RG RE is now available.

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
wkwan0423

19 Feb 2016

I've tried to get the CV input configuration established to make custom patterns/phrases no luck -- do either of you have pointers on how to troubleshoot?

Thanks for any help,

Charley

raymondh

19 Feb 2016

Hi Rob + Jon

Great job with the synth!

Just some feedback on the promo. The woman doing the voice over on the introduction video sounds bored. I don't think she helps create any excitement around the instrument. Rob does a far better job introducing the instruments himself, where the passion and excitement is strong.

Just my opinion.

cheers!

EnochLight

19 Feb 2016

raymondh wrote:Hi Rob + Jon

Great job with the synth!

Just some feedback on the promo. The woman doing the voice over on the introduction video sounds bored. I don't think she helps create any excitement around the instrument. Rob does a far better job introducing the instruments himself, where the passion and excitement is strong.

Just my opinion.

cheers!
I have to agree with you there. That promo video is almost 8 years old, too. :-| Still, as far as explaining what the device does and demonstrating some of its features, it's clear and concise.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

joeyluck

19 Feb 2016

The thumbnail image in the browser seems a bit odd. The bottom half where the screen is is empty. Could maybe crop the thumbnail to include only the upper portion? Or a image that includes something displaying in the bottom section?

Theo.M

19 Feb 2016

Rg is actually a very cool product but you gotta be patient and learn it inside out. For some reason the demo videos have never really done it justice.

For genre suitability, all kinds of EDM and POP are what i recommend it for. That's just my take though and i could be wrong there. If i want to create a rhythmic funky guitar line it's my first port of call in PT.. if i want something deep and emotional believe it or not I use my Roland integra 7.. i find the guitars on that supremely playable.

Anyway congrats on the release Rob and Jon.!! I kind of pushed for this to be ported next and i now i feel bad cause i don't use Reason anymore :oops: :oops: :oops:

PatrickSharpe

19 Feb 2016

chimp_spanner wrote:Hmmm, on the fence about this one. I mean I'm definitely gonna try it (just as soon as I figure out how to move my Rack Extensions so I actually have room...anyone? ;) ) but tbh I think this'd be most useful for non-guitar stuff! And I don't mean that as a diss to the instrument. Some of the synthy/filtered examples sound really cool, and way more interesting than the straight up guitar stuff which I think A-List covers reasonably well. Definitely think this could be useful for creating underscores and organic sounding pulses. Will try as soon as I can physically fit it on my computer!
To move your Rack Extensions from a PC to an external device try this method (sorry no clue for Apple):

1. Open Windows Explorer
2. Go to C:\users\xxx\appdata\roaming\propellerheads software\rackextensions
3. Highlight all the files
4. Right mouse click/copy the files
5. Paste files into a directory that's on an external drive with sufficient capacity

Note: Please make sure "folder options" is set to "Show hidden files, folders, or drives" otherwise the "appdata" directory will not be visible.

Hope this helps Chimp

Spryx

20 Feb 2016

This is a very interesting RE. Seems difficult for realism though...but it is great for guitar effects. Can use it in some house tracks.

RP/RPCX seems like the one big developer not afraid to innovate in Reason
latest:

OldSchoolSkunk

21 Feb 2016

Having a lot of fun with this definitely gonna buy this. It was easier to work with than the A-List stuff.. but I have a few of those RE's too.. works great with the styles I work with.

Dante

21 Feb 2016

eusti wrote:
Dante wrote:Is it just me or I cant see a demo of Distorted guitar ( 5ths chords ) ?
Here are the demos for the VST version: http://www.robpapen.com/rg-mp3.html
Check out the stuff about a third of the page down...

D.
Bought the RE yesterday. Will be interesting to see how it complements the 3 x A-List. So far I like the Wah guitar, which A-List RE's don't cover.

eusti

21 Feb 2016

Dante wrote: Bought the RE yesterday. Will be interesting to see how it complements the 3 x A-List. So far I like the Wah guitar, which A-List RE's don't cover.
Great! Please share your findings! Definitely curious about this one... A tad doubtful as it seems to center on technology that's been around for bit... Not necessarily a bad thing though...

D.

decibel

22 Feb 2016

so i wonder if they are still planning on doing a discount for users who own other papen rack extensions ?

woodenpalette

22 Feb 2016

Looks awesome

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

emasters

22 Feb 2016

decibel wrote:so i wonder if they are still planning on doing a discount for users who own other papen rack extensions ?
Wondering the same thing...?

bpmorton

22 Feb 2016

decibel wrote:so i wonder if they are still planning on doing a discount for users who own other papen rack extensions ?
I think the last discount they did was for Vecto and that was because it was a bit like their last two synths Predator and Sub Boom Bass. a discount for this makes no sense.

emasters

22 Feb 2016

Earlier in the thread, RPX indicated they were working on a discount -- perhaps for owners of the VST version? Not sure, though.

decibel

23 Feb 2016

bpmorton wrote:
I think the last discount they did was for Vecto and that was because it was a bit like their last two synths Predator and Sub Boom Bass. a discount for this makes no sense.

i didnt request it, they announced they would look into it earlier in this thread, i was just checking up, puting it out there to see if they are still monitoring the topic etc ? :) ive brought all their previous stuff and benefitted from the last few discounts, this is something im not overly keen on but might buy it if the price is right ? it has some stiff competition right now though annd pay day isnt far off :)

Jon

23 Feb 2016

Hi there

Yes, we are still planning on a discount for previous owners of our stuff, we are just waiting on details from Propellerhead about implementing this, hopefully this will be today or tomorrow.

Cheers

Jon : RPCX

decibel

23 Feb 2016

thanks for your response jon ;) im sure a few people here will be happy to hear that

FiatLux

23 Feb 2016

Just got an email with a discount code.
Makes it a really good deal!
Thanks RPCX team.

raymondh

23 Feb 2016

Me too.

Everyone should buy at least one Rob Papen synth I reckon, if only to support these guys who bring so much to the Reason platform and community.

decibel

23 Feb 2016

%30 off makes it tempting ;) and rob papen definitely deserves support for his ongoing commitment to reason, we can only hope he has more install for the platform in time to come etc

emasters

23 Feb 2016

FiatLux wrote:Just got an email with a discount code.
Makes it a really good deal!
Thanks RPCX team.
Yes, thanks RPCX team!

Jon

23 Feb 2016

Great, I'm glad it got to people. Any problems, please let us know.

Cheers

Jon :RPCX

Neko the Jaguar

23 Feb 2016

I purchased mine a few days ago, but just got the email for the discount today. Now what?

challism

23 Feb 2016

I own Predator, but I never registered it. I don't ever register my REs after I buy them. So how would I go about getting a discount code for this product? Does the discount code apply to owners of Predator?
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

• Information