[required kHs Filter] RORY'S FILTER PATCHES

This forum is for sharing patches created with the updated Combinator, as well as backdrops and any backdrop assets.
Forum rules
This forum is for sharing patches created with the updated Combinator, as well as backdrops and any backdrop assets. If you would like to share a patch here as an attachment, you must zip it first. Otherwise you can host your patches elsewhere and share the links here.
rorystorm

05 Dec 2023

Hi, here's a bunch of filter combinators I made today.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/kuqewq9i ... hhl85&dl=0

I have no graphics skills so they're a bit boring to look at sorry. I used the Kilohearts Filter RD for them, it's very standard but wanted something straightforward and flexible to use. It's free to download if you don't already have it.

The combinators are:

BURNING SWAN

Burning Swan is good for getting that mid to late 90s Orb/Homogenic swirls on your drums or for ambient pads. It's a set of four moving filters with adjustable cutoff and resonance, level, and separate cutoff movement and panning speeds. You can change the cutoff movement LFO type between sine and random and also mute each filter as well as adjust the levels. There's also an EQ with global low pass and high pass if you go crazy with the resonance, as you should because it sounds excellent.

There's two variations. Burning Swan model A has a low pass filter, two band pass filters and a high pass filter. The band pass filters are panned left and right but there's a centre button for each one if you mute the other. Burning Swan model B is four band pass filters panned across the stereo, each of which has a centre button if you mute one of the other filters and want to balance things out.

STEPPED PYRIMID

Stepped Pyrimid, which I deliberately misspelt, is a set of four panned stepped filters with individual controls for cutoff, resonance and filter type (LPF, BPF, HPF). Again, there's a global LPF to tame any resonant crazies. Each filter is driven by a Matrix with a number of patterns which you choose with the 'Bank' control. The range of the filters is slightly adjusted so that when they're following the same pattern there's still a difference in sound for each one.

The filters are in sets of two opposingly panned filters: 1-2 and 3-4. If one filter in the set is muted, the other will move from the side to the centre (and you can also mute both within the set). There are stereo width controls for when both filters in the set are unmuted - one control for 1-2 and one for 3-4.

There are three variants: Egyptian, Mesoamerican, and Atlantean. Model A of each has a 'Global Bank' control so all four Matrices are driven by the same pattern. (It's basically the IMF). Model B has an individual bank control for each filter so that there's more variation although this can get a little chaotic.

Egyptian: four saw/triangle patterns at 1/2, 1/4, 1/8 and 1/16 resolutions. The patterns are up, down, up/down and down/up JUST LIKE A STEPPED PYRAMID. There are two sets at each resolution, one set of 16 steps and one of 32. This is for your standard rise and fall.

Mesoamerican: eight patterns I thought might be interesting or useful. Some saws with each 2nd step at maximum, and then some others with each 3rd step at maximum and the other steps at a lower level, etc. Again in 1/2, 1/4, 1/8 and 1/16 resolutions.

Atlantean: 32 random patterns of various speeds, resolutions and step number. This is more for a sample and hold kind of feel if you want to get all Aphex about it.

Couple of notes.

Stepped Pyrimid sounds cool when all the controls are static but it sounds really cool if they're modulated, and extremely cool with the resolution turned up. You can automate the cutoffs but you know, you can also flip it over and plug a LFO into the cv controls in the back which sounds great.

As I said I used the Kilohearts Filter RE for this but if you want to do a little rewiring and re-editing, other filter REs obviously work too - I got really good results using the Primal Audio Acid Diode Ladder Filter. Happy to build one if anyone would like it.

moneykube

06 Dec 2023

thank you !
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

rorystorm

06 Dec 2023

đź‘Ť

challism

06 Jan 2024

Thanks for sharing!
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

rorystorm

17 Jan 2024

challism wrote: ↑
06 Jan 2024
Thanks for sharing!
My pleasure!

• Information