What's your favorite GUI when it comes to REs?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

17 Sep 2016

Threads like this can probably be helpful for developers to look at.
At the same time it's quite clear that this is very subjective and everyone wants something different from a GUI. Can't make everyone happy I guess.

I've noticed I tend to like a GUI more and more over time if i really like the device itself and I use it all the time. It's like I learn to associate a certain GUI with great results and ultimately good feelings and that unconsciously changes my opinion about the GUI aswell.

selig
RE Developer

17 Sep 2016

At first, my favorite GUI is the flashy one that gets my attention. But over time, my favorite GUI is the one that disappears and you just get work done. Sometimes the more "impressive" UIs get distracting over time. But the good solid designs, while not flashy and attractive, tend to be the ones that just get out of the way and let you work, so I'd rate them highest IMO.

I'd put Thor in this category - good looking synth, nothing fancy, let's you dig in and get to work making music. Antidote and Parsec also come to mind as UIs that look good, but not so flashy they draw too much attention to themselves.
:)
Selig Audio, LLC

Faastwalker

18 Sep 2016

I like Blamsoft's Zero - a lot going on but they've managed to make it extremely cohesive and uncluttered looking. The color coding on the different sections is a really good idea as well. Very busy but very organised. I think it's an excellent GUI in terms of looks, layout & practicality not to mention an amazing synth.

chk071

18 Sep 2016

This one:

Synapse know how to make good GUI's.
:reason: :rebirth:

Aikmofobi

20 Sep 2016

zero01101

20 Sep 2016

i loved antidote's UI enough that i made a reduced background out of it
antidote reduced 1080.png
antidote reduced 1080.png (28.61 KiB) Viewed 682 times

pjeudy

20 Sep 2016

this :puf_bigsmile:
My opinion is that Propellerhead REASON needs a complete rewrite!
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

• Information