Dual Arp Generative Music Utility

This forum is for sharing patches created with the updated Combinator, as well as backdrops and any backdrop assets.
Forum rules
This forum is for sharing patches created with the updated Combinator, as well as backdrops and any backdrop assets. If you would like to share a patch here as an attachment, you must zip it first. Otherwise you can host your patches elsewhere and share the links here.
Worker 13

03 Aug 2022

In Reason 12, you can create a combinator and then access some of the Dual Arp parameters and control them with LFOs (in this case, Reason's Pulsar).

You'll need to draw some notes in the piano roll to give the Dual Arp something to work with.

The "Arp Note Rate" controls how much the LFO will affect the speed/tempo of the Dual Arp.

The "Transpose Rate" controls how much the LFO will affect the Transpose of the Dual Arp. When you start turning this to the right, you'll start getting more notes added to your arp pattern (beyond the normal 4 note limit).

Video is here:

File is here:

wowhow
Competition Winner

04 Aug 2022

thanks! I love the watery sounds you can get with this when you turn every parameter fully to the right.

Worker 13

04 Aug 2022

As with everything in Reason...it's kind of cool and janky and annoying!

wowhow
Competition Winner

04 Aug 2022

haha I wouldn't say annoying! it's just like lego!

Worker 13

05 Aug 2022

Well, I've been using Reason since ver 1.0 and I got used to Propellerhead's unique work flow. We'll see how the next 20 years go.

• Information