[STOCK] Auto Glitch Transformer

This forum is for sharing patches created with the updated Combinator, as well as backdrops and any backdrop assets.
Forum rules
This forum is for sharing patches created with the updated Combinator, as well as backdrops and any backdrop assets. If you would like to share a patch here as an attachment, you must zip it first. Otherwise you can host your patches elsewhere and share the links here.
deeplink
Competition Winner

16 Oct 2023

Hey RT

Here is a free combinator effect device, which provides up to 32 weird and glitchy Effect Presets all accessible from a single rotary knob - called the Auto Glitch Transformer( I hope it looks familiar!)

Description and Video Demo Below

Beyond just effect selection, this combinator includes an auto effect randomizer, a probabilistic beat repeater and a built-in "OTT style" compressor (made with Reason devices).

Essentially, it's a fun way to create and sample weird and unique sounds from any source, be it from drums or synth sequences.

It's made with built-in devices only, however the last five effects use Reason's Polar RE. It's not essential that you have Polar, because you swap any effect out with your own effect/RE/VST.

Each of the effects are neatly labelled by Mixer Input number to make it easier to customize, if you so choose to.

hope you guys enjoy, cheers!

deeplink

Preview:
Preview - Copy.jpg
Preview - Copy.jpg (698.77 KiB) Viewed 10855 times
Video Demo:

Get more Combinators at the deeplink website

Ottostrom

16 Oct 2023

Very cool device, thanks for sharing! Will try it out when I get home :)

Quarmat
Competition Winner

16 Oct 2023

Such a cool device. Good job in changing the colour of audiomatic. Your combis are the best. In function and look. Kudos!

deeplink
Competition Winner

17 Oct 2023

Thanks guys!

I was actually surprised at how well the automatic came out. The dark panel on the inside almost has a chalkboard finish to it.. which doesn't make much sense - but actually looks good at the end.

Happy to share a blank panel version, and diff colors if anyone wants it.

antic604

17 Oct 2023

deeplink wrote:
16 Oct 2023
Here is a free combinator effect device, which provides up to 32 weird and glitchy Effect Presets all accessible from a single rotary knob - called the Auto Glitch Transformer( I hope it looks familiar!)[...]
This looks & sounds pretty special! Thanks for sharing :clap: :crazy:

I always wanted to ask - how do you guys do those backgrounds? Is it a continuous trial & error to have it aligned with controls? Or is there some tool that helps with that (e.g. you compose the background from individual elements that you prepare off-line and can move, scale, rotate, etc. in editor; rather than one big bitmap)? I only ever looked into Combi2 right when it was released :)
Music tech enthusiast.
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder.
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

deeplink
Competition Winner

18 Oct 2023

antic604 wrote:
17 Oct 2023
deeplink wrote:
16 Oct 2023
Here is a free combinator effect device, which provides up to 32 weird and glitchy Effect Presets all accessible from a single rotary knob - called the Auto Glitch Transformer( I hope it looks familiar!)[...]
This looks & sounds pretty special! Thanks for sharing :clap: :crazy:

I always wanted to ask - how do you guys do those backgrounds? Is it a continuous trial & error to have it aligned with controls? Or is there some tool that helps with that (e.g. you compose the background from individual elements that you prepare off-line and can move, scale, rotate, etc. in editor; rather than one big bitmap)? I only ever looked into Combi2 right when it was released :)
I think everyone does it their own way...

Personally, I do the controls first - so I know the scope of what is required.
Then I might do some mock ups in Google Slides of a backdrop design.
Then take a screen shot of the panel layout, so I know roughly where things go.
Then do the background in Gimp, with a lot of re-exporting (trial and error) to line things up just right.

I am sure there are better ways of going about it, or better applications to use (especially for 3D style elements), but Gimp is the only software that I am used to using.

antic604

18 Oct 2023

deeplink wrote:
18 Oct 2023
I think everyone does it their own way...

Personally, I do the controls first - so I know the scope of what is required.
Then I might do some mock ups in Google Slides of a backdrop design.
Then take a screen shot of the panel layout, so I know roughly where things go.
Then do the background in Gimp, with a lot of re-exporting (trial and error) to line things up just right.

I am sure there are better ways of going about it, or better applications to use (especially for 3D style elements), but Gimp is the only software that I am used to using.
Thanks! That sounds like a lot of work and going back & forth! :o

Perhaps they should consider giving access to Combinator creators to the RE GUI development tools? I understand they were/are quite sophisticated, incl. - at one point, at least - ability to use 3D elements as a starting point. That would probably be an overkill! But some sort of ability to build a "library" of GUI elements that one can place on the face plate, resize, rotate, etc. while working on the controls & logic, would be welcome.
Music tech enthusiast.
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder.
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

arnigretar

18 Oct 2023

Just saw this today. Brilliant device yet again. Thankful for people like you deeplink!
https://futuregrapher.bandcamp.com/

Reason 12, Ableton Live 10 Suite, Roland Cloud, Arturia V9, Korg Legacy 3, Soundtoys 5, Waves Mercury, Sonic Charge Bundle, N.I.: Massive, Reaktor 6, FM8. + a lot of Hardware. Windows 7/10.

challism

18 Oct 2023

Thanks for sharing. Downloading now. I'm always excited to get a new deeplink combi! Thanks again!
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

• Information