Hosting the next competition...

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Despondo
Competition Winner

26 Jul 2016

Uh Oh! Looks like the next competition will have to find another way to collect tracks as entries....

An email I got this morning from SoundCloud:

"We’re constantly looking for ways to make it easier for you to share your work and connect with new fans. As well as adding new features and updates, we review existing features to see if they’re still beneficial to you.
As we dug into the best ways for creators to connect with fans, we found that Groups aren't helping creators find an audience as well as reposts, curated playlists, or track recommendations.
With that in mind, we’ve decided to phase out Groups on Monday, August 22nd to make room for future updates. Until then, you can collect, like or repost the tracks you would like to save, and connect with your fellow Group members.
We’d love to hear your thoughts on how we can continue to improve your experience on SoundCloud. Send your ideas and feedback by replying directly to this email."

tibah

26 Jul 2016

You can always introduce the "submission" thread back for less clutter for another RE song challenge and then manage the entries in a playlist, maybe even on a new, dedicated SoundClound account. :) So, your submission will be posted in a specific thread and Noel/Reasonistas can add that to a playlist for RE Y.

Not a huge issue seeing groups go if you ask me.

Reasonistas
RE Developer

26 Jul 2016

tibah wrote:You can always introduce the "submission" thread back for less clutter for another RE song challenge and then manage the entries in a playlist, maybe even on a new, dedicated SoundClound account. :) So, your submission will be posted in a specific thread and Noel/Reasonistas can add that to a playlist for RE Y.

Not a huge issue seeing groups go if you ask me.
I received the email this morning and had the same thought as tibah. Luckly the Vibro song challenge ends on Wed 17 August 2016, five days before SC groups go poof!

Edit: We could also instruct participants to link their songs in the ReasonTalk thread and I can create a new Reasonistas blog post to show all songs submitted with the winners announced at the bottom of the post to keep it all in one place going forward.
ImageImage

Jagwah

28 Jul 2016

Wow all the groups are going to be deleted! That's crazy! Reposts suck without a filter for them - my whole wall is reposts!

OverneathTheSkyBridg

29 Jul 2016

Yeah I'd rather see reposts go before groups, or at least be able to turn them off.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

tibah

29 Jul 2016

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... jhldhijphf

An extension for Chrome that let's you hide Reposts. ;)

• Information