[STOCK] Quantum Modular Rack

This forum is for sharing patches created with the updated Combinator, as well as backdrops and any backdrop assets.
Forum rules
This forum is for sharing patches created with the updated Combinator, as well as backdrops and any backdrop assets. If you would like to share a patch here as an attachment, you must zip it first. Otherwise you can host your patches elsewhere and share the links here.
deeplink
Competition Winner

22 Oct 2022

Hi RT

Here is a combinator patch, inspired by the look and trippy sounds of Eurorack modules - unsurprisingly this is not your typical synth device.

All stock devices so anyone can immediately download and play with it.

This device autoplays from an internal Clock
From there, CV is generated from an Envelope, two separate LFO's (with Latch/Sample&Hold) and multiple random CVs - which can be sent to the Note, Fold, FM, OSC Mod and Amp Release via the Distributor
The Pitch is also quantized into a set Scale and Key
There is a Probability Multiplier that will occasionally allow the CV to pass through
The clock itself can also be attenuated to change its rate randomly to carefully prescribed rates
Obligatory Reverb and Delay (with Amount optionally linked to Probability) is also included
Per trigger random panning can also be set

Basically, you get this device to sing to you - fron random glitchy squawks to long ever changing drones

The LFO's are powered by Malstrom, so there's plenty of variety to choose from and which allows for some really quick but super interesting patterns.

Together with Randomizer and Probability, this device can be used to easily create generative music.

cheers,
deeplink

Download Link
Quantum Modular Rack.zip
(586.48 KiB) Downloaded 173 times
Attachments
Preview.jpg
Preview.jpg (229.34 KiB) Viewed 3014 times
Get more Combinators at the deeplink website

crimsonwarlock

22 Oct 2022

Does it come with a saw, so I can remove the rack rails to make it fit :puf_bigsmile:

Just kidding, of course. Again a gorgeous GUI, very inspirational. Downloaded, will try it soon-ish.
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

moalla

22 Oct 2022

horny sounding modular monster, how much tinme did you spend to reallize this comb ;)
https://soundcloud.com/user-594407128
Reason12.5, Yamaha EG112, Ibanez PF10, RhythmWolf, Miniak, Ipad+SparkLE
SE2200t :arrow: VAS micpre MOTO:better repair-mod well made stuff than buy the next crap

martynx

22 Oct 2022

Many thanks for this amazing thing!

deeplink
Competition Winner

23 Oct 2022

Thanks guys, will be adding some patches later this week as well.
moalla wrote:
22 Oct 2022
horny sounding modular monster, how much tinme did you spend to reallize this comb ;)
I mostly worked on the GUI yesterday and the night before. The device and programming took a 1 or 2 hours each night after work during the week.

ksniod

23 Oct 2022

This is great, thank you!

zoidkirb

23 Oct 2022

This is super cool!
Really proves the worth of Combi 2 and R12.

Faastwalker

24 Oct 2022

That looks great. Nice work. Will be downloading ASAP.

When I first saw Combinator 2 I had an idea I'd like to make something like this with it. Still haven't gotten around to do much at all with Combinator 2 yet! I need to brush up my GUI making skills. Used to be reasonably decent at it. I don't have Photoshop CC anymore (after changing jobs) and I'm struggling to find the motivation learn a new tool :-/

Jackjackdaw

24 Oct 2022

Nice work! I have so far paid almost zero attention to the new combinator and I haven’t done any creative routing for ages either, this looks really inspiring!

dan_g

24 Oct 2022

Faastwalker wrote:
24 Oct 2022
That looks great. Nice work. Will be downloading ASAP.

When I first saw Combinator 2 I had an idea I'd like to make something like this with it. Still haven't gotten around to do much at all with Combinator 2 yet! I need to brush up my GUI making skills. Used to be reasonably decent at it. I don't have Photoshop CC anymore (after changing jobs) and I'm struggling to find the motivation learn a new tool :-/
try affinity photo. its great. surely it has some stuff missing to photoshop but for me it works really well.
:reason: :record: :re: :refill: :ignition: - 12 - Hobbyist
minimal techno - deep minimal dubstep - drum 'n' bass/neurofunk - brostep/deathstep - band recording

New Release: https://open.spotify.com/track/5mQ1XEQtZcVeFVfZvcS5kw

Jackjackdaw

24 Oct 2022

Affinity photo and designer are solid. Not as feature rich as Adobe but the ui is much nicer imo. If you already know Photoshop it won’t take a minute to pick it up. Also they do 50% off sales regularly and Black Friday is coming up.

dan_g

24 Oct 2022

Jackjackdaw wrote:
24 Oct 2022
Affinity photo and designer are solid. Not as feature rich as Adobe but the ui is much nicer imo. If you already know Photoshop it won’t take a minute to pick it up. Also they do 50% off sales regularly and Black Friday is coming up.
100% agreed!

a big plus is also the perpetual license you get. no subscription.
:reason: :record: :re: :refill: :ignition: - 12 - Hobbyist
minimal techno - deep minimal dubstep - drum 'n' bass/neurofunk - brostep/deathstep - band recording

New Release: https://open.spotify.com/track/5mQ1XEQtZcVeFVfZvcS5kw

deeplink
Competition Winner

24 Oct 2022

Faastwalker wrote:
24 Oct 2022
Used to be reasonably decent at it. I don't have Photoshop CC anymore (after changing jobs) and I'm struggling to find the motivation learn a new tool :-/
Jackjackdaw wrote:
24 Oct 2022
dan_g wrote:
24 Oct 2022
try affinity photo. its great. surely it has some stuff missing to photoshop but for me it works really well.
Personally, I use Gimp - which is free, and I believe is very close in conceptually to Photoshop. Plenty of tutorial resources for Gimp available on YT as well.

Faastwalker

24 Oct 2022

I tried Gimp. It looks like a very good PS alternative. But I got frustrated with basic stuff that was second nature in PS. I should give it another try and find some tutorials on YouTube. Just lacking motivation to learn new tool. Saying that, the Adobe PS CC subscription fee is a pretty decent motivator to look elsewhere.

• Information