BV•X Vocal Doubler/Whisper/Group generator

This forum is for sharing patches created with the updated Combinator, as well as backdrops and any backdrop assets.
Forum rules
This forum is for sharing patches created with the updated Combinator, as well as backdrops and any backdrop assets. If you would like to share a patch here as an attachment, you must zip it first. Otherwise you can host your patches elsewhere and share the links here.
selig
RE Developer

02 May 2022

Here's a quick way to use BV•X as simple doubler (default), whisper track generator (turn OSC/NOISE MIX all the way to the right), or stereo 'choir' generator using the Unison section:

When using Noise, the NOISE COLOR control shifts the tonal balance. Higher means more sparkle/sizzle and less body, lower is the opposite. Always a good idea to sweep it around for each vocal to make sure it's adding the right frequency range. When it's working well the vocal should have an "exciter" effect where the high end is hyped and boosted, but the vocal is not thinned out.
Unison takes things bigger and wider, creating huge doubles or group 'chant' effects with looser timing and wider detune settings. Spread at max never seems TOO wide to me…

Finally, use the DOUBLE LEVEL control on the far right to adjust the level of the double, or use Voice Doubler on a parallel channel of the vocal and click SOLO FX for even more control using the SSL EQ/Dynamics/Inserts on the doubled vocal.

Here's the download link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/i3kxy15mo0q9s ... b.zip?dl=0
Selig Audio, LLC

wendylou

02 May 2022

Nice! I ran this doubler output through Joey Luck's BV-X TalkBox patch for double the flavor!
:puf_smile: http://www.galxygirl.com -- :reason: user since 2002

• Information