What on the Reson rack needs a face

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Lov2sing

16 Jan 2016

I was looking over the tools in Reason and thought which one needs a face lift. Here my list.

1, Neptune
2. RP8
3. Half Rack effects devices

This not complaining of what they do but after many years of use that they need a new look.
We make music for a reason

The Tone Ranger

16 Jan 2016

Why? I think all the Propellerhead devices look great. I wish some of these RE's were more consistent with Propellerhead graphics design.

hamu

16 Jan 2016

Mmm...
After all these years, versions with more signs of wear and tear might be appropriate? ;)

selig
RE Developer

16 Jan 2016

hamu wrote:Mmm...
After all these years, versions with more signs of wear and tear might be appropriate? ;)
HA!
:)
Selig Audio, LLC

Lov2sing

16 Jan 2016

hamu wrote:Mmm...
So you're saying they need to show the wear and tear, with scratches (face lift option). Then they look would get that worn :lol: :lol: :lol: feel.

4filegate

16 Jan 2016

Forgive me! Using my workstation for more than just Reason
Photo editing on IPS monitor is far easier &. ph stock devices shine with more signs of wear and tear

chimp_spanner

16 Jan 2016

Id love skins for all devices! And a choice of distressed or new, plus custom. Entirely none functional. But cool as ferrrk ;)

DLDTech

16 Jan 2016

Whilst it's not possible to allow users to edit RE 'skins' due to the way shadows etc work, it would be fairly simple for PH to allow devs to release multiple skins for devices. This would be really useful as some users love crazy OTT graphics, whilst others prefer simpler, more realistic devices. We could have some real fun with this!

Adding ageing to the device would be awesome - especially if the device got older as you worked on a track :)
Megasaur Supersaw synth now released Follow @DLDTechnology for new stuff!

Auryn

17 Jan 2016

I honestly don't know what you people are on about... the wear on my Malstrom is driving me nuts. The thing takes at least 40 minutes to warm up, otherwise it's out of tune. Whenever I change the shaper mode during playback I get 5 seconds of this insane howling noise. And Osc B's index dial fell off so now I can only change it by CV.
~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-
Quixotic Sound Design: http://www.quixoticsounddesign.com
Europandemonium Refill: https://gumroad.com/l/YxIGB

Dante

17 Jan 2016

Rediculous the notion that development time should be diverted from functionality to GUIs of already working devices !

Lov2sing

17 Jan 2016

Dante wrote:Rediculous the notion that development time should be diverted from functionality to GUIs of already working devices !
I agree that is why skin development should be able for all to crest their own just like the combinator.

Dante

17 Jan 2016

Lov2sing wrote:
Dante wrote:Rediculous the notion that development time should be diverted from functionality to GUIs of already working devices !
I agree that is why skin development should be able for all to crest their own just like the combinator.
That would require massive development - all existing RE would need to be changed to paint around the controls, which are all in different positions per device. Not like combinator.

Mmj85

18 Jan 2016

Dante wrote:
Lov2sing wrote:
That would require massive development - all existing RE would need to be changed to paint around the controls, which are all in different positions per device. Not like combinator.

A good compromise from a user and a dev perspective would be to have the ability for dev to add extra skins to there RE's in the shop and users be able to buy them for maybe a few $, it's a win win IMO. Users get the freedom to customize ther RE's maybe a modern look and a vintage look and dev can receive some $ by offering the option. I know everyone can agree that fans will want a fresh look.:)
You have my vote that I would pay a few$ For that option. I mean think about it.. We buy these awesome RE's and we own them for ever, we form a bound with these devices ;) They are our buddies when it come to music creation, why wouldn't you buy new outfits for them so when they are going out for dinner or to a wedding hehe. It would be good to dress them up giving your RE's a different style.

PS: no one else has these option for vst or plugins unless they are already program to include different skins.
RE's would be the first to give this option when u buy them.

Plus, have u ever been on the fence because you worry of how a RE looks? Well if you are able to give options then you would be able to relate to the masses in a better way perhaps in more sale? You tell me :-)

gak

18 Jan 2016

Neptune just needs to be redone from the ground up, PERIOD! ;)

avasopht
Competition Winner

18 Jan 2016

DLDTech wrote:Whilst it's not possible to allow users to edit RE 'skins' due to the way shadows etc work, it would be fairly simple for PH to allow devs to release multiple skins for devices. This would be really useful as some users love crazy OTT graphics, whilst others prefer simpler, more realistic devices. We could have some real fun with this!

Adding ageing to the device would be awesome - especially if the device got older as you worked on a track :)
I've always felt the ability for users to replace the UI completely would go a long way. For a start it would allow developers to just go ahead and create their DSP and then let a user create the entire 3d device if they really like it.

Lov2sing

18 Jan 2016

avasopht wrote:
DLDTech wrote:Whilst it's not possible to allow users to edit RE 'skins' due to the way shadows etc work, it would be fairly simple for PH to allow devs to release multiple skins for devices. This would be really useful as some users love crazy OTT graphics, whilst others prefer simpler, more realistic devices. We could have some real fun with this!

I've always felt the ability for users to replace the UI completely would go a long way. For a start it would allow developers to just go ahead and create their DSP and then let a user create the entire 3d device if they really like it.
Well I just read the new version of Sylenth has skins to choose from so it may not be that far off all companies do the same. Although you can do the same on combinator it does not have a few stock designs to choose from.

XysteR

18 Jan 2016

I don't even care what any of them look like - as long as they do whatever they're supposed to do. They could all be in dog poo skin for all I care. Does that make me weird? lol

AJTIV

18 Jan 2016

Propellerhead should make your devices looks worn the fuck out based on your usage of each device in terms of time of use and account age. Then you can pay a fee to have the faceplates refurbished. Scratches, dings, broken knobs, spilled coffee, cum stains, etc.. build up over time until the device is un usable, then you can pay them a flat fee of $99 to come in and clean everything up and replace the parts if needed.

How does that sound in relation to what we have now?
:reason: :re: :PUF_figure:

avasopht
Competition Winner

18 Jan 2016

AJTIV wrote:Propellerhead should make your devices looks worn the fuck out based on your usage of each device in terms of time of use and account age. Then you can pay a fee to have the faceplates refurbished. Scratches, dings, broken knobs, spilled coffee, cum stains, etc.. build up over time until the device is un usable, then you can pay them a flat fee of $99 to come in and clean everything up and replace the parts if needed.

How does that sound in relation to what we have now?
I think that's got to be the best feature suggestion of all time :D

hamu

18 Jan 2016

XysteR wrote:I don't even care what any of them look like - as long as they do whatever they're supposed to do. They could all be in dog poo skin for all I care. Does that make me weird? lol
Only if you have an expressed, specific urge for the dog poo look... :mrgreen:

XysteR

18 Jan 2016

hamu wrote:
XysteR wrote:I don't even care what any of them look like - as long as they do whatever they're supposed to do. They could all be in dog poo skin for all I care. Does that make me weird? lol
Only if you have an expressed, specific urge for the dog poo look... :mrgreen:
lol. I was gonna go for 'baked bean' skin. Seriously though, does anyone really reeeeeeaaaally care that much about how they look? :mrgreen:

Noplan
Competition Winner

18 Jan 2016

I 've gotten used to the design that it would confuse my workflow if they change it.

Lov2sing

18 Jan 2016

Noplan wrote:I 've gotten used to the design that it would confuse my workflow if they change it.
I understand so you eat the same thing all the time and if it's changed then life is bad. Seriously I don't mean to hurt work flow just have a more personal rack. :shock:

Noplan
Competition Winner

18 Jan 2016

Lov2sing wrote:
Noplan wrote:I 've gotten used to the design that it would confuse my workflow if they change it.
I understand so you eat the same thing all the time and if it's changed then life is bad. Seriously I don't mean to hurt work flow just have a more personal rack. :shock:
It has nothing to do with my taste, but it is a neurologic phenomenon

Example:

I have a red srewdriver in my toolbox since 10 years and when someone replaces it by a black one i would search for a red item each time. This would result in time-wasting until i get used and realise to search for a black item.

My workflow depends on colours, first letters of a word (just try to change the language in reason and have fun) and in a nutshell with my whole habits. Don't change them just for fashion and i'll be fine.

• Information