even though it has the editing depth of a synth). Perhaps because some of the waveforms are quite long and complex so as to be obviously sampled based at lower/higher pitches. Some of the sounds even remind me a bit of NEXUS, which is cool! I just bought a TV today soooo no racks for me for a while, but I might keep this one on the maybe list. Definitely worth a look though, even if you feel you have a lot of sounds already.

chimp_spanner

24 Feb 2017

Oh also I like that there's an octave knob on the minimised version. Really good for turning something into a bass without transposing the MIDI.

One small suggestion to the developer would be to change the pitch range from % to semis :)

lofi1990

24 Feb 2017

Wow! Looks like a powerful synth.
Can't wait to try it!

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

24 Feb 2017

Most of the patches are way too hot and there are quite a few that clip as well....

Also I thought there would have been more presets, at least the same amount as there are wavetables as what this means to me is there are wavetables included that are not worth making sounds from...

Pads are nice...

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

25 Feb 2017

TritoneAddiction wrote:The synth looks alright and it sounds alright judging by the demos provided, but with so many synths in my rack already any new synth has to be either better than what's currently available or offer something unique.
Maybe I'll change my mind if they start a Dyingstar Song Challenge ;)

Marc64

25 Feb 2017

drains my cpu. sounds good though

Skickat från min SM-G935F via Tapatalk

Creativemind

25 Feb 2017

Looks very nice but...no video for the product. Soundlouds no good as it could be anything. I want to see the synth in action without having to trial it.

Thanks!
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

MirEko

25 Feb 2017

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:Most of the patches are way too hot and there are quite a few that clip as well....

Also I thought there would have been more presets, at least the same amount as there are wavetables as what this means to me is there are wavetables included that are not worth making sounds from...

Pads are nice...
Haha the hyperbole... what a load of shite
:reason: :record: :re: :ignition: :refill: :PUF_take: :PUF_figure:

O1B

26 Feb 2017

Besides "Open Image in new TAB", how are we supposed to see REs in the shop.

Frustrating...
Come on, Guys. The old shop' was better.

pothole

27 Feb 2017

anybody know the install size?

(wish the size was shown in the shop)

Majestik Monkey

28 Feb 2017

pothole wrote:anybody know the install size?

(wish the size was shown in the shop)

144 Megs , there about !

Nirude

28 Feb 2017

WHOA. I´ve been away again. I saw that Dyingstar-synth in the shop.
Is it really based on the Novation Supernova? Could Turn2on answer this?

They need renders ;) ??
3d man.

satyr32

28 Feb 2017

TritoneAddiction wrote:The synth looks alright and it sounds alright judging by the demos provided, but with so many synths in my rack already any new synth has to be either better than what's currently available or offer something unique.
I think the selling point here is not the uniqueness, but the price. 25 dollars, you cannot do anything wrong. myself i will not buy it either cause i only buy REs that have a professional high level of visual design/GUI – it is just something important to me –, but i think the quality/price ratio is very good here and it is always nice to see new developers.

(not that this synth's design is super bad)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
https://soundcloud.com/aeon_eternal

selig
RE Developer

28 Feb 2017

MirEko wrote:
Carly(Poohbear) wrote:Most of the patches are way too hot and there are quite a few that clip as well....

Pads are nice...
Haha the hyperbole... what a load of shite
Not sure you're saying someone else's comments are a load a shite, or your own. Either way, please don't stink up the topic by dumping a load of shite and walking away.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Selig Audio, LLC

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

28 Feb 2017

satyr32 wrote:
I think the selling point here is not the uniqueness, but the price. 25 dollars, you cannot do anything wrong. myself i will not buy it either cause i only buy REs that have a professional high level of visual design/GUI – it is just something important to me –, but i think the quality/price ratio is very good here and it is always nice to see new developers.

(not that this synth's design is super bad)
Yeah I see what mean.

And sometimes you just want to buy a new toy for some new inspiration. Nothing wrong with that.

Still even with cheaper synths I tend to like them more when there's a niche of some sort, like with Snakebite, Megasaur, Iridium, Chip64. But that's just me.

• Information