[RE POLAR] Vastra Ambient Reverb

This forum is for sharing patches created with the updated Combinator, as well as backdrops and any backdrop assets.
Forum rules
This forum is for sharing patches created with the updated Combinator, as well as backdrops and any backdrop assets. If you would like to share a patch here as an attachment, you must zip it first. Otherwise you can host your patches elsewhere and share the links here.
deeplink
Competition Winner

05 Feb 2024

Hey RT

Here is a new free combinator effect, aimed at instantly creating beautiful and moving ambient textures.

It offers a unique very-long attack time and up to seven "voices" (layers) of reverb - partly powered by Reason's Polar Rack Extension. There is also controls for reverb Freeze, level and pan modulation for each of the layers, filtering, eq, tube distortion and an auto-side chain (pump style) effect.

It can easily provide an textural bedding for your music - from literally any sound source - or be a deep and layered focal point for ambient productions.

It works great on practically anything - I have especially enjoyed it on some of Complex-1's generative patches, as well as arps and pads.

Just don't remove the vacuum tube while the unit is on :)

Hope you enjoy!

cheers,

deeplink

Download link: https://deeplink.gumroad.com/l/vastra
Vastra Preview.jpeg
Vastra Preview.jpeg (686.04 KiB) Viewed 5501 times
Get more Combinators at the deeplink website

crimsonwarlock

05 Feb 2024

Again, very nice GUI.
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

_andreypetr_

05 Feb 2024

Oh my god, this is exactly what I needed, great idea and device, thank you very much!

moneykube

05 Feb 2024

greatness unveiled
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

Re8et
Competition Winner

06 Feb 2024

I'm often delaying the download of your combinators bc I feel they are worth more than a cup of coffee most of the time and I feel hesitant between choosing to Sturbucks over my usual home coffe tab.
Again.. Pure Artwork.

ksniod

07 Feb 2024

Makes any sound beautiful, thanks!

deeplink
Competition Winner

07 Feb 2024

Thank you guys! Glad you like it :)

Feel free to simply download it, there will be more combis in the future

selig
RE Developer

07 Feb 2024

Figured the UI alone was worth a fiver for ya, but the effect will most certainly be useful in my work - another nice one!
Selig Audio, LLC

deeplink
Competition Winner

07 Feb 2024

selig wrote:
07 Feb 2024
Figured the UI alone was worth a fiver for ya, but the effect will most certainly be useful in my work - another nice one!
Deeply honoured and grateful.

If your keen ears or eyes pick up any snags please let me know - I'm keen to release version updates to my combis should they require one

selig
RE Developer

07 Feb 2024

deeplink wrote:
07 Feb 2024
selig wrote:
07 Feb 2024
Deeply honoured and grateful.

If your keen ears or eyes pick up any snags please let me know - I'm keen to release version updates to my combis should they require one
Just found one: Amount to Hall Mod Amount in first RV7000. "All Plate Spread" is the patch (on all your RV7000s), and is the device name as well. However the device itself is using the Area algorithm, and the Hall Mod Amount applies to the Hall algorithm only. So either switch to Hall algorithm or delete that path in the Combi Programmer.

It's a really cool sound, and if you want an even smoother version try it fed into a long hall or something like NI Raum, as it helps to smooth out some of the granular nature of the patch.
Sill messing around, here is a snippet of me playing Rhodes (real) into it, starting with the settings as loaded, increasing Decay, Feedback, and Amount a bit and engaging a HP filter (set to 9:00 on the dial, no res):
Selig Audio, LLC

deeplink
Competition Winner

07 Feb 2024

selig wrote:
07 Feb 2024
Just found one:
Thank you for pointing that out. You are right it doesn't impact the patch at all. In the early stages of the combi, the 'Amount' knob used to control a wide variety of parameters. But then I scaled it back a bit and also switched to the Arena algorithm as the main reverb. The assignment of Amount to the Hall Mod is just a latent / superseded assignment, I will clean this up in a version update.

I should also go get into the habit of naming the devices - just so it's a bit cleaner :)

Also thank you for providing that sound demo (it's the first one!). I'm hoping to do a video on it soon.

challism

08 Feb 2024

Thanks for sharing. This one looks and sounds beautiful. Nice job!
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

Tinnitus

19 Feb 2024

Just to leave some praise for you on this thread, I love your work and became a gumroad Supporter (although didn't leave a star review like the other 3 did).

Great work, great GUI and just the ideal use of combi2s. Particularly love you adding the extra REs needed in the title of the patch.

Any chance you could consider doing something clever with Morpher CV (not free but cheap)?

deeplink
Competition Winner

19 Feb 2024

Tinnitus wrote:
19 Feb 2024
Just to leave some praise for you on this thread, I love your work and became a gumroad Supporter (although didn't leave a star review like the other 3 did).

Great work, great GUI and just the ideal use of combi2s. Particularly love you adding the extra REs needed in the title of the patch.

Any chance you could consider doing something clever with Morpher CV (not free but cheap)?
Thank you Tinnitus, I really do appreciate it.

Also I love taking requests, so will look into Morpher CV - I am not familiar with it, but looks like it could be fun (depending on what is available to be mapped by the combi). Parameter randomization could be really cool :)

Tinnitus

20 Feb 2024

deeplink wrote:
19 Feb 2024
Also I love taking requests, so will look into Morpher CV - I am not familiar with it, but looks like it could be fun (depending on what is available to be mapped by the combi). Parameter randomization could be really cool :)
Thanks. I feel a bit conflicted asking for this because what is really great about your devices is that they typically use built in or free REs, or the ones that need to be bought are made by Reason Studios. This makes all your Combi 2 magic accessible to all.

Having said that you might also be able to use Morpher CV as a predefined 8 preset mechanism ( or even user save within a project) within a Combi 2, as well as the exciting randomisation and morphing movement.

If you do find you're having fun and want to add it to everything, you might like to consider releasing versions of your devices with and without this Morpher CV? Just my 2 cents worth...

wendylou

08 Mar 2024

Absolutely gorgeous sounding! :clap:
:puf_smile: http://www.galxygirl.com -- :reason: user since 2002

deeplink
Competition Winner

10 Mar 2024

wendylou wrote:
08 Mar 2024
Absolutely gorgeous sounding! :clap:
Thank you Wendy ❤️