New Lotus in the shop

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
MDTerps2015

08 Sep 2015

150 paid RExtensions and still no Grammy

ahs

08 Sep 2015

i am not quick enough ;-)

MDTerps2015

08 Sep 2015

ahs wrote:i am not quick enough ;-)
I wake up every morning and check the shop. Then im off to work.

Olivier

08 Sep 2015

Nice to see a new dev join in :)
:reason: V9 | i7 5930 | Motu 828 MK3 | Win 10

eusti

08 Sep 2015

eauhm wrote:Nice to see a new dev join in :)
They have a Chorus already in the shop, I believe.

D.

Olivier

08 Sep 2015

eusti wrote:

D.
They do indeed, my bad. Still happy to notice ;)
:reason: V9 | i7 5930 | Motu 828 MK3 | Win 10

pjeudy

08 Sep 2015

The Lotus Compressor is a multi-stage dynamic processor with adjustable response time. Built with tweak-ability in mind, The Lotus Compressor is a new take on an classic effect.
With a variable Time Scale parameter, The Lotus Compressor gives complete control over the envelope characteristics of the compression. This ensures The Lotus Compressor can always fit into your tracks, regardless of source material.
From vocals to smashed drums, you'll be hard pressed to find a more versatile compressor.

Features
- Ratios from 1:1 to 1:33
- Variable Knee Width
- Side-Chain
- Stereo-Link
- Variable Time Scale
- Attack range from 0.64ms to 21ms
- Release range from 71ms to 571ms
- Metered ins, outs and a gain reduction Vu-Meter

My opinion is that Propellerhead REASON needs a complete rewrite!
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

eusti

08 Sep 2015

eauhm wrote:
eusti wrote:

D.
They do indeed, my bad. Still happy to notice ;)
Completely agree! The more the merrier! :)

D.

boobytrap

08 Sep 2015

I expect Transfer curve display.
Reason 8 + Rack Extensions

FL Studio - Bitwig - Renoise - Massive - Zebra2 - Hive - Cyclop - Ozone 6

Shokstar

08 Sep 2015

it´s a cool Compressor. I like it :)

challism

09 Sep 2015

I'm set on compressors (very comp heavy in my rack). But I'm always happy to see more options in the shop.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

Shokstar

10 Sep 2015

Wow, no one is talking about that RE...That´s really sad to see that an unpopular Dev got no attention!

eusti

10 Sep 2015

Shokstar wrote:Wow, no one is talking about that RE...That´s really sad to see that an unpopular Dev got no attention!
Well, it could be that this is #18 of 19 compressors in the store...
I have only a few and am still not an expert on how to use the ones I have... :P

D.

alex

10 Sep 2015

This compressor is appealing, would love to know more about the "Variable Time Scale" feature...
The best things happen after reading the manual. ;)
:reason: :re: :refill: :ignition:

bpmorton

10 Sep 2015

alex wrote:This compressor is appealing, would love to know more about the "Variable Time Scale" feature...
their manual doesn't go into any details or specs so you might have to just try it out.

Benedict
Competition Winner

10 Sep 2015

I hate it when features aren't explained. Seems sloppy not to really explain why your toy is different, esp when there are apparently 19 of them.
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

Rice

11 Sep 2015

Benedict wrote:I hate it when features aren't explained. Seems sloppy not to really explain why your toy is different, esp when there are apparently 19 of them.
That's also a turn off for me being that I am a compressor slut (LOL!), I love comps like Theo love "NO" latency :D

pjeudy

11 Sep 2015

Dev can help a lot, simply by taking some time out to chat About there device, and answer some questions potential customers might have.
My opinion is that Propellerhead REASON needs a complete rewrite!
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

MDTerps2015

11 Sep 2015

Benedict wrote:I hate it when features aren't explained. Seems sloppy not to really explain why your toy is different, esp when there are apparently 19 of them.
I was just playing around with Lotus and there is a noticeable fatness it adds to a bass line. I was using Polysix and going through patches. Trying to get the same gr, release, and attack and maybe it was late but it added some fatness to the sounds. I guess kind of a thickness. I A/B-ed it against 670, Frg, Moo*, and FET. Mootube was on par with it with the fatness or thickness added. I dont know but considering it the more i test it. BTW the splex can do some really weird stuff. I like.

BassmentDSP

11 Sep 2015

MDTerps2015 wrote:
I was just playing around with Lotus and there is a noticeable fatness it adds to a bass line. I was using Polysix and going through patches. Trying to get the same gr, release, and attack and maybe it was late but it added some fatness to the sounds. I guess kind of a thickness. I A/B-ed it against 670, Frg, Moo*, and FET. Mootube was on par with it with the fatness or thickness added. I dont know but considering it the more i test it. BTW the splex can do some really weird stuff. I like.
Glad your enjoying the Lotus.
alex wrote:This compressor is appealing, would love to know more about the "Variable Time Scale" feature...
The time scale parameter essentially scales the GR envelope in time. Smaller values will make the GR kick in faster, as well as release quicker.
Rice wrote:
That's also a turn off for me being that I am a compressor slut (LOL!), I love comps like Theo love "NO" latency :D
No latency is introduced in the algorithm. :thumbs_up:

Yonatan

12 Sep 2015

How heavy or light is this one on the CPU? (roughly speaking, compared to other compressors)

BassmentDSP

13 Sep 2015

Yonatan wrote:How heavy or light is this one on the CPU? (roughly speaking, compared to other compressors)
This is something I'd love to know as well.
Personally, I've been able to throw this on every channel in a 48-Track session. Hopefully far beyond the point the average user would need it.

Tincture

13 Sep 2015

I dunno,

It's a lot of money for a single instance compressor... I haven't tried it but I do have the chorus and that is basic to say the least. Best thing being the zero phase.

If it was 15, I'd try it at least... but 35... no.

BassmentDSP

13 Sep 2015

I'm not sure what you mean by single instance. You may use as many as your CPU can handle. It also has stereo operation(meaning two separate GR algorithms).

eusti

13 Sep 2015

BassmentDSP wrote:I'm not sure what you mean by single instance. You may use as many as your CPU can handle. It also has stereo operation(meaning two separate GR algorithms).
I think Tincture is referring to a "single band" device opposed to a multi band one...

D.

• Information