ReQ-131 v2 Video

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
JoshuaPhilgarlic

26 Apr 2015

EnochLight

26 Apr 2015

JoshuaPhilgarlic wrote:
Freak'n sweat!!!!  Thanks for sharing, man.  This will definitely have a spot in my rack - being able to fade between the two banks is bad ass!
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

EnochLight

26 Apr 2015

*update*

OK, so this thread has had over 100 views... and I'm the only one to chime in?  Isn't any body else interested in this thing??!  It looks bad ass!
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

miahluvdd

26 Apr 2015

Very nice!! Looking forward to this update.

HeartbreakOne

26 Apr 2015

Ha!  Video says it's "now available in the Propellerhead Shop".  Here's what's there now:

Note the Version Number, Release Date, the current Date and Time (U.S. Eastern).

I own THIS version (and it's the ONLY paid RE that I own).  And it is a DSP hog, trust me.  I love it for what it does, but it needs more resources than EVERY other rack device in Reason (on my PC, of course).  So, you know...there's that.
Attachments
PropShopCapture.PNG
PropShopCapture.PNG (311.12 KiB) Viewed 2696 times
TO LET THE WORLD BE

Faastwalker

26 Apr 2015

Oooh sweet ;) Always loved this EQ. The update will make it that much easier & fluid in use. Very nice.

dvdrtldg

26 Apr 2015

EnochLight wrote:*update*

OK, so this thread has had over 100 views... and I'm the only one to chime in?  Isn't any body else interested in this thing??!  It looks bad ass!
Not much to say until it appears in the shop and we can try it out, I guess.

Looks great from the vid, but I'm another one who only uses version 1 sparingly because it's such a drain on CPU. Hope that's been addressed

MDTerps2015

26 Apr 2015

HeartbreakOne wrote:Ha!  Video says it's "now available in the Propellerhead Shop".  Here's what's there now:

Note the Version Number, Release Date, the current Date and Time (U.S. Eastern).

I own THIS version (and it's the ONLY paid RE that I own).  And it is a DSP hog, trust me.  I love it for what it does, but it needs more resources than EVERY other rack device in Reason (on my PC, of course).  So, you know...there's that.
Im wondering for such a large update is it going to be a free update or just a different version 

150 paid RExtensions and still no Grammy

jam-s

26 Apr 2015

While version 2 seems easier to use, I prefer the look of V1.x, as it looks like real hardware and not some hybrid hardware/touch thing. Also I wonder how much the update will cost (as I highly doubt it to be free of charge for existing users).

HeartbreakOne

26 Apr 2015

dvdrtldg wrote: Not much to say until it appears in the shop and we can try it out, I guess.

Looks great from the vid, but I'm another one who only uses version 1 sparingly because it's such a drain on CPU. Hope that's been addressed
MDTerps2015 wrote:Im wondering for such a large update is it going to be a free update or just a different version
Exactly!  I purchased this because, as a hip-hop music lover, I like to use lots of samples of other songs.  I was trying to use the 'BV512 Vocoder' equalizer mode to eliminate frequencies I didn't want/need, but I HATED the way it colored the sound in the 4/8/16 and 32 band modes and the way it introduced a delay in FFT mode.  So I purchased the REQ-131, remembering that it performed this task just fine when I trialed it a long time ago (when it first came to the shop).  I didn't remember it taking up as much DSP as it does now (or I wouldn't have bought it).

*SIDENOTE: THIS is a GREAT example of why there needs to be a way to re-trial REs.

I assume the updates caused the surge in DSP usage.  Don't get me wrong, it does a GREAT job at making every sample my batch, BUT I could run almost 20 instances of the BV512 without so much as ONE BAR of DSP lighting up.  If I run 3 REQs (even if they are bypassed and the corresponding track muted in the sequencer, I get THREE BARS of DSP lit (and a FOURTH BAR blinking most of the time).  And the BV512 is a VOCODER!  It does MORE than the REQ!

Now, looking at all that it does functionally and graphically, I can only assume that DSP will be an issue of concern even more so than before.  And if it's not a free update, I can't justify paying for it again.  Because I have really 'paid' for purchasing the one I have now, in blood, sweat and MANY, MANY tears.
TO LET THE WORLD BE

HeartbreakOne

26 Apr 2015

jam-s wrote:While version 2 seems easier to use, I prefer the look of V1.x, as it looks like real hardware and not some hybrid hardware/touch thing. Also I wonder how much the update will cost (as I highly doubt it to be free of charge for existing users).
I understand that.  I like that it at least lets you draw the EQ curve instead of clicking each handle one at a time.  But I can't see them not wanting to charge everyone for the updated look at least.  Would be nice, but nice is a rare thing these days.
TO LET THE WORLD BE

Yonatan

27 Apr 2015

I love the new update, but well, if it is such a heavy DSP thing, It is more of a mastering EQ at the moment.

HeartbreakOne

27 Apr 2015

Well, it's finally here!  And, in case you're wondering, it's NOT free to upgrade.  That's right mofos, $15.00 or you gets NOTHING!  Not even a test run for previous owners.  And, with that being the case, I will be bidding ReQ adieu.  Sorry LabOne, it's not me, it's definitely YOU.

Someone please post your DSP hit results when you get it.  One will do.  I just want to know if they streamlined it or not. 
TO LET THE WORLD BE

Leighbeater

27 Apr 2015

"Im wondering for such a large update is it going to be a free update or just a different version"

Looks like a free update which is awesome because I think we originally only paid $19 for this RE

Marco Raaphorst

27 Apr 2015

super interesting.

voice-over in video has a lot of high freqs. they were probably playing to much themselves with this devices :)

jfrichards

27 Apr 2015

v2 is $39, and the upgrade from v1 is $15

devilfish

27 Apr 2015

If you have the Old REQ you can pay for the Update now.. Congratulations

I think ist is cheaper to never buy new RE .. Waiting for the updated Version can Save a lot of Money!!

MirEko

27 Apr 2015

Looks very well thought out upgrade, well worth $15
:reason: :record: :re: :ignition: :refill: :PUF_take: :PUF_figure:

EnochLight

27 Apr 2015

Just got it.  Charging $15 for an upgrade is totally fair, and super cheap IMHO.  This is far more useful with the custom display, and being able to draw in your band curves is awesome.

Kudos to LabOne on this fantastic update - completely worth it! Seems to be a bit better on DSP use, too (at least on my machine).

AJ_3000
Competition Winner

27 Apr 2015

It's an annoyance Upgrades are not available to try in the PH Shop. 

I suspect even with my modern PC the additional CPU load from the new bells and whistles will mean it's best for me to save €12.00 by sticking with version 1. A shame as the new features seem interesting and the cost very  affordable indeed.

Still, I would be interested what systems people finding CPU loading problems are running?

EnochLight

27 Apr 2015

AJ_3000 wrote:It's an annoyance Upgrades are not available to try in the PH Shop. 

I suspect even with my modern PC the additional CPU load from the new bells and whistles will mean it's best for me to save €12.00 by sticking with version 1. A shame as the new features seem interesting and the cost very much affordable indeed.

Still, I would be interested what systems people finding this are running?
There have been trial-resets done in the past, it just depends on whether or not the dev can work it out on their end.  Maybe LabOne will be able to swing a reset if enough users request it.  Beats me, though.

My system specs are in my signature.

AJ_3000
Competition Winner

27 Apr 2015

EnochLight wrote: There have been trial-resets done in the past, it just depends on whether or not the dev can work it out on their end.  Maybe LabOne will be able to swing a reset if enough users request it.  Beats me, though.
I will try and email the developer in that case.  I imagined wrongly it was down to PH Shop who were wholly responsible. After all long term surely it's better for developer 's to cultivate a happy customer base?

Yonatan

27 Apr 2015

Yes, a second try would be great, as I do not think I am the only one who is hanging on the pence if buying the upgrade or not. 

gak

27 Apr 2015

I'm trying to find something surgical for guitar stuff so I'm glad I can still trial this. The original version was a hog cpu wise so will be interesting to see how this goes.

I think the price is quite fair btw.

• Information